SimS

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Prius, F150
Country flag
I'm on day 2 of the dealership installing the correct software to manage the Ford Options program. Received a call at noon letting me know that they're ready to process Ford Options contracts. Actually they became aware of the necessary software at noon yesterday and had it installed by noon today.

So make sure your dealer is prepared if you want to go Ford Options.

SimS
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yep, me too - even though I gave them a heads up.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
I'm about 4 weeks from delivery so I started the process this week lol. So far they aren't getting it right. 4 weeks to go!

monkete

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge SEL, 2018 Nissan TItan 4x4
Country flag
Did Ford Options end up being cheaper than straight financing?

monkete

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge SEL, 2018 Nissan TItan 4x4
Country flag
If you have $2500 incentive, absolutely. But this assumes you pay off the balloon in full.
How do you get the $2500 incentive. Pardon my ignorace... Most of mi life i've paid cash for my cars.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
How do you get the $2500 incentive. Pardon my ignorace... Most of mi life i've paid cash for my cars.
You are eligible for that 2500 incentive if you finance using ford options. If you want to pay cash - it may still be worth it to use options to finance. Cost of financing in general is closer to th 2500 incentive so its a wash. You can use the calculator on ford website to look at different alternatives

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You are eligible for that 2500 incentive if you finance using ford options. If you want to pay cash - it may still be worth it to use options to finance. Cost of financing in general is closer to th 2500 incentive so its a wash. You can use the calculator on ford website to look at different alternatives
Or just do Ford Options and pay it off when the first payment is due. You would still get the $2500 off.

OP
OP

SimS

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Prius, F150
Country flag
The incentive is based on Zip Code for some reason. $1000 or $2500. Mine was $1000 but the dealership's county sales was 1.5% lower than my residence tax percentage so I'm not complaining.

SimS

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The incentive is based on Zip Code for some reason. $1000 or $2500. Mine was $1000 but the dealership's county sales was 1.5% lower than my residence tax percentage so I'm not complaining.

SimS
Yup it's based on zip code and if you are in the 1K zone then finance most likely will be lower if your planning to put more than 30% down upfront etc.

There are a few threads on this or maybe back a bunch of pages that will give you the exact amounts.

Congrats on the purchase!

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag

SimS

Interesting. In California, the sales tax is based on where your residence is, not where the dealer is.

OP
OP

SimS

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Prius, F150
Country flag
In Georgia, the county gets their share at registration time. Each county administers the license tag issuance and renewal.

SimS

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
I'm trying to work to finish our Mach E purchase and my dealer is really struggling with Options. Challenges all around. Frustrating process. UGH.

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Country flag
Or just do Ford Options and pay it off when the first payment is due. You would still get the $2500 off.
I was thinking the same. According to the dealer I met with yesterday, paying off early wouldn't be worthwhile. He claimed that with a balloon loan the interest is baked into the final payment and unlike traditional financing, interest isn't calculated on the principal balance. You avoid making a monthly payment but you wouldn't save interest.

I don't know if he's correct or not. He also didn't know many specifics about Ford Options specifically.
Sponsored