Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Sorry you are having a bad experience.
You mentioned you are using a 30A circuit to connect the mobile charger, correct? When I plug mine I see it draws close to 7kW (about 29A). If your circuit is limited at 30A it will be very easy to trip the circuit breaker. You might need to check with an electrician to increase that. Or use a different charger that allows to control the amount of electricity drawn from the wall plug. Unfortunately neither the MME or the included mobile charger allows for adjustment on max power.
Sponsored

OP
OP
americanflannel

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
I do not write menu descriptions for a living
Country flag
Sorry you are having a bad experience.
You mentioned you are using a 30A circuit to connect the mobile charger, correct? When I plug mine I see it draws close to 7kW (about 29A). If your circuit is limited at 30A it will be very easy to trip the circuit breaker. You might need to check with an electrician to increase that. Or use a different charger that allows to control the amount of electricity drawn from the wall plug. Unfortunately neither the MME or the included mobile charger allows for adjustment on max power.
I bought a 24amp charger with a 14-30p , that is the one that isn't working. I do not have a 50a circuit available for the included ford charger, so I am having to use it at 110v until I resolve the other issue. I think it's a dud charger or the mustang not liking it, because the circuit is solid I tested it again this morning.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I've also seen someone absolutely destroy a car that way before while off-roading (though that was a "left it in neutral, picked it up from where they laid it over, didn't put it on gear and it rolled to it's doom the minute the winch was unhooked)
Off topic, but I witnessed a very similar event happen in the George Washington National Forest. This didn't happen to be a few years back off-roading with a Toyota Tacoma enthusiasts group, did it?

OP
OP
americanflannel

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Country flag
Off topic, but I witnessed a very similar event happen in the George Washington National Forest. This didn't happen to be a few years back off-roading with a Toyota Tacoma enthusiasts group, did it?
No, Land Rover group in Texas... a Defender 90.

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
Day two and the parking brake has now decided not to work and throws a Park Fault warning.
Same day I get my level 2 charger (Splitvolt 24amp w/ 14-30 plug plugged into a dedicated 30amp 14-30r), and it faults out immediately when I plug it.

Now trying to get a service appointment on a sunday night and the automated system is indicating no appointments until Tuesday.
This week is incredibly busy for us and I need my car among other things to get my second covid shot while my daughter undergoes time sensitive bloodwork testing over two days. I can't be without a car for any length - and if Service Loaner for life* (*when available) is anything like other dealers it won't work because I absolutely have to be able to carry three car seats.

I feel like a "told you so" is going to come from my wife (who would never buy a ford) my mother (who thinks EVs are dumb) and guys at work (who say never buy a first model year)

This is not the amazing wanting to never stop taking it out and driving it and showing it off experience that I love about getting a new car.
I am just glad it wasn't the Polestar I was originally wanting - how would this even work without a dealer to at least pretend to help out?
Do you know your build date? What is the last 6 of the VIN. Is the software the latest revision? Would be interesting if all the "problem children" were built around the same time. I wonder as I have had NONE of these issues.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I think auto hold might also use the parking brake, so you would want to disable auto hold while this problem is ongoing. Auto hold is the feature that stops your Mach-E from moving again until you press the accelerator once you come to a complete stop.

As others have said, you don’t need the parking brake, and I typically don’t use it (unless the car automatically activates it when I shift into park?).

But if you are going to drive it around before getting this issue fixed, I think you should test it out to make sure, i.e. find some slope without traffic, try putting it in park, don’t get out, release the brake pedal to make certain you are OK without the parking brake.

On my 2006 Mustang, the parking brake is a manual lever, it cannot engage unless I pull the lever. But I never use it except on the gnarliest of slopes, no issue just relying on the parking pawl for that car and I would suspect same thing here, as others have said. But definitely test it in case the P gear and the faulty parking brake are having some odd interaction.

OP
OP
americanflannel

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Country flag
I think auto hold might also use the parking brake, so you would want to disable auto hold while this problem is ongoing. Auto hold is the feature that stops your Mach-E from moving again until you press the accelerator once you come to a complete stop.

As others have said, you don’t need the parking brake, and I typically don’t use it (unless the car automatically activates it when I shift into park?).

But if you are going to drive it around before getting this issue fixed, I think you should test it out to make sure, i.e. find some slope without traffic, try putting it in park, don’t get out, release the brake pedal to make certain you are OK without the parking brake.

On my 2006 Mustang, the parking brake is a manual lever, it cannot engage unless I pull the lever. But I never use it except on the gnarliest of slopes, no issue just relying on the parking pawl for that car and I would suspect same thing here, as others have said. But definitely test it in case the P gear and the faulty parking brake are having some odd interaction.
Auto hold wouldn’t even turn on. (Obviously)

its in the shop now. I have asked them to look at the charging logs too. I can’t get the 24amp 240v charger I bought to work. Could be the car (see40+ page thread here) or the charger (asked for a replacement). The circuit appears good.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Auto hold wouldn’t even turn on. (Obviously)

its in the shop now. I have asked them to look at the charging logs too. I can’t get the 24amp 240v charger I bought to work. Could be the car (see40+ page thread here) or the charger (asked for a replacement). The circuit appears good.
people are on it now brother hang in there.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Do you know your build date? What is the last 6 of the VIN. Is the software the latest revision? Would be interesting if all the "problem children" were built around the same time. I wonder as I have had NONE of these issues.
I'm having a number of what I am sure are software-related issues and my VIN is A02086, and if I'm not wrong that should mean I'm the 2,086th unit built. I am positive the earlier in the line you are the older your software and the more problems you'll have. Unfortunately taking it to a dealer doesn't default in "flash every module with the latest SW first"

OP
OP
americanflannel

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Country flag
I do not I have a split volt since I don’t have 50a I only have 30a.

OP
OP
americanflannel

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Country flag
I do not I have a split volt since I don’t have 50a I only have 30a.
Just to wallow in more misery, my replacement charger that I waited extra days for because of the 14-30 plug shipped with a 6-50 plug.
FML.

Now it's battery zapping cold outside and I am going to have to go use the DC fast charger AGAIN for the third time in the first week I've owned this car because I can't properly charge at home.

EVs are never going to take off if these companies don't get their crap together (talking about the charger companies - the first sending what I suspect is a bad charger (I HOPE! otherwise it's the car) and the second delaying the order because of the plug then shipping the wrong plug!
Sponsored