My order status page changed.

DocOfClocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-E Premium AWD, CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
Boom just like that Place order went to blue and status says Ready
Just for context, I have the Blue circle on Place Order (Ready) as well and I didn't put in my order until March 4.
Sponsored

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Without wanting to be a "Me Too" poster I have to chime in with "Me Too". My status went to "Place Order - Ready" today. Put my order in on February 24, two weeks ago today. With the waiting that everyone else has done, I'm assuming that this is the order to start mining the iron to make the steel in the chassis and body panels ?

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
My experience in Pennsylvania is that the “finance” end of purchasing a car is an hours-long, drawn out, process, with many elements of the ceremony rooted in our Commonwealth’s 17th century English heritage. Think of the investiture of a new monarch or something. There are many arcane instruments that must be signed with a dip pen (quill is preferred, of course) then sealed with wax. Multiple pieces of correspondence must flow between the dealership and various arcane bodies (usually via runner, but if you’re lucky, they might get a fast pony). There’s an interminable amount of waiting while ancient rituals involving 12th century relics are performed in the back offices. And of course, there is the ceremonial parading of the Ford Extended Service plan brochures, so that you can gaze upon them in wonderment. Finally, the finance manager dusts of the IBM Selectric (or, if you’re in a modern dealership, the pin-fed dot matrix printer) to produce the final official documents.
iPad?! Don’t make me laugh! We’re not nearly as advanced as you high-tech, left-coast Oklahomans!
Seriously, the agonizingly long, tedious paperwork process is what I hate most about buying a car. And supposedly, it can’t be streamlined in PA.
As a fellow Pennsylvanian, you’re speaking the truth! ?

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
“Place Order” is now checked. So I’m back to where I started.
Man, you guys have it good. Last fall/ early winter, we were all watching the circles uncheck, there was no "ready" status, build dates disappeared for a week, and then like magic it would come back a random day.
Also, our build dates would move around, both forward and backward. ?
At least, now, there is more information out there.

Good luck in the waiting process. I know it's brutal! But the wait will be worth it.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Without wanting to be a "Me Too" poster I have to chime in with "Me Too". My status went to "Place Order - Ready" today. Put my order in on February 24, two weeks ago today. With the waiting that everyone else has done, I'm assuming that this is the order to start mining the iron to make the steel in the chassis and body panels ?
Don’t be silly. It’s the order to mine the iron to make the saw to cut the tree to make the handle to the tool that will make the steel that is used on your frame. The actual mining for the frame material is like 5 more steps along.

Obviously, you have not been paying attention. ;)

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
when did you reserve? I reserved 2/18 and only have Reserve Ready green. I got a call last week from George the salesman telling me I am pre-production so he thought I was about a month out from getting the car. I chuckled under my breath with that statement. I hope to find a GB FE that was abandoned before the Place Order is green anyway.
I have a few First Editions available near me but I'm hesitant to buy one due to all the issues we're seeing. If I can find a Mach E in my spec with a build date of, say, March or later then maybe I'll jump on that. Will likely still be months ahead of my actual reservation arriving!

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
Boom just like that Place order went to blue and status says Ready
As someone who ordered 2 weeks before that and still at “Not Yet Started” that’s frustrating. Glad yours is moving though. I feel like I’m never going to get a build date. I don’t even feel confident they have my order now.

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
As someone who ordered 2 weeks before that and still at “Not Yet Started” that’s frustrating. Glad yours is moving though. I feel like I’m never going to get a build date. I don’t even feel confident they have my order now.
I have no faith in this process at this point. I got a call a week ago from my salesman because he knows I am trying to find one that has been abandoned. He said congrats your order has moved to pre-production and his experience says that the car will be built within a month. I just about choked as I chuckled at that statement. Now fast forward a week and it appears that it is waiting for the order to either be submitted or accepted.

I just want to get an abandoned FE at this point.

OP
OP

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have no faith in this process at this point. I got a call a week ago from my salesman because he knows I am trying to find one that has been abandoned. He said congrats your order has moved to pre-production and his experience says that the car will be built within a month. I just about choked as I chuckled at that statement. Now fast forward a week and it appears that it is waiting for the order to either be submitted or accepted.

I just want to get an abandoned FE at this point.
This isn’t the first vehicle I’ve purchased from this dealer or this salesman. I believe him when he says he doesn’t know any more than I. Ford is keeping him as much in the dark as they are me.

As far as I’m concerned Ford has thoroughly botched the MME and new sales model roll out.

If I had it to do over, I wouldn’t.

Mayesc1

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Energy Manager
Country flag
This isn’t the first vehicle I’ve purchased from this dealer or this salesman. I believe him when he says he doesn’t know any more than I. Ford is keeping him as much in the dark as they are me.

As far as I’m concerned Ford has thoroughly botched the MME and new sales model roll out.

If I had it to do over, I wouldn’t.
When the Tesla 3 was released I put a deposit down. It did not come out before my lease was over and there was no communication. So I got another lease knowing Ford was coming out with something. Still in same issue with lease ending. But I told my local dealer one way or another they were gonna get me a red MME no later than July. Even if they had to get ne from another dealer.

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
No clue, but here it what it looks like
placeorderready.PNG
Mine looks like this, too. The deposit was paid two months ago and it says that my order was accepted by the dealer. I keep wondering if there is a small pop-up window on a computer at the dealer with a blinking button saying "press to continue," or "are you sure?"

How can it be "ready" to order when I've already ordered it? Anyway, I'm grateful to see I'm not alone.

OP
OP

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine looks like this, too. The deposit was paid two months ago and it says that my order was accepted by the dealer. I keep wondering if there is a small pop-up window on a computer at the dealer with a blinking button saying "press to continue," or "are you sure?"

How can it be "ready" to order when I've already ordered it? Anyway, I'm grateful to see I'm not alone.
One of life’s great mysteries but mine is the same. Legend has it that some day far far in the future a build date will slip through the Ford information blackout.

Ranvin

First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 535i, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Something changed on my order status page. The current status remains “accepted” but there are 6 new status fields across the top beginning with “Reserved” and ending with “Completed”. Those weren’t there yesterday.

Am I grasping at straws or is something happening?
Question do you check your order status?

Mayesc1

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Energy Manager
Country flag
Obsessively.
When I received an email from Ford last week that mine will go into production the last week of May the blue Place Order went green and says complete. Now the In Production circle is in ready status and blue.
Sponsored