Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
It's our duty to represent an emerging technology/market to nay-sayers and hold-outs in the best way possible. Showing off a cleaner car than theirs' is a low-cost way to do that.

_____ Agreed.
_____ Disagree.

....or, it just makes one feel good.
Sponsored

121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
I’m 51, and have never done more than run my car through a car wash every couple months wether it needed it or not. Well, today I finished working, got home, cut the lawn, and went at the Smurfmobile with Chemical Guys S102, a foam cannon, 2 buckets, and RainEx. It looks better than any car I’ve ever had, but now I want to clay bar and ceramic it. I’ll say it again… I Hate You Guys.
My grandpa always told my dad "Raise your son to be a car guy. He won't have money for anything else."
He was spot on, just forgot "or time" for anything else.

I’m going to try just washing it for another week or two… work has been crazy, like 76 hours this week crazy. Memorial day weekend should get me more time to dedicate to the car while I’m smoking a brisket for a small get together.
Sounds like a perfect time to try out the water drain in the frunk!

I'm making a smoked turkey next month as I've got a bunch of friends coming in from out of state. I had posted a bunch of pictures of the smoked turkey, (recipe by AllThingsBBQ) I made for thanksgiving. It was an absolute hit so much so they requested it for the summer party.

The rough part is the 24 hr brine wait, that's 24 hours of knowing there's a delicious turkey that I can't yet cook..

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
My grandpa always told my dad "Raise your son to be a car guy. He won't have money for anything else."

I'm making a smoked turkey next month as I've got a bunch of friends coming in from out of state. I had posted a bunch of pictures of the smoked turkey, (recipe by AllThingsBBQ) I made for thanksgiving. It was an absolute hit so much so they requested it for the summer party.

The rough part is the 24 hr brine wait, that's 24 hours of knowing there's a delicious turkey that I can't yet cook..
24 hour brine? When I make pastrami, I brine the brisket for 5 days, then desalinate it in clean water for 24 hours, then apply a dry rub 24 hours before throwing it in the smoker. It’s seriously a week long process. ??

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Not sure I'd use the Frunk to brine a turkey ;)

121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
Not sure I'd use the Frunk to brine a turkey ;)
WAIT A MINUTE. You're telling me this now?! Alright give me a min, I need to get the turkey out of the frunk. Lord almighty.
Sponsored