Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
So he was turning left from the other side of the road? I guess I'm confused how you would ever be in a situation to t bone his passenger side since he should have had his back of his car facing you by the time he was in your lane.
Here is a Google Map clip of the intersection. The truck was coming out of the road from the South where only a right hand turn is allowed. He decided to make a left and came right out in front of me. Again, I believe he was more concerned about traffic from the West (left in the image) then watching East (right).

Ford Mustang Mach-E It Happened Again Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 3.23.19 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Update...after the Mach-e was brought to a collision shop this morning, they determined after lifting it they do not have the expertise to safely work on it. After talking with the guy who did the GEICO estimate, I called my dealer to see if they either would work on it (they no longer have a body shop) or if they used one for such work. They are calling around.

Sigh...the FordPass App sent me to an authorized collision repair center. I called them and they said they did but my dealer, who know about them, but had never used them. You'd think after being on the road for the last 2 plus years, someone would have had an accident with a Mach-e or Lightning requiring work.

Will probably end up calling all the Ford dealers in the area before I am done.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
After the original collision shop turned down working on an EV (see previous post), it took two attempts for GEICO to get it moved to a Certified Ford Service Center. They now have it. I went and signed all the paperwork to allow them to work on it, get paid by insurance, etc.

Now to wait for them to fully inspect, write up their estimate and have it approved by GEICO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Photos from the shop's corral. :rolleyes:

Doesn't look bad but the damage underneath the car is not visible. Not to mention any mechanical issues with the axles, steering, etc. which have not been assessed yet.

Passenger Side. Can not see it but there is paint damage from the yellow pole. The graphic will need to be replaced.

Ford Mustang Mach-E It Happened Again IMG_3188.JPG

Driver Side

Ford Mustang Mach-E It Happened Again IMG_3193.JPG

Right Front

Ford Mustang Mach-E It Happened Again IMG_3190.JPG

Right Rear

Ford Mustang Mach-E It Happened Again IMG_3191.JPG

Left Front

Ford Mustang Mach-E It Happened Again IMG_3194.JPG

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Here is a Google Map clip of the intersection. The truck was coming out of the road from the South where only a right hand turn is allowed. He decided to make a left and came right out in front of me. Again, I believe he was more concerned about traffic from the West (left in the image) then watching East (right).

Ford Mustang Mach-E It Happened Again IMG_3194.JPG
I'm disappointed that the driver of the truck didn't at least get a ticket for making an illegal turn from that intersection!

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Got the call today. Max will be ready this Friday (6/23). Interested in seeing the final tally.
Turned out when putting replacement body parts on, it was found the mechanics missed replacing the damaged front control arms so...a week later, I was finally able to bring Max home.

Its got three new wheels and four new tires (the old ones had 24, 850+ miles on them) which are all OEM. I will scan the the list of replacement parts early next week. Total for parts, paint, labor and sales tax was $9,220.55. A far cry from the initial $2,700 estimate. I had to cover my deductible and one tire to make a matched set of four.

Max drives like new and I missed all the fun in driving it. The passenger side doors needed repainting and lost 4/5th's of the Pony graphic.

i-v4fJBHW-XL.jpg

As a reminder, this is what it looked like complete.

i-GNVq2RG-XL.jpg

Some of the Xpel on the front was removed along with the right headlight (for the second time) was replaced. The entire car will need to be Ceramic Pro'd again, too. Insurance will cover $1,000 towards aftermarket upgrades.

I will meet with my detailer soon to schedule the work. Might even add something else while I'm at it. :D

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ouch, that SUCKS!!!

Why I installed a dashcam very shortly after getting my MACH-E. 100% not your fault, your insurance should not have to pay out, and you should not have to end up with higher rates, or worse, kicked off your insurance. If you had video, that is something you could easily hire a lawyer for, likely at no cost.

Like Tesla does a lot of wonky shit, but having a 360 dash cam was a pretty amazing option. You are driving an $$$$$ ass car, and even more expensive to repair! Protect your investment...

PS, just saw the before pictures, Max is SICK looking!!! Really like that graphic you have down the side, very cool. Glad you finally got him back!

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Ouch, that SUCKS!!!

Why I installed a dashcam very shortly after getting my MACH-E. 100% not your fault, your insurance should not have to pay out, and you should not have to end up with higher rates, or worse, kicked off your insurance. If you had video, that is something you could easily hire a lawyer for, likely at no cost.

Like Tesla does a lot of wonky shit, but having a 360 dash cam was a pretty amazing option. You are driving an $$$$$ ass car, and even more expensive to repair! Protect your investment...

PS, just saw the before pictures, Max is SICK looking!!! Really like that graphic you have down the side, very cool. Glad you finally got him back!

Thank you for your comment about Max!

Dashcam is on my list to get installed soon that's for sure.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Thank you for your comment about Max!

Dashcam is on my list to get installed soon that's for sure.
Glad you’re back in the saddle. After reading through the thread I have determined that you, and you alone, are responsible for training body shops in the area to work on Mach-E’s. We thank you for your sacrifice.
Sponsored