benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Park assist is definitely something you have to get used to. I've had it on my last few cars. On the older Fords you still had to control the accelerator and brakes and gear selection. It just steered into the spot.

Its funny people are mentioning its going fast. The older versions, if you went too fast it lost accuracy and would end up hitting the curb and scraping the wheels. If you went slow it was almost perfect every time.
Sponsored

al14

First Name
Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended range
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
I was hoping to park the car in the garage by backing it up as that puts the charger next to the port. Looks like it won’t work unless it sees a car already parked next and the wall ( two objects) .. will have to try when I get the car but scared to not damage the garage of the walls or the car.
me too

al14

First Name
Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended range
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
I want a Garage Park Assist option. I line up the car rear end first and then let the car back it into the garage making sure to line it up as to not touch the side mirrors. With my charger location, backing in is best but would LOVE it if the car took over. Come on, Ford, make it happen!
me too

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Now that I’ve had my charger installed, a “back in to the garage” park assist is too late for me. It would have been great because my panel is on that side and in a perfect spot for an EVSE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I want a Garage Park Assist option. I line up the car rear end first and then let the car back it into the garage making sure to line it up as to not touch the side mirrors. With my charger location, backing in is best but would LOVE it if the car took over. Come on, Ford, make it happen!
this is a very good idea.

it isn't the same as normal parking because there's no lines to judge off of, and the tolerances are probably tighter... so it might be a harder problem than it first seems?

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Yes. With the 360 camera i can park faster than the car can do it.

By the time I navigate the screen and select the side and type of parking, I could.have done it myself.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
It works fine for me. I use it because I find it fun to use, though I find I can parallel park faster than it can.

The biggest trick with it is when you find a spot you slowly drive too far in front of it and it will then pick it up.

As others have said it needs to be between two cars. It assumes you're capable if there are two spaces in a row open.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
It works fine for me. I use it because I find it fun to use, though I find I can parallel park faster than it can.

The biggest trick with it is when you find a spot you slowly drive too far in front of it and it will then pick it up.

As others have said it needs to be between two cars. It assumes you're capable if there are two spaces in a row open.
since I live in suburbia and rarely end up in a city, parallel parking is not a concern for me, but when it is, I'm abysmal at it (although I suspect the 360 degree camera will give me the confidence I need). So I am glad the car will do it, someday, when I care. ?

Lynellen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
I didn't know you had to have other parked cars there for the assisted parking to work. I used a newly-painted lined lot. Here is the result. On the 2d try, some guy came up fast behind me (probably late for work) figuring I'd park front-first. The Mustang started darting around and I would have hit the other guy if I hadn't slammed on the brakes! I got out of there quick - he looked pretty unhappy with me!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Intelligent Active Park Assist 20220411_163658
Sponsored