Is Ford leasing the Mach E?

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not interested in getting locked into the MME long term due to the speed of technological advancements. All of the competitors leasing rates are far better than the options program with $0 out of pocket. If Ford becomes more competitive with its lease then the MME is back in competition for me.
Even the $60K Polestar 2 has a better lease rate. Or at the very least, it's competitive with the rate for a base model MME. Ford needs to rethink their 'options'.
Sponsored

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not interested in getting locked into the MME long term due to the speed of technological advancements. All of the competitors leasing rates are far better than the options program with $0 out of pocket. If Ford becomes more competitive with its lease then the MME is back in competition for me.
I agree- I'd much rather lease a new EV at this stage of the game. I leased a Chevy Volt three years ago, and now the tech on that car is considered to be terribly outdated. As a result, it's not worth nearly as much as the leasing company speculated (my residual is way above market levels).

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Where is that coming up for you? I just built a MME from the start of the order tab and it never shows that. Only thing on the calculator is the estimated cash price.
It becomes available once your order has reached the dealer and you choose to pay online. This is as "officially ford" as it gets.

The calculator when you buy a car is missing the Ford options calculator, but like I said, that doesn't mean anything. It still exists, don't worry. Probably a bug or a website change.

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Ford Options definitely still exists -- it's still available if I go to "Complete my Purchase" online.
Here's a screenshot:
1616469753861.png
WOW. $676 per month for a $46K MME (with $5,500 down). VW quotes $519 per month for a fully loaded $48K ID4 (with $3,500 down). Polestar quotes $550 per month for a fully loaded $62K PS2 (with $4,500 down).

OP
OP

jlamarca73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia
Occupation
Ct technologist
Country flag
It becomes available once your order has reached the dealer and you choose to pay online. This is as "officially ford" as it gets.

The calculator when you buy a car is missing the Ford options calculator, but like I said, that doesn't mean anything. It still exists, don't worry. Probably a bug or a website change.
It is gone at the stage I have access to. I like that now the website has inventory listed I can speculate on the lease price.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
WOW. $676 per month for a $46K MME (with $5,500 down). VW quotes $519 per month for a fully loaded $48K ID4 (with $3,500 down). Polestar quotes $550 per month for a fully loaded $62K PS2 (with $4,500 down).
No. Those are the default prices on an options buy and on a $55,800 MSRP Mach-E. That's with 2.25% APR which is meaningless because there's also a $2500 credit. And it's 36 months.

And this is with a $5500 down payment and no trade in, and an unfinanced balloon payment.

In other words, ignore the numbers on that screen... I was just showing that the Ford options is there when you go to actually purchase.

Last edited:

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
It is gone at the stage I have access to. I like that now the website has inventory listed I can speculate on the lease price.
Right. It used to appear much earlier. It looks like now, according to sockmeister, it appears once you get further along in the process.

The finance guys at the dealers were probably complaining about it.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Yep, I had access to that calculator when building and pricing a car. That's what I meant. It's missing now for whatever reason from that calculator but the plan very much exists still.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Is there an option to actually pay online? Like with a credit card?
It seems like that might be the case if you're paying cash, yes, but if you're financing, you can fill out all the info and have it all calculated there and shown, but then you have to go to the dealer to complete the sale at "Checkout":

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is Ford leasing the Mach E? 1616506399295

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It seems like that might be the case if you're paying cash, yes, but if you're financing, you can fill out all the info and have it all calculated there and shown, but then you have to go to the dealer to complete the sale at "Checkout":
Interesting. I wonder if starting it online will make it easier at the dealer or just add more confusion. I guess I can just plan to bring my laptop to the dealer when the time comes and if they can't figure out how to do Options correctly, I can whip out my computer and start the process for them there.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Interesting. I wonder if starting it online will make it easier at the dealer or just add more confusion. I guess I can just plan to bring my laptop to the dealer when the time comes and if they can't figure out how to do Options correctly, I can whip out my computer and start the process for them there.
Lol yes. I'm actually thinking about doing that too.

It seems like you can actually apply for credit right here on the website too. The only thing you'll still have to do is go to the dealer to sign a few things.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Don't forget that with a traditional lease, you are not eligible for the $7500 federal tax credit - the leasing company gets it. To what extent that savings to them gets reflected in your lease cost can vary widely.
Sponsored