epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
Finally got my mach-e. I have driven quite a bit the last couple days and I have noted some right hip/sciatic pain. Could it be the adjustment to 1PD? Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Turn it off....?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Finally got my mach-e. I have driven quite a bit the last couple days and I have noted some right hip/sciatic pain. Could it be the adjustment to 1PD? Has anyone else experienced this?
I'm confused. How is 1PD any different than driving an ICE vehicle in the sense of moving your foot up and down? If you think it's because lack of motion then either turn it off or just move your foot to the brake. I keep 1PD on and I still move my foot over when coming to a stop, probably just habit.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I haven’t had the issue at all. Correlation does not equal causation. With that said, try relaxing your calf and foot. Don’t be tense while using 1pd. Or just turn it i off and see what happens. Don’t forget to press the brake pedal though, ;)

Good luck.

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I have the same problem. However six broken vertebrae is my issue. I have a hard time getting my seat adjusted just right. I am thinking it’s the seat adjustment is missing for the front part of the seat. If this makes sense

OP
OP

epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
I'm confused. How is 1PD any different than driving an ICE vehicle in the sense of moving your foot up and down? If you think it's because lack of motion then either turn it off or just move your foot to the brake. I keep 1PD on and I still move my foot over when coming to a stop, probably just habit.
I am very aware that I can turn it off, thanks.

I was just curious if anyone else noted an adjustment. I do think that the constant and steady pressure is a little different than in an ICE. I like the 1 PD and I am getting used to it.

Up and Over

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, Iconic Silver
Country flag
Do you think you were keeping your right foot “hovering” over the pedal or holding it over the accelerator for a prolonged period of time? That motion would potentially strain the hip flexors. It might also be provoking an S1 radiculopathy. I’m not sure—just speculating—and hope you feel better soon!

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I find that if I have the car in unbridled mode the amount of 1PD is just right. It is just the right mix between the full 1PD setting and no 1PD. Since I also love how the car responds in unbridled mode I now just leave it there all the time.
Sponsored