Iced Blue Silver Metallic thoughts

wombats3

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Mach E Premium EX AWD (Dark Matter Gray)
Country flag
I've had a Premium ER on order for a couple of months - Iconic Silver. I was really hoping that color would be back for the 2022's but now that it's essentially been replaced with Iced Blue Silver Metallic, I don't know what to go with.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this new color? Some pictures make it look very silver, so I start leaning towards going with it. But then others, I can see more light blue. The last thing I want is to wait 8 months for my car and then pick it up and find out it looks like my grandfather's Buick from 1985.

This is a new color to Ford, right? I don't believe it's been around so there's no way to see it in person yet. Let me know if I"m wrong though.

Would love to hear anyone else's thoughts on this!
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I've had a Premium ER on order for a couple of months - Iconic Silver. I was really hoping that color would be back for the 2022's but now that it's essentially been replaced with Iced Blue Silver Metallic, I don't know what to go with.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this new color? Some pictures make it look very silver, so I start leaning towards going with it. But then others, I can see more light blue. The last thing I want is to wait 8 months for my car and then pick it up and find out it looks like my grandfather's Buick from 1985.

This is a new color to Ford, right? I don't believe it's been around so there's no way to see it in person yet. Let me know if I"m wrong though.

Would love to hear anyone else's thoughts on this!
Looks like the silver F150 Lightning they have been showing off is that color. It just looks silver to me. The renderings give it a bit more of a blue hue to it, but the actual pictures just look silver.

https://www.lightningowners.com/threads/iced-blue-silver-2022-ford-f-150-lightning-pictures.47/

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
My personal thoughts on it are

johnny-english-agent.gif

I think they could have done better. It's just another shade of grey to me, but if that's your thing, its a decently interesting color. Not quite silver, not quite blue, but it reminds me of a 90s Taurus

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I had a 1989 4Runner that was a light metallic blue. It was much more blue than this Iced Blue Silver Metallic. They should have just called this color Silver With a Hint of Weak Sauce Blue.

I already didnā€™t like the color I chose for my ā€˜21 GT-PE because itā€™s too light. Iā€™m still left wanting for a real sapphire blue metallic.

OP
OP

wombats3

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Mach E Premium EX AWD (Dark Matter Gray)
Country flag
Looks like the silver F150 Lightning they have been showing off is that color. It just looks silver to me. The renderings give it a bit more of a blue hue to it, but the actual pictures just look silver.

Right, but still we can only see it in photos at this point. If it actually looks silver, I'd be happy.

https://www.lightningowners.com/threads/iced-blue-silver-2022-ford-f-150-lightning-pictures.47/
My personal thoughts on it are

johnny-english-agent.gif

I think they could have done better. It's just another shade of grey to me, but if that's your thing, its a decently interesting color. Not quite silver, not quite blue, but it reminds me of a 90s Taurus
The 90's Taurus is exactly what I'm afraid of.

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I expect it will have a noticeable blue tint in sunlight, which is enough for me, since I wanted some kind of non-Grabber Blue. I think I'll go for the Iced Blue Silver Metallic for my planned 2022 GT order, and save myself $499 by not going with Rapid Red as I'd been expecting. (I didn't want white, black, grey or ordinary silver.)

CharleyCarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE In Production
Country flag
I expect it will have a noticeable blue tint in sunlight, which is enough for me, since I wanted some kind of non-Grabber Blue. I think I'll go for the Iced Blue Silver Metallic for my planned 2022 GT order, and save myself $499 by not going with Rapid Red as I'd been expecting. (I didn't want white, black, grey or ordinary silver.)

I think it will look good on the mach-e, due to contours and shape, more than the lightning.

Also looked cool on robocop -
Robocop-movie-Peter-Weller-Cyborg-e1562739810732.jpg

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
The most interesting thing in that link is that @ChasingCoral is a moderator on the F-150 Lightning forum.
Well no wonder he doesn't show up here very often anymore. I thought he was just enjoying Marlin

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
It appears they took the infinite blue and silver they've removed and merged them... I'm happy to have my IB!

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I used to have a Silver Blue 82 Corvette which was a nice color! It leaned towards blue during the day and more towards silver at night.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I was hoping for Infinite Blue but actually like the Iced Blue Silver so plan to order one.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
I was very disappointed in it for the F150 Lightning. I started off very excited when I saw the computer graphics showing a metallic baby blue - Yes I want that! But then the actual pictures came out and it is a plain boring silver - perfect to blend in with every other car/truck on the road. Settled for Rapid red for my Lightning but not very happy with that color either. Atlas blue is a a great color, but makes the Lightning bases disappear (they have blue accents). Hoping more colors will be made available in 2023 since I am likely waiting that long anyways.
Sponsored