I changed my mind ...

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
If you've followed my plight, after COVID and after we started to receive more rumors and news on the Mach E timeline slipping, I was going to wait to November to decide to place an order (and as a bonus hoped to sit in one before ordering). The good news is, after communicating with my dealer and confirming X-Plan pricing (with the GM of the dealership, in writing) I decided to pull the trigger on the order button.

I have still strategically waited until _after_ August 31 in hopes of missing the first wave and catching the second wave, as a couple more months of saving for down-payment would be nice. I'm not concerned about receiving the vehicle nor the tax credit this year. It will be interesting to follow my build vs. all of you that pulled your triggers in June to see if the order date really did matter that much at all.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
I find your order number quite intriguing. Most people placing orders now are in the 10300000 range. Your order number is similar to those who placed a reservation in November of 2019

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I find your order number quite intriguing. Most people placing orders now are in the 10300000 range. Your order number is similar to those who placed a reservation in November of 2019
He did. He reserved in November 2019. The saga was in why he waited until now to convert.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
The good news is, our family finances have improved faster than expected after the hit we took early this year. It is not completely where I want it to be, but I have hope that we'll be back ahead enough to start back saving for a down-payment in about a month. After communicating with my dealer and confirming X-Plan pricing (with the GM of the dealership, in writing) I decided to pull the trigger on the order button.

I have still strategically waited until _after_ August 31 in hopes of missing the first wave and catching the second wave, as a couple more months of saving for down-payment would be nice. I'm not concerned about receiving the vehicle nor the tax credit this year.
I don't know you, obviously, so don't take this as a personal insult. It isn't meant that way. Feel free to tell me to mind my own beeswax. But, if you are actually saving the down payment up before delivery you can't afford a $50k dollar car right now and probably not in six months.

Maybe you are the type of person who likes to put money in different baskets mentally, but has everything covered in the broad picture. Then I apologize. However, no one scraping a downpayment together should be buying an MME. Particularly now with the economy in such a precarious position.

The MME is a luxury. Maybe some would argue not a luxury car in auto world jargon, but any $50-60k purchase is a luxury. When a purchase strains your finances or would potentially break them if your apple cart gets upset it isn't a sound decision.
Sponsored