Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Yes, thank you for sending the links. This is just odd as it’s the very first time using the cables. It’s the part of knowing whether it’s the outlet or the cables themselves. Ford is saying I have to bring the car and cables in for diagnostics. That is very inconvenient with a wife 40 weeks pregnant and they are quoting me 10/24 as the soonest I can get in
ah.... I see you have a few stressors in your life at the moment.
take a breath....

- was the 240v outlet recently installed, or has it been in you house/garage for a while ?
- if the outlet is on a circuit that is GFCI protected.... you might want to click the 'reset'
- have you, or an electrician, verified that you have 120v on both 'legs' of the receptacle ?
- have you, or an electrician, verified that the ground in the outlet is connected to ground ?
- have you tested your outlet by running any other 240v equipment ?

.... OR test mobile charger by going to a friend's house, or a business, or an RV campground for instance, anywhere that has a NEMA 14-50 outlet.... and plug in the mobile charger to see if it boots up w solid blue and try charging there.

Dealers are supposed to have plain 240v outlets available in the future.... but many don't.

Then.... if the charger did NOT work at some other 240v outlet, you know the charger is bad. Take it to the Dealership, and they will give you a whole new mobile charger kit under warranty. They won't try to determine if its the pigtail, or the brick.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I’m guessing you mean connector as pigtail and the charging unit as the brick. Yes that has been done. Everything is secure.
Brian,

Just because this really sounds like what happened to me way back when - the plug not pushed in, I’ve included a couple pics. Look closely and see which one looks like yours. You need to push it in firmly. Hope this helps and it’s not another problem.

Good luck.

Not in all the way with steady amber:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Issues with Ford EV Charging Cables D2CBC0BD-0690-47C8-BB72-591002EBFC1C

Pushed in and flush with steady blue light:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Issues with Ford EV Charging Cables EB22ACB6-23BF-46AC-9572-0DA106049DEF

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Brian,

Just because this really sounds like what happened to me way back when - the plug not pushed in, I’ve included a couple pics. Look closely and see which one looks like yours. You need to push it in firmly. Hope this helps and it’s not another problem.

Good luck.

Not in all the way with steady amber:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Issues with Ford EV Charging Cables EB22ACB6-23BF-46AC-9572-0DA106049DEF

Pushed in and flush with steady blue light:

the OP says he did.... but these pix are perfect examples.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No other chargers readily available and not sure I want to run out and spend $350-700 on another before I can diagnose the outlet
My thought was that if you have not used the 240V outlet for a different charger, therefore confirming it works, then I would try and test your charger on another outlet. The dealer said they can’t look at your car until later but perhaps you could go by and use one of their outlets to test your charger. (Unless you do have another way to test it). It could well be the charger though - just trying to rule out your outlet as a source of the problem.
Sponsored