Issues in general

babyclyde101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mme, f150,f250
Country flag
Took delivery of my Mach e premium and extended range on October 29. The following Thursday activated my blue oval charging network only to have it say pending. Was told would only take 24 hours to activate well on Monday still not activated by Ford called them and they wrote up an inquiry and said it will take about a week. So much for charging on road. Also drove it last week for the first time at night and the headlights hardly light up the road. Could only see out the bottom third of windshield especially going up and down hills. Needless to say I live in the mountains. It goes back to dealer on Thursday night so they can see what it does. Only see good if high beams are on. The dealership has been great but Ford not so much. My husband and I have had fords for over 30 years and never a problem like this. We are really thinking of changing brands of automobiles enough is enough
Sponsored

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Took delivery of my Mach e premium and extended range on October 29. The following Thursday activated my blue oval charging network only to have it say pending. Was told would only take 24 hours to activate well on Monday still not activated by Ford called them and they wrote up an inquiry and said it will take about a week. So much for charging on road. Also drove it last week for the first time at night and the headlights hardly light up the road. Could only see out the bottom third of windshield especially going up and down hills. Needless to say I live in the mountains. It goes back to dealer on Thursday night so they can see what it does. Only see good if high beams are on. The dealership has been great but Ford not so much. My husband and I have had fords for over 30 years and never a problem like this. We are really thinking of changing brands of automobiles enough is enough
For me, it seemed like everything Ford that happened on-line, like the Blue Oval Network activation took longer than it should but it eventually happened. I canā€™t explain why. It was just slow.

As far as the headlights go, thereā€™s a few things you can check:
Was the switch in ā€œAuto?ā€
If so, did you try turning the lights to ā€œonā€ and if so did it make any difference?
Was the auto high beam setting turned on in ā€œSettings?ā€
Did you try to use the left stalk on the steering column to manually turn on the high beams?

Forgive me if youā€™ve tried all of the above. Hope you figure it all out. I think the technology is a little glitchy, but I still love the car.

OP
OP

babyclyde101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mme, f150,f250
Country flag
For me, it seemed like everything Ford that happened on-line, like the Blue Oval Network activation took longer than it should but it eventually happened. I canā€™t explain why. It was just slow.

As far as the headlights go, thereā€™s a few things you can check:
Was the switch in ā€œAuto?ā€
If so, did you try turning the lights to ā€œonā€ and if so did it make any difference?
Was the auto high beam setting turned on in ā€œSettings?ā€
Did you try to use the left stalk on the steering column to manually turn on the high beams?

Forgive me if youā€™ve tried all of the above. Hope you figure it all out. I think the technology is a little glitchy, but I still love the car.
Had them on auto and high beams do come on then u can see but when they are off u canā€™t see much and the lights do work it is really bad when up and down hills and around curves and I live in the mountains so all roads are like that and I do really luv the car just frustrating that I donā€™t feel safe driving at night in it goes to dealer Thursday maybe they can figure it out. I think lights are not aimed right

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Had them on auto and high beams do come on then u can see but when they are off u canā€™t see much and the lights do work it is really bad when up and down hills and around curves and I live in the mountains so all roads are like that and I do really luv the car just frustrating that I donā€™t feel safe driving at night in it goes to dealer Thursday maybe they can figure it out. I think lights are not aimed right
That is how modern headlights work. Very bright low, with a sharp cutoff so as to not blind oncoming drivers. It can be an issue on hills, but pretty much every new car is like this. We have had two Fords, a BMW, and a Toyota all 2015 and newer, and every one was the same.

OP
OP

babyclyde101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mme, f150,f250
Country flag
That is how modern headlights work. Very bright low, with a sharp cutoff so as to not blind oncoming drivers. It can be an issue on hills, but pretty much every new car is like this. We have had two Fords, a BMW, and a Toyota all 2015 and newer, and every one was the same.
We have a 2020 f150 and not a problem like this but that may be because it is a truck. But I still think the headlights are not aimed right let the dealership figure it out other wise I will just drive with high beams on all the time

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
My Mazda and my wife's Lexus lit the road exactly as our MMEs do.

If you're coming from car more than a few years old, that's the way headlights are now.

I live in the mountains of NC. Yes, they disappear when you go up and down a rolling landscape.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Yeah, the IIHS has very rigorous testing for headlights these days which affects a car being awarded a Top Safety Pick designation or not. One of those tests are having them aimed at a certain height at a certain distance to reduce glare to oncoming drivers. Cars even just a couple of years ago weren't targeting these goals necessarily. In fact, my 2019 Acura RDX had a worse safety score in the brighter light assembly option because of the glare to oncoming cars. Sure, I could see into next Tuesday, but I would get flashed often even with just my low beams on.

It's also a very dramatic change to LED lights if you haven't had them before. The sharp cut-off at the top of the beam adds to the appearance that it's not brighter higher up, as regular bulbs diffuse their light above their aim point.

Fortunately, I've found the automatic high beams in the MME to be more responsive and better timed than any other car I've had, including my beloved Acura.

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
What trim level do you have? IIHS rated the headlights in the Select and CR1 as "Marginal".

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Did you follow the steps outlined in the thread linked below to set up and use plug and charge? If not you might want to redo it.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-enable-plug-charge-in-7-steps.3094/

billyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache Gt
Country flag
I noticed my low beams don't work as well as the 2017 Lexus RX350 (I traded in for the MME) and the 2018 F150 I have. Definitely does not light up the road as well.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
If you look here ( https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/ford/mustang-mach-e-4-door-suv/2021#headlights ) you can see that the Premium, GT, and FE models come somewhat close to the low beam targets in most instances and tend to be spot on or over with the high beam targets. The low beams are definitely only on target on right curves and driver's left side view and fall short on others.

However, those marks are a LOT better than the Select and Rt. 1 trims where both high and low beams are lacking.
Sponsored