Dear1nc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
You're welcome, I was hoping I might be able to help, even with my limited knowledge on these EVs.
The seats aren't Lincoln Aviator or Continental BL comfortable, but I'd put them on par with the Explorer Platinum that I used to have....in comfort, that is. The seats aren't as soft as the Explorer's, but I feel confident that I'd have no problem logging miles in them. I can't compare them to the Premium as I don't think I've ever been in one.

I went with Joe Cooper in Yukon. My salesman is Taylor Acuff and Kristin Cutter did my paperwork.

There's a big Mustang show this weekend in Mustang, where the Community center is located. I'll have my Mustangs there. If you'd like to sit in my Mach-E, you're more than welcome.
Have you done any hard driving? I'm wondering if your feeling on the 1/4 more fiasco is similar to the red gtpe that is all over the internet? Is it really having a hard time getting to 100? Or is his car messed up? My explorer ST goes 80 to 100 fast!

Thanks for all the input man! And yeah we still want those aero covers off! Lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird TC, '19 Shelby F-150
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
BTW, do you know if the dealership allows for X-Plan discounts?
Cooper honored x-plan for me. They also honored the 1.4% interest and $1000 rebate.

OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
I'm just back to check in on whether or not we solved the question about the removal of the aero covers. Bueller? Bueller?
Nothing yet. I've had a week of 12-hour days, and now the car sits for an MCA 3-day car show.

OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
I just sat in the GTPE and I've sat in a Premium though it was like 4 months ago and from my recollection, for me at least, the GTPE seats are just as comfortable. With my GT500 I opted for the regular seats because the Recaros just have too much bolstering and for me would be uncomfortable especially for long trips, but the "sporty" seats in the GTPE (and I assume GT) aren't super heavily bolstered like Recaros. Everyone's body and tolerances are different so you never know until your put your butt in the seat, but for me at least I don't think the GT and GTPE seats are sporty to the point of uncomfortableness.
Ditto. At 6'4" tall and a good 280, the Recaros weren't for me. I haven't been in a GT PE car yet, but the regular GT seats fit my wide frame very well.

OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
Have you done any hard driving? I'm wondering if your feeling on the 1/4 more fiasco is similar to the red gtpe that is all over the internet? Is it really having a hard time getting to 100? Or is his car messed up? My explorer ST goes 80 to 100 fast!

Thanks for all the input man! And yeah we still want those aero covers off! Lol
I punched it a few times on the way to work and still think it pulls hard. I can't wait to get the time to take it to the track.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Just some new pix after tint and ceramic coating since I STILL don't have my Dragy...

20210828_185057.jpg
@Tommy303, this is what your MME would like like if you painted or "vinyled" the silver parts to a very dark gun metal gray. I think it looks really good, and maybe then you don't need to reduce highway range by removing the plastic inserts.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Iconic Silver Mach-E GT delivery! MME GT Dark Gun Metal Wheels

OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
@Tommy303, this is what your MME would like like if you painted or "vinyled" the silver parts to a very dark gun metal gray. I think it looks really good, and maybe then you don't need to reduce highway range by removing the plastic inserts.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Iconic Silver Mach-E GT delivery! MME GT Dark Gun Metal Wheels
It does look good! I still want to remove the covers, however. Looks for one, but I also want to see that effects they have on the car's mileage. From what I understand there aren't any center caps for the wheel with the covers removed. Do you know if that's true?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
It does look good! I still want to remove the covers, however. Looks for one, but I also want to see that effects they have on the car's mileage. From what I understand there aren't any center caps for the wheel with the covers removed. Do you know if that's true?
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that question. I think I saw somewhere else in this forum that center caps from another Ford model may fit, but my memory could be wrong.

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
Cooper honored x-plan for me. They also honored the 1.4% interest and $1000 rebate.
Hi Tommy, was it easy to get them to honor the 1.4% interest and the $1000? Or did they push hard saying those were not available?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
Hi Tommy, was it easy to get them to honor the 1.4% interest and the $1000? Or did they push hard saying those were not available?
Easy as can be. I had it all arranged prior to the chip shortage and delivery delays though.

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
Easy as can be. I had it all arranged prior to the chip shortage and delivery delays though.
That's good to know. I'm wondering if I should tell my sales rep that is the route I want to go. Can you provide the first name of the finance person you worked with at the dealership? I'll ask my rep if I can use that person for my processing. I have not told my rep I'm planning to use X-Plan until I fully understand it. How did you get all that arranged so early in the buying process?

My rep also confirmed I would pay MSRP plus $485 for doc fees. I'll have my X-Plan discount available December 1st. I saw somewhere on this forum that X-Plan limits the doc fees to a certain amount but don't remember the amount. What did they charge for your doc fee?

I'd PM all this to you but I figured I'm not the only curious mind on this forum wanting to know what to expect when delivery day arrives.

I've got a Grabber Blue GT with pano roof, co-pilot package, with interior protection and build date of 11/22/2021. Yesterday, my rep said it might be here before January so it will be cutting it close... I want to prepare now to avoid missing the Dec 31st deadline.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
That's good to know. I'm wondering if I should tell my sales rep that is the route I want to go. Can you provide the first name of the finance person you worked with at the dealership? I'll ask my rep if I can use that person for my processing. I have not told my rep I'm planning to use X-Plan until I fully understand it. How did you get all that arranged so early in the buying process?

My rep also confirmed I would pay MSRP plus $485 for doc fees. I'll have my X-Plan discount available December 1st. I saw somewhere on this forum that X-Plan limits the doc fees to a certain amount but don't remember the amount. What did they charge for your doc fee?

I'd PM all this to you but I figured I'm not the only curious mind on this forum wanting to know what to expect when delivery day arrives.

I've got a Grabber Blue GT with pano roof, co-pilot package, with interior protection and build date of 11/22/2021. Yesterday, my rep said it might be here before January so it will be cutting it close... I want to prepare now to avoid missing the Dec 31st deadline.
Here's how the numbers worked for me with X-Plan and Options (1.4, 1000 incentive). Fees capped to 100 bucks which is awesome. 20k down puts payments at 621 for 36 months with 12k miles/year. I decided to do 15k miles/year and that makes it 658.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Iconic Silver Mach-E GT delivery! 1633443156499

OP
OP
Tommy303

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag

Hi Bradley. Congrats on your soon-to-be new GT! Are you in the Oklahoma Mustang Club? I'm spoken to quite a few members about the Mach-E lately.

I'll PM you the names of people I worked with at the dealership. They might not want that info out in the open. About 6 months after I reserved my car I met a few of the sales people at the dealership. One of them took the reigns and wanted to know everything about my order. In speaking with him I was able to solidify the deal. I made sure to confirm it after finalizing the order back in April.

You're correct about X-plan limiting doc fees. They are capped at $100, (maybe $110, but certainly no more than that).
Sponsored