Installed Thinkware U1000 dash cam (Update, Problem Found )

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Installed Thinkware U1000 dash cam with radar parking w/ rear cam w/ OBD Connector. Installation went well. I was able to mount forward camera next to mirror mount on right side, pretty well hidden. Small hole in mirror cover kept wires concealed.
All wiring routed through drivers side roof and A pillar. Was able to use a small wire fish with door weather stripping pulled slightly down. Rear view mirror cover,left side dash side cover and rear glass trim came off easily and reinstalled.
WHOA!!!! There is a slight hitch in the Giddy up !!!!
I just found out the none of the Thinkware OBD connectors #1 and #2 will work with the radar parking . They are telling me that OBD connection is for Non-electric and Hybrids cars. That statement is including Dash cams. I Emailed them the Ford accessories information showing OBD connection for their dash cam . They said : will get back to me !! We will see. I have removed the radar parking connection and all seems to be working fine with the dash cam. I Found a additional OBD connector From IRoad. In talking with BLACKBOXMYCAR, they insist that's this works with radar parking. I have it on order, will get back.
https://www.blackboxmycar.com/products/iroad-power-obd-ii?variant=12815958376503

20210526_201215.jpg

20210526_201102.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
jsteach

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Further update: There are no Electric car OBD cables that I can find that will work. It will need to be hard wire for constant power for U1000 radar parking to work.

OP
OP
jsteach

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

frstsgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EMU - Premium Rapid Red, RWD, ER and 2013 VW EOS
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have a Thinkware U1000 with radar module. In the parking mode on the Iroad I get intermittent power . It has power in the standard mode. I tried 2 cables from Iroad.
Any resolution on your issue with power?

OP
OP
jsteach

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thinkware parking radar needs constant power. No obd connector I tried could do that.
If you only need power driving the iroad obd worked fine.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Further update: There are no Electric car OBD cables that I can find that will work. It will need to be hard wire for constant power for U1000 radar parking to work.
I used an Aukey OBD wire with motion sensor once in the Mach E for my dashcam and I *think* it worked. Do you think using something like that could be bad for the 12V?
Sponsored