ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
So it's a 2022 GTPE with a build date in January and I received it in May. Hands-Free BlueCruise was working from day one. In the last month I can't get the Hands-Free part to activate while driving. Same group of highways that it was previously working now it will only activate hands on BlueCruise. This is in the Kansas City area. My FordPass account says the trial expiration date is 5/25/2025.

I don't believe I've made any changes to the vehicle or settings to cause it to not work. It just stopped working about a month ago.

While reviewing all settings just now inside the car I did see this note on the "About SYNC" tab. It says at the bottom:
Hands-Free Driving Mode available through 10-09-2022

What makes it strange is I lost the Hands-Free way before 10-09.

Was curious if there's something simple I'm overlooking before I reach out to Ford. I'm all ears.

Edit - Found another thread that I'll post in.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/bluecruise-stopped-working.19909/

I don't see the option where I can delete this one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
So it's a 2022 GTPE with a build date in January and I received it in May. Hands-Free BlueCruise was working from day one. In the last month I can't get the Hands-Free part to activate while driving. Same group of highways that it was previously working now it will only activate hands on BlueCruise. This is in the Kansas City area. My FordPass account says the trial expiration date is 5/25/2025.

I don't believe I've made any changes to the vehicle or settings to cause it to not work. It just stopped working about a month ago.

While reviewing all settings just now inside the car I did see this note on the "About SYNC" tab. It says at the bottom:
Hands-Free Driving Mode available through 10-09-2022

What makes it strange is I lost the Hands-Free way before 10-09.

Was curious if there's something simple I'm overlooking before I reach out to Ford. I'm all ears.

Edit - Found another thread that I'll post in.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/bluecruise-stopped-working.19909/

I don't see the option where I can delete this one.
10-09-2022 = the 10th of September. It's really dumb they don't use US date formats and don't say 10 Sept 2022....

Dealer will update free or hopefully you get the OTA like most people.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
10-09-2022 = the 10th of September. It's really dumb they don't use US date formats and don't say 10 Sept 2022....

Dealer will update free or hopefully you get the OTA like most people.
Ha Ha. My sync is showing 10-12-2022. I was planning to throw tantrum becasue I Ithought that it was expired on October 12. I just keep forgetting about the date format. I paid $600 for it so it better be working after December 12.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Ha Ha. My sync is showing 10-12-2022. I was planning to throw tantrum becasue I Ithought that it was expired on October 12. I just keep forgetting about the date format. I paid $600 for it so it better be working after December 12.
They'll send an OTA GWM update to increase that date by a few months the week or two before it expires. That's what they've been doing thus far.

OP
OP

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
Alright, took the car to the dealer today for updates.

Never received the OTA recall update so that was the main reason followed up with getting the map update. They kept the car for the day and we're successful at getting in all the updates. I noticed that my Android Auto is now using more of the screen. Curious how many updates I haven't received.

Pretty disappointed that these updates aren't coming in OTA (all my setting are correct for OTA updates). I really hope I don't have to do this again in December when the next version of the maps is set to expire.
Sponsored