Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
You all re-call what happened to Blue Max back in 2021? (Follow the Link)

Well, last night, as I was driving home, a big old RAM 1500 Pickup driver decided to pull right out in front of me on a highway while I was doing about 50mph. I had two choices: I could T-Bone him into his unoccupied passenger door resulting in who knows what to me or avoid it altogether. I say choice but it happened so fast my brain made the decision before I could...I veered off the road, hit and went over a curb and ended up in a field missing a ditch with rocks, a telephone pole and grazing a plastic pole. On with the pics...

Ford Mustang Mach-E It Happened Again MAX_20230518_001
Ford Mustang Mach-E It Happened Again MAX_20230518_002
Ford Mustang Mach-E It Happened Again MAX_20230518_004
Ford Mustang Mach-E It Happened Again MAX_20230518_005

Result, both front tires blew on impact to the curbing as did the passenger rear. No doubt the wheels will be bent. Gosh knows what happened to the undercarriage until the shop can lift it. The air bags did not deploy and my seat belt kept me safe. The car surprisingly did not come to a jolting stop. The Plastic pole did go down the side of the car Here it is afterwards. Don't look bad but it is.

Ford Mustang Mach-E It Happened Again MAX_20230518_006

Insurance adjustor has given a ridiculously low quote of only $2,700. I bet that isn't even close.

Since I did not hit the guy who was doing an illegal traffic maneuver of crossing over the highway (entrances and exits from each of these locations only allow right hand turns into and out of those areas), the officer could not write up anything against the guy. Not even a ticket and my insurance has to pay for it all. Shazbot! Will need to replace the graphics on the passenger side and redo the XPEL (Insurance will cover up to $1,000 for after market stuff like them).

It is at the body shop and I will see how long it will be there. Ford is never going to want this one back at the end of the Ford Options Lease. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Oh geez Sorry to see all this happen. That the guy in the Dodge in the 3rd pic?
Yes, at least, he didn't take off until the Sheriff arrived and I did get his information. I was like, so by avoiding him, I get shafted and he just drives away. It was put down as a non-collision avoidance incident with no fault.

thumperr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
96 Probe, 2002 Explorer XLT, 2019 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Wondering same question…

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Glad you’re safe my friend. Wishing the best for BluMax. At least it’s the season where you can drive the ICE mustang until the e-Stang gets repaired. Keep us posted here. I doubt I’ll be making any cars and coffee. Bought a fishing boat to indulge my sons passion. Mine will be taking a back seat.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Cop can’t write him up unless you have evidence of his illegal maneuver. Which would be dashcam footage. Otherwise it’s just based on your word which doesn’t hold up in court.

Reality Check

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD 91KWh
Country flag
Broad daylight, sun high in the sky, good visibility. With your MME’s daytime running lights that were (presumably) on, how could the pickup driver possibly not have seen you coming!? Is there a curve or some obstacle that creates a blind spot? Or is the 50 mph you claim you were going significantly over the speed limit? What was the other driver’s story about pulling out in front of you?

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Ouch. I am impressed that you and the car were able do so much to minimize the damage, though it sucks that your insurance and not his has to cover what damage there is.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I would assume your insurance would sue him or his insurance to recoup what they have to pay out. I would at least suggest it to them lol

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Aside from all the regular hassles of repairs and insurance, now there's that annoying thought that maybe you shoulda just hit him. Maybe just a little graze, perhaps.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Broad daylight, sun high in the sky, good visibility. With your MME’s daytime running lights that were (presumably) on, how could the pickup driver possibly not have seen you coming!? Is there a curve or some obstacle that creates a blind spot? Or is the 50 mph you claim you were going significantly over the speed limit? What was the other driver’s story about pulling out in front of you?
The Sun, however, I was coming from the East in late afternoon with the Sun in the West. I think he was more concerned with looking left at oncoming traffic in the near lane and not right where I was in the far lane.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Damn that sucks. I am so sorry this happened, but I'm glad no one got hurt at least. I take it you don't have a dash cam. If you want to get one and don't want it to be visible, the FITCAMX works well.

Best of luck with the repairs. And yeah, the insurance quote seems wildly low.

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
So he was turning left from the other side of the road? I guess I'm confused how you would ever be in a situation to t bone his passenger side since he should have had his back of his car facing you by the time he was in your lane.
Sponsored