Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
Thanks for the great photos in the original post. This is the exact configuration I am awaiting. My production date was 01-08-2021 so hopefully it will ship soon.
Sponsored

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
You're right. The great think about the Mach E is you can use PAAK and forget about the fob.
Now you can use your phone to butt-panic your car!
Our phone as a key on our FIRST isn't as convenient or quick as a FOB. I have to open phone, open FPass app and long press the Unlock. With the fob, we just walk up, truck senses fob and grab the door handle with sensor in it, and it unlocks and opens. POK is 3-400% longer.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Our phone as a key on our FIRST isn't as convenient or quick as a FOB. I have to open phone, open FPass app and long press the Unlock. With the fob, we just walk up, truck senses fob and grab the door handle with sensor in it, and it unlocks and opens. POK is 3-400% longer.
Pushing a button in the app to unlock the car Isn’t Phone as a key. That’s just using the app. Phone as a key allows you to leave your phone in your pocket the same way you would with a fob.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's what I'm concerned about -- how dependable the PAAK connection will be. I presume it will have enough range to "kick in" by the time I walk up to the vehicle to press the door button or foot-activate the liftgate. It's the dependability I'm wondering about (i.e. will it be one of those 1-in-5 times failure things?). Cell phones tend to get flaky at times, bogging down or locking up. And of course sometimes your battery simply runs out of juice.

Fobs are easy and dependable. And the battery lasts 4-5 years.

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E - FE Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
Hopefully and hopefully fast. I'm not really willing to carry the fob around, I would expect if they launched PAAK it would work 100.0%. I guess the PIN is a fallback. What phone/phone OS do you have, if you don't mind me asking?
iPhone 11, latest OS

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
It just updated. $10,000 ADM now...

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-01-22T19-52-10.604Z.png
For what it's worth, the dealer sold the extra Mach E one day after this post. Not sure on the price of course. Demonstrates the demand in Nor Cal.

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
After a day of driving update. The car is getting all kinds of attention on the road. I had a new Tesla Y owner gawking as I drove down the 101. I also got lots of verbal compliments in parking lots in Napa. The car generates some positive attention, and generally people love the look. Impressive since I saw two Lamborghini's driving around yesterday in Napa (the bar was high).

The car itself drives amazingly smooth. When you are at 80-90+ you barely feel the speed. The punch and steering are exceptional. The suspension is definitely on the smooth side, tuned more for comfort than for the track.

Adaptive cruise control is excellent as well. managed a safe distance and wasn't jerky or overly cautious.

The one touch pedal driving is awesome. I can't imagine driving any other way. You rarely use the break pedal and its perfect for California stops. :) Do NOT disable this function, it just takes time to get used to it. You will be happy when you replace your first brake pads in 10+ years...

Range for brisk driving is about 220-225 miles and I definitely ran it through its paces. I have an L2 charger (Chargepoint) in my garage. I added 72 miles in about 2.5 hours. I haven't tested other chargers around me yet.

I am getting more used to the tablet. It's great having the tablet the size that it is, it allows for a lot of information on screen. I use Apple CarPlay and its performed well. No issues with the screen, movement or navigation. All worked flawlessly. Phone charging works great.

The B&O stereo system sounds great. Especially when using the satellite stations. Clear crisp highs. Could use a bit more base, but that's true of any factory system.

The car is extremely quiet, no rattles at all, and allows you to just hear the road, your music or your family/friends. It's amazing how quickly you get used the to quiet, with limited engine/road noise.

Trying the wifi hotspot today. We will see how that works and report back.

One more fun day of driving in the books...

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For what it's worth, the dealer sold the extra Mach E one day after this post. Not sure on the price of course. Demonstrates the demand in Nor Cal.
Yep. And timing. Peak value this month as the first few become available while everyone else is waiting. Like the lines day 1 for the newest iPhone at full price.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
After a day of driving update. The car is getting all kinds of attention on the road. I had a new Tesla Y owner gawking as I drove down the 101. I also got lots of verbal compliments in parking lots in Napa. The car generates some positive attention, and generally people love the look. Impressive since I saw two Lamborghini's driving around yesterday in Napa (the bar was high).

The car itself drives amazingly smooth. When you are at 80-90+ you barely feel the speed. The punch and steering are exceptional. The suspension is definitely on the smooth side, tuned more for comfort than for the track.

Adaptive cruise control is excellent as well. managed a safe distance and wasn't jerky or overly cautious.

The one touch pedal driving is awesome. I can't imagine driving any other way. You rarely use the break pedal and its perfect for California stops. :) Do NOT disable this function, it just takes time to get used to it. You will be happy when you replace your first brake pads in 10+ years...

Range for brisk driving is about 220-225 miles and I definitely ran it through its paces. I have an L2 charger (Chargepoint) in my garage. I added 72 miles in about 2.5 hours. I haven't tested other chargers around me yet.

I am getting more used to the tablet. It's great having the tablet the size that it is, it allows for a lot of information on screen. I use Apple CarPlay and its performed well. No issues with the screen, movement or navigation. All worked flawlessly. Phone charging works great.

The B&O stereo system sounds great. Especially when using the satellite stations. Clear crisp highs. Could use a bit more base, but that's true of any factory system.

The car is extremely quiet, no rattles at all, and allows you to just hear the road, your music or your family/friends. It's amazing how quickly you get used the to quiet, with limited engine/road noise.

Close to Napa, eh? I got really excited for a minute because there is definitely a Loren that is part of a fantastic winemaking family out there.

Reactions: UW2

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Glad it see this thread made it back from all that off topic BS. Just to clarify. Are you saying that the MME doesn’t unlock every time you walk up with the phone in my pocket? Or is it just a car alarm that the app can’t turn off?

OP
OP
CaGuy

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
Sad
Glad it see this thread made it back from all that off topic BS. Just to clarify. Are you saying that the MME doesn’t unlock every time you walk up with the phone in my pocket? Or is it just a car alarm that the app can’t turn off?
Sadly both. The car doesn't always recognize the phone as a key. Any function that would otherwise be available for a FOB, is not available.

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag

That is awesome! Glad you are enjoying your hot rod!

Reactions: ARK

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
iPhone 11, latest OS
Given how bad FordPass was on Android the last time I used it, I probably shouldn't hold out hope that I'll have a better PAAK experience on Android either, should I? :(

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Don't say that, you're just asking for someone to come in and post off topic stuff..

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Try it using a known quality source (like audio from your phone). Satellite stations can be quite lossy (if it is truly a satellite station you're listening to as the latest version of SXM (360L) will prioritize streaming over satellite if it can).
Sponsored