Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag
If anyone can point me to a comprehensive list of issues, please do so. The historic 'compilation...(wiki)' thread is pretty light, and I am wishful FORD techs may check these posted lists periodically.

Aug. 2021 Premium standard RWD with 7000 miles in-city Honolulu. I would buy the car again, but only for the Hawaii driving culture due to the ride quality and other minor issues.

EV Regenerative braking TRIGGERS THE BRAKE LIGHTS all the time (Engaged mode). Can the algorithm be adjusted depending on percentage of one-pedal lifting correlated to speed? As it stands now, I have dealt with road rage several times due to the car behind thinking I brake checked them on the freeway when in reality I only lifted my foot 5-10% in the fast lane. I'm sure this brake check syndrome is somewhat inherent with one-pedal driving?

Mechanical:
-If the quickly stopped car has any residual momentum and put in PARK, it occasionally rocks back and forth ON THE PARKING PAW. Simple software tweak to engage the brakes when put in park and any movement on the hub sensor is detected?

Design:
-The Hazard button is in a dumb location! Passengers leaning over activate it all too often.
-Big on the outside, small on the inside.
-Rides like a Tesla 3/Y. I lowered the PSI to 38, but am looking at dropping down to 18x8 aftermarket wheels (caliper clearance should not be an issue). The bunny hop on the freeway sections is not cool.

Software:
-The usual PAAK issues.... Wacky wiper movement... Double honking, Car Play inconsistencies...
-PUT THE HATCH release button on the top of the screen please! I can't go through 2-3 screens to open it for the kids at school. NOT CONVENIENT.
-HVAC. Please let me LOCK the cabin air RECIRCULATION button!!!! The last 10 cars I've had could set the recirculation and stay set!
-The big screen wheel. MOVE THE AC "AUTO' icon over more!!! By thumb constantly changes the setting to HIGH when I adjust the volume in a hurry.\
-Back up camera OFF faster when I shift into drive Pease.

DJ
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
If anyone can point me to a comprehensive list of issues, please do so. The historic 'compilation...(wiki)' thread is pretty light, and I am wishful FORD techs may check these posted lists periodically.

Aug. 2021 Premium standard RWD with 7000 miles in-city Honolulu. I would buy the car again, but only for the Hawaii driving culture due to the ride quality and other minor issues.

EV Regenerative braking TRIGGERS THE BRAKE LIGHTS all the time (Engaged mode). Can the algorithm be adjusted depending on percentage of one-pedal lifting correlated to speed? As it stands now, I have dealt with road rage several times due to the car behind thinking I brake checked them on the freeway when in reality I only lifted my foot 5-10% in the fast lane. I'm sure this brake check syndrome is somewhat inherent with one-pedal driving?

Mechanical:
-If the quickly stopped car has any residual momentum and put in PARK, it occasionally rocks back and forth ON THE PARKING PAW. Simple software tweak to engage the brakes when put in park and any movement on the hub sensor is detected?

Design:
-The Hazard button is in a dumb location! Passengers leaning over activate it all too often.
-Big on the outside, small on the inside.
-Rides like a Tesla 3/Y. I lowered the PSI to 38, but am looking at dropping down to 18x8 aftermarket wheels (caliper clearance should not be an issue). The bunny hop on the freeway sections is not cool.

Software:
-The usual PAAK issues.... Wacky wiper movement... Double honking, Car Play inconsistencies...
-PUT THE HATCH release button on the top of the screen please! I can't go through 2-3 screens to open it for the kids at school. NOT CONVENIENT.
-HVAC. Please let me LOCK the cabin air RECIRCULATION button!!!! The last 10 cars I've had could set the recirculation and stay set!
-The big screen wheel. MOVE THE AC "AUTO' icon over more!!! By thumb constantly changes the setting to HIGH when I adjust the volume in a hurry.\
-Back up camera OFF faster when I shift into drive Pease.

DJ
Gonna be honest, these all seem like YOU issues, not defects, just your preferences.

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Gonna be honest, these all seem like YOU issues, not defects, just your preferences.
That is also my first reaction. Seems like pretty minor stuff, most of which are easily accommodated or personal annoyances you could with any car on the market today.

PA Bob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SB
Country flag
I agree those issues are all individual preference issues. It says a lot about the car that those are the only gripes .
That said, I also always hit the HVAC button when Iā€™m trying to adjust the volume on the radio. Itā€™s not the end of the world, but seems like itā€™d be easy to fix. I would put the fan functionality in with the HVAC - all in one place. I donā€™t see why they have fans separate from the rest of the HVAC.
Someone else mentioned having a ā€œsafe zoneā€ where the car wouldnā€™t lock. In other words, make your home garage a safe zone and the doors donā€™t lock up.

strangeengine

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE (sold after 2mo - suspension sucks!)
Country flag
He's right about the EV regen brake lights thing, though. It should be smarter about higher speeds.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
He's right about the EV regen brake lights thing, though. It should be smarter about higher speeds.
But the car decelerates when you ease up on the accelerator with 1PD enabled, even at higher speeds. Why would you not want the brake lights to illuminate when the car is actively decelerating?

zenicity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Black GTPE
Country flag
But the car decelerates when you ease up on the accelerator with 1PD enabled, even at higher speeds. Why would you not want the brake lights to illuminate when the car is actively decelerating?
I'm pretty sure that, legally, if your car is decelerating through some mechanical process your brake lights MUST activate. I don't think it's even a design decision or up to Ford whatsoever.

But yeah, this entire list feels like personal gripes that I could see going one way or another depending on the person. Design decisions are never going to please everyone. I was expecting a list of true, general issues.

strangeengine

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE (sold after 2mo - suspension sucks!)
Country flag
The car does that without 1PD enabled, too.

My read is that he wasn't lifting off the pedal completely, he was backing off just a bit - maybe 10-15%. Kind of like you would in non-1PD when the traffic ahead slows a bit. But that was lighting up the brake lights and making people behind him think he was brake-checking them.

I could be misinterpreting what the OP said, obviously.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I live outside Waimea on Hawaii Island. February 2021 build.

Two things first:

1. Is your car eligible for the PAAK CSP? if so, had it been done? If it is and hasn't been done, get it done.
2. Same regarding the 21P22 update.

EV Regenerative braking TRIGGERS THE BRAKE LIGHTS all the time (Engaged mode). Can the algorithm be adjusted depending on percentage of one-pedal lifting correlated to speed?
The regen braking activating the brake lights is by design.

Maybe you could turn off one pedal driving and get more of a coasting action like an ice car would do on the highway.
What @bshaw said. Try turning off 1pd. See if that makes a difference. You could then try the L button while in whisper or engaged to see if it is better regarding the irate followers of your car than 1pd is.

Honestly, I've never had issues with people following me out here. I drive in engaged with 1pd turned on almost exclusively. Then again there are only 200,000 residents here compared to 1.1 million on the smaller island where you're at.
If the quickly stopped car has any residual momentum and put in PARK, it occasionally rocks back and forth ON THE PARKING PAW.
Embarrassing isn't it? I hate it when I do that. Don't do that. ;)
Rides like a Tesla 3/Y. I lowered the PSI to 38, but am looking at dropping down to 18x8 aftermarket wheels (caliper clearance should not be an issue). The bunny hop on the freeway sections is not cool.
There's a very long thread about the ride quality here. Take a gander at that and see. What were you driving before the MME? I came from a 2006 Toyota Tacoma, so the MME is great in comparison to me. Also remember this is a CUV "version" of the mustang. It will never have the ride of a soft luxury car.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-two-weeks-with-the-mach-e-what-do-i-do.4642/
Double honking
Check that the walkaway lock alert is turned off. It's also possible you're getting the mislock chirp from time to time. That may be because a door isn't quite shut, or the car doesn't think it's shut, or something else. 21P22 contains a door module update iirc. If your car isn't eligible for that, report the issue to the dealer and have the dealer check it when you're in for servicing.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The car does that without 1PD enabled, too.
<SNIP>
Mine does not. I drive 2PD Unbridled exclusively and have been watching behind in the early morning. Brake lights do not illuminate when throttle is disengaged. They will illuminate if I jab the brake pedal hard enough to engage the friction brakes momentarily (sometimes requires two jabs). They extinguish when the car is traveling less than 10 mph. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜ŠšŸ©

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The Honolulu Metropolitan Area has officially the worst traffic in the country. Yeah, worse than Los Angeles even. Worse than the I-405 Parking Lot for those living in SoCal as a reference. There are a bit over 1 million residents plus military personnel and around 100,000 tourists at any given time. It's an island and not a terribly big one (597 sq. miles compared to the Big Island's 4,028). Building new major arteries or freeways isn't really an option. It leads to a bit of driving anger anyway even under the best of conditions.

Frankly, though, I agree with you. The problem is not the car and (probably) not the OP but rather the people following him way too closely.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
The regen braking activating the brake lights is by design.

Maybe you could turn off one pedal driving and get more of a coasting action like an ice car would do on the highway.
or use adaptive cruise control which brakes reduces speed gradually enough not to trigger brake lights usually.
Sponsored