First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Since we’re talking about it, what would be the reason NOT to get the interior protection package (really on the MME or any car)?

Do some people just prefer the way the car looks without it or prefer aftermarket vendors?
I haven't had carpeted floor mats on prior cars and they've served their purpose just fine. Yeah, I've worn a hole through the spot where my heel rests, but it's fine with me.

I think the package makes more sense if you are in a wetter climate (I live in a rather dry area). Especially if you have snow/slush you're bringing in to the car as that can get pretty dirty.

If you're on the fence about it, maybe wait until after you buy the car and use your FordPass Rewards points to pay for the accessory? I think we'll be earning about $210 in points for buying a new vehicle, unless Ford's terms don't apply to an all electric purchase.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I haven't had carpeted floor mats on prior cars and they've served their purpose just fine. Yeah, I've worn a hole through the spot where my heel rests, but it's fine with me.

I think the package makes more sense if you are in a wetter climate (I live in a rather dry area). Especially if you have snow/slush you're bringing in to the car as that can get pretty dirty.

If you're on the fence about it, maybe wait until after you buy the car and use your FordPass Rewards points to pay for the accessory? I think we'll be earning about $210 in points for buying a new vehicle, unless Ford's terms don't apply to an all electric purchase.
I've never purchased a Ford. How does one make sure they'll be taking proper advantage of these Ford Pass credits? Do I need to sign up for something?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I've never purchased a Ford. How does one make sure they'll be taking proper advantage of these Ford Pass credits? Do I need to sign up for something?
Go into your account at the ford.com web site or via the FordPass app. Then look for the section called FordPass Rewards and sign up.

Somehow I get points when I pay for maintenance and service. I am not sure if it's tied to my car's VIN, my phone number, or my email.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Since we’re talking about it, what would be the reason NOT to get the interior protection package (really on the MME or any car)?

Do some people just prefer the way the car looks without it or prefer aftermarket vendors?
Fleet/rental vehicles probably wouldn't opt for it so that is why these are usually an option at additional cost. We used to order our fleet vehicles with A/C as the only option. No power windows no power locks etc. Those days are just about gone though....almost every fleet vehicle has all that as standard equipment nowadays. Kinda sucks because repairing power windows is an unnecessary expense for fleet owners.

Reactions: ARK

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I asked my dealer if he could add the interior protection package since it wasn’t there when I ordered and he didn’t want to touch my order at all since the process is so new. His view was “leave well enough alone and we’ll order it through parts.” I don’t care how it gets ordered as long as I get them. I like the Ford mats - they have a nice, high lip on them that holds all the crud you bring into the car.
I got the same answer. I'd prefer they arrive installed with the MME, but I can live without for a bit. Besides as someone pointed out a while ago, you have to spend your Ford Points on something. ;)

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
I'd rather it say MUSTANG than MACH-E. Ponies are great but I'd like to actually see the word Mustang somewhere.
According to the picture, Mustang is printed on the door jam plate and the mach-e is printed on the all weather mats, so it looks nice having both "stacked" on one another when you look at the floor from the open car door.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I got the same answer. I'd prefer they arrive installed with the MME, but I can live without for a bit. Besides as someone pointed out a while ago, you have to spend your Ford Points on something. ;)
Do we get Ford points for buying the car?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Do we get Ford points for buying the car?
Gas cars get 42,000 points, redeemable as $210. Diesel cars get more than that. Plug only cars aren't specified in the terms, yet, so don't know.

The points are intended to pay for routine maintenance for a while, so... Still unknown.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
According to the picture, Mustang is printed on the door jam plate and the mach-e is printed on the all weather mats, so it looks nice having both "stacked" on one another when you look at the floor from the open car door.
I have a First Edition coming, and it appears they replace "Mustang" with "First Edition" on the sill plate.

Not a big deal, but I just liked the idea of it actually saying "Mustang" on the floor mats like one picture showed. Although that might have simply been a picture of existing Mustang floor mats rather than ones specific to the MME.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
"Mustang Mustang" will be what you see on the Little Ceasars special edition.