Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My car has spent 4 weeks at the dealer in the first 12 months I have owned it, getting recalls and software fixes. Prior to the Mach E I had purchased 4 brand new GM cars. Did they have recalls, yes a couple each in 5-10 years of ownership. Only one of them spent the night at the dealer to get fixed, and that was my Bolt that got a battery swap. That only took 3 days and the car is 5 years old.

Ford quality is not very good, but I do really like the car when it works. I still have one more recall and still see software glitches, and no I do not use PAAK, so no complaints about that.
Sponsored

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
LOL
72 Ranchero is your fastest best handling…….
Really???
Les Rancheros need to come with a side of salsa

MME needs 🦐 and wings in the Frunk

I might need to look for a Ranchero to restore my uncle had one and it was a giant piece of crap but it was fun

Jes sayin

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
LOL
72 Ranchero is your fastest best handling…….
Really???
Les Rancheros need to come with a side of salsa

MME needs 🦐 and wings in the Frunk

I might need to look for a Ranchero to restore my uncle had one and it was a giant piece of crap but it was fun

Jes sayin
The 72 Ranchero was purchased new/used from a dealer in Nevada, the US air force had used it as a U2 chase car used by pilots to help with landings since the pilot in the plane had very little forward visibility and another pilot in the chase car would call out altitude above the runway during landings. I bought the Ranchero in 76' after having spent a year as a lawn ornament on the dealer lot after it was replaced with a Chevelle 454. The Ranchero was equipped with a 429scj four speed and 3.08 9" rear. 15x8 Ansen wheels with Police spec Goodyear tires andLowered suspension with Koni shocks. Bought it as a "New" vehicle since it was never titled in Nevada. Drove her back to NY after trading in my Mustang II.
One of the few cars I wish I still owned,
Tony

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've had plenty of serious problems, love the car still. I mean, what car in the first year can strand a driver, and be in the shop for over a month, but the driver still loves it?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I get the fact that as on any car forum, people who are frustrated are more likely to post complaints and problems. This is either to vent or actually seek help or resolution. I don't understand why there is such a lack of people who are actually singing the praises of their new vehicle. We have been the owners of our Platinum ER x4 for 14 months now. We have not had one single problem related to it being a newly designed EV. The only issue we have had (and still do) is a rattle in left rear door and that is just because I have not had the time to take it in to be corrected. Are we merely lucky, or is the majority of the Mach E's produced similar to ours. I have owned at least thirty brand new vehicles in my lifetime and the Mach E has been the best of any of them. Are we in the majority or the minority here I wonder???
Your rattle might be a loose striker latch. Check the torx bolts and make sure they are tight.

Many vehicle forums have sections for engine diagnostics, suspension and tire mods, other modifications, electrical troubleshooting, sound systems etc.

All we get with the MME is tires and software which is pretty boring actually. We can't really modify anything mechanical since it is pretty good already and there is no aftermarket or hobbyist support for anything. The only thing we can really mess with is the software and nobody really knows how to actually fix anything except to just keep installing anything they can from FDRS and hope it does something useful.

There are a couple of posts where people found some cool things to customize with Forscan. Pretty limited though.

So, not much really to talk about on this car. It is a great car mechanically, 3rd most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned. It will need another 110k trouble free miles to claim the top spot. The software let's the car down IMO, but maybe that can improve someday. Goals.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I get the fact that as on any car forum, people who are frustrated are more likely to post complaints and problems. This is either to vent or actually seek help or resolution. I don't understand why there is such a lack of people who are actually singing the praises of their new vehicle. We have been the owners of our Platinum ER x4 for 14 months now. We have not had one single problem related to it being a newly designed EV. The only issue we have had (and still do) is a rattle in left rear door and that is just because I have not had the time to take it in to be corrected. Are we merely lucky, or is the majority of the Mach E's produced similar to ours. I have owned at least thirty brand new vehicles in my lifetime and the Mach E has been the best of any of them. Are we in the majority or the minority here I wonder???
Besides that forums are made for people to vent, you aren't a typical Mach-E owner. Why do I say that? Because you have a Job 1 2021 that's been recalled for windshield R&R and roof reseal, plus been offered courtesy software updates (late Fall) that you apparently haven't taken advantage of and don't want?

You really should get the glass recalls done, they are safety items.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
Even though my MME isn't scheduled to be produced until 8/15 of this year, I appreciate the "complaints" that are written on this forum.

I view them as a wakeup call for both purchasers and makers of said product and I learn from them as well.

As one of the other posters stated, it is human nature for us to complain and I do find it ironic that you seem to be complaining about people complaining. Many times, (without knowing it) we often complain about things and we only hear others complain on things we like.

The one phrase that often makes me chuckle is, "I hate people that hate people".

I hear your "spirit of optimism" towards a car that you like but if no one complained about problems, very few problems would be addressed. Squeaky wheel gets the grease type thing.

I am hoping though, that I am not one of the complainers on this forum. That would simply mean that my MME has not given me any problems. It already has been vetted if you will.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
The glass recalls are what bother me most about this car. I knew about the software quirks but I expected better build quality coming from Ford!

fmtexmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Other than rebooting the Synch system twice, mine has been trouble free. I did have a recent failed OTA update, but that hasn't impacted the function of the vehicle, so I don't really count that as a "problem".

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
The glass recalls are what bother me most about this car. I knew about the software quirks but I expected better build quality coming from Ford!
It's for possible silicone adhesive issues, chief. Fixing it is for the safety for you and the drivers around you in an accident. It's not like the windshield was in fact made of rock candy.

My dealer gave me a loaner for the time they had the vehicle for the recall. I have no clue if mine was a problem car or not and don't care.

romanservices

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GTPE, FJ Cruiser, F150 EcoBoost, F-53
Country flag
go have a look at RV forums where people are spending 300+ K and complaining about the crappy build quality and lack of warranty approvals and qualified service centers. not to mention griping about fuel costs.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's for possible silicone adhesive issues, chief. Fixing it is for the safety for you and the drivers around you in an accident. It's not like the windshield was in fact made of rock candy.

My dealer gave me a loaner for the time they had the vehicle for the recall. I have no clue if mine was a problem car or not and don't care.
His point, which is a valid one, is that Ford should know by now how to properly adhere a windshield (and a roof). Finding out that you did a poor job of it in the factory, by a third party technician reporting it when doing a cracked windshield replacement, is not good.

When you read through the very detailed instructions for the glass company, and see the amount of prep they had to do (including removing paint from surfaces), you realize how poorly the initial job was done.

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
One of of the biggest issues is expectations. Before the MME was out in the wild, Ford kept hyping quality. They were bashing the competition and stating how MME would not suffer any of these issues. Biggest egg on face was this article about they won't have any roof issues, then months later had a huge roof recall 😂.

https://electrek.co/2020/12/28/ford-throws-shade-tesla-quality-electric-vehicles-compromise/

Ford set the expectations high, and have failed to deliver on those expectations. Roof recalls, HV battery recalls, visiting dealer for non-functional OTAs, Paak issues, axle clunking, screen going black, IPC buzz, brake pad issues.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
go have a look at RV forums where people are spending 300+ K and complaining about the crappy build quality and lack of warranty approvals and qualified service centers. not to mention griping about fuel costs.
That industry, and the boating industry, have always had much worse quality than the auto industry.

When we bought our boat, there were issues. One was the bilge was full of TRASH, i.e. cut pieces of wire tires, plastic wrapper, etc. The head of the service department said "in this industry, the more you pay the worse it is. I've seen 300,000 boats that never should have left the plant".

We also had a piece of the rub rail that instead of it being parallel to the ground was at a 45 degree angle. Gas tank was installed backwards (luckily external tank) so the float was closer to the cockpit than the stern. Floor the boat with a few gallons left, and the engine runs dry...

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Your rattle might be a loose striker latch. Check the torx bolts and make sure they are tight.

Many vehicle forums have sections for engine diagnostics, suspension and tire mods, other modifications, electrical troubleshooting, sound systems etc.

All we get with the MME is tires and software which is pretty boring actually. We can't really modify anything mechanical since it is pretty good already and there is no aftermarket or hobbyist support for anything. The only thing we can really mess with is the software and nobody really knows how to actually fix anything except to just keep installing anything they can from FDRS and hope it does something useful.

There are a couple of posts where people found some cool things to customize with Forscan. Pretty limited though.

So, not much really to talk about on this car. It is a great car mechanically, 3rd most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned. It will need another 110k trouble free miles to claim the top spot. The software let's the car down IMO, but maybe that can improve someday. Goals.
This was actually the point I was going to make.

If you want to see who is happy with their car, read about the modifications people have done. It is true there is less to modify on this car, but people are adding various vinyl wraps, new wheels, subwoofers, trailer hitches, etc. Trip reports are another way people share their appreciation for the car. There are a lot of threads that are not complaints in the forum.

It isn't interesting or helpful to forum members to post "I love my car". One reason we are here is to learn about the car, and what people are doing to their car.
Sponsored