iOS 15

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I retract my statement about weather maps. I’m they added much more detail to green spaces. My drive yesterday was mostly through rain and mostly through green spaces.

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
iPhone vs Android. The new iPhone 13 is launching tomorrow with very aggressive deals. I have a Samsung Note 10. The Android auto with FordPass is a disappointment (Phone gets hot and I have to wakeup the phone and make sure FordPass is front and center to get it to work. The FOB is much easier.) I'm wondering if I would be better off with an iPhone and Apple CarPlay.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
iPhone vs Android. The new iPhone 13 is launching tomorrow with very aggressive deals. I have a Samsung Note 10. The Android auto with FordPass is a disappointment (Phone gets hot and I have to wakeup the phone and make sure FordPass is front and center to get it to work. The FOB is much easier.) I'm wondering if I would be better off with an iPhone and Apple CarPlay.
I switched to iPhone this year after being a life long Android user since the very first Android phone was released.

If you are not someone that loves to tinker with their phone and do all types of customization to it then the iPhone, IMO, is so far superior... I went into it just wanting to test iOS, I highly doubt I'll ever switch back.

That said, I don't have any issues with Carplay, my phone getting hot, or having to make sure FordPass is up front. I do have PAAK issues sometimes (I am a 100% PAAK user) but its mostly at times it just won't let me in, but starts the car without issues. Since 3.29, I think, PAAK for me has been pretty solid. I can also say iOS FordPass utilizes WAY less battery than Android.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Made the switch to iPhone over a year ago, and I can't see myself ever "going back" (for my main device anyways).

FordPass and PaaK have been working very well for me on iOS after getting the PaaK update applied to the car. No battery drain or other issues to report.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Updated to 15.0 and my Amazon Music is not connecting but other Carplay apps are working. I deleted and reinstalled Amazon Music but haven't gotten to test whether it's working now.

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
With the impending release of iOS 15 I was wondering if anyone on here has been running the betas? How has it been working with PAAK & wireless CarPlay?

Normally I would be running the betas, but I held off this year because of the car. I’m curious before I move to iPhone 13 and iOS 15.
I have iphone 12 running ios 15. Car play will not connect. Do I need to have the charging cable plugged in. Why wont it connect via Bluetooth?

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I have iphone 12 running ios 15. Car play will not connect. Do I need to have the charging cable plugged in. Why wont it connect via Bluetooth?
I have the 12 pro and Carplay connected but I did have to remove my Amazon Music app and reinstall to get it to work again. Only issue I seen so far. Try going into setting and turning it off and back on again

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
I have the 12 pro and Carplay connected but I did have to remove my Amazon Music app and reinstall to get it to work again. Only issue I seen so far. Try going into setting and turning it off and back on again
Ok, I tried that and no luck. Finally deleted the phone and re installed. Now connecting via Bluetooth. Have not checked Amazon music yet.
Sponsored