Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Is BlueCruise affected by Ford server outages?

On Sunday I was driving from the Poconos to CT via I-80, I-287 & I-95, and it seemed that I was on Intelligent Cruise Control the whole trip but BlueCruise never worked. I had the dome but not the bubble.

This was a return trip and BlueCruise worked fine 6 days earlier on the same highways.

Any idea what possibly happened?
Sponsored

ABD

First Name
Alison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Bluecruise worked all day for me driving across NY, unlike FordPass. Hope it resolves for you.

JayVIP

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E Premium ER AWD Space White
Country flag
Did you see any errors when you tried to engage Bluecruise?

I had the same issue come up a month ago. I would use Bluecruise regularly on my commute to work. A few times, I would get the error, "Driver Camera Fault, See Manual" and then it would say, "Bluecruise not available". I would park and then get back to my car and it would work again.

Later, it stopped working all together. When I would normally use blue cruise, I would not get the "Bluecruise Availble" cue. I would turn lane assist off, then on again, and try to engage bluecruise, and still same error, "Driver Camera Fault". So I took it into the dealer and they said they found an issue with the PCM so They ordered it, and I have an appointment to get it replaced on Monday.

Hope my experience helps.

OP
OP
ChuckA

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Bluecruise worked all day for me driving across NY, unlike FordPass. Hope it resolves for you.
It must have been a hiccup. For me the ICC is good enough.

OP
OP
ChuckA

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Did you see any errors when you tried to engage Bluecruise?

I had the same issue come up a month ago. I would use Bluecruise regularly on my commute to work. A few times, I would get the error, "Driver Camera Fault, See Manual" and then it would say, "Bluecruise not available". I would park and then get back to my car and it would work again.

Later, it stopped working all together. When I would normally use blue cruise, I would not get the "Bluecruise Availble" cue. I would turn lane assist off, then on again, and try to engage bluecruise, and still same error, "Driver Camera Fault". So I took it into the dealer and they said they found an issue with the PCM so They ordered it, and I have an appointment to get it replaced on Monday.

Hope my experience helps.
I got no error messages at all. It did not even say “BlueCruise not available”. I’ve been lucky. Other then PaaK, everything works without issues.

tomwood24

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
My bluecruise has never worked, I’m at my wits end with my dealership, it’s been back and forth in the garage since April with them trying to get it working. The customer service is also awful. Here’s latest

‘Well, we went in for the last several days trying to get the stuff for your cruise control and lane assist to work properly.Everything we are seeing is that the new image processing module is functioning and the wiring was done right, however, there is still some corruption causing it not to communicate with either the abs module or the gear shift module. Both of those communicate with the hand free system. Will let u know today if he gets some update or if i have to order a new part again.’

anyone here offer some advic? Do I go to a new dealer ? Do I start messaging some random people from ford engineering on LinkedIn to get help. Do I claim lemon law and move to another EV?

JayVIP

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E Premium ER AWD Space White
Country flag
I am currently going through a similar issue right now. I had the Blue Cruise Module replaced with a new dealer part that had to be ordered, it took a few weeks to come. According to the tech, a major part of the dash had to be disassembled to replace it, and after completing the reinstall, it would not connect for updates. So the tech is now on the process of removing the dash again to check on the part number to verify that it is correct per FORD Tech Assistance. Car has been there three days now.

My bluecruise has never worked, I’m at my wits end with my dealership, it’s been back and forth in the garage since April with them trying to get it working. The customer service is also awful. Here’s latest

‘Well, we went in for the last several days trying to get the stuff for your cruise control and lane assist to work properly.Everything we are seeing is that the new image processing module is functioning and the wiring was done right, however, there is still some corruption causing it not to communicate with either the abs module or the gear shift module. Both of those communicate with the hand free system. Will let u know today if he gets some update or if i have to order a new part again.’

anyone here offer some advic? Do I go to a new dealer ? Do I start messaging some random people from ford engineering on LinkedIn to get help. Do I claim lemon law and move to another EV?

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Bluecruise stopped working on my 3-week-old MME Premium tonight. I couldn't get hands-free to engage for a 20-mile trip down I-95 South that had previously been very reliable. Then later in the evening I had the same experience on I-95 North on the return trip. I've used Bluecruise on these stretches of highway several times, but no luck tonight. No errors, no messages, no nothing. It seems like the eye nanny works because I did get some warnings to watch the road as I was troubleshooting this (I hadn't seen this warning before with "hands-on" mode).

It's like the feature just disappeared. Any ideas or tips for toubleshooting this? I'm really not looking forward to the idea of leaving the car at the dealership just 3 weeks into ownership. Thanks!

At427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus ST
Occupation
Transportation
Country flag
Bluecruise stopped working on my 3-week-old MME Premium tonight. I couldn't get hands-free to engage for a 20-mile trip down I-95 South that had previously been very reliable. Then later in the evening I had the same experience on I-95 North on the return trip. I've used Bluecruise on these stretches of highway several times, but no luck tonight. No errors, no messages, no nothing. It seems like the eye nanny works because I did get some warnings to watch the road as I was troubleshooting this (I hadn't seen this warning before with "hands-on" mode).

It's like the feature just disappeared. Any ideas or tips for toubleshooting this? I'm really not looking forward to the idea of leaving the car at the dealership just 3 weeks into ownership. Thanks!
If rebooting Sync doesn’t work the only other option may require pulling the negative from the battery to ”reboot” the car

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
If rebooting Sync doesn’t work the only other option may require pulling the negative from the battery to ”reboot” the car
Thank you! I'll give these a shot tomorrow and report back.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Well, my plan was to drive a few miles up the highway (confirmed Bluecruise stretch of road), validate that it's still not working, then exit the highway and restart Sync with volume and > buttons, and then see if Bluecruise works on the way back.

But this time Bluecruise (hands-free) engaged within a few seconds of turning on cruise control and lane centering. Soooo, I don't know what the problem was last night and/or what might have fixed it today. I would really like to know because this lack or reliability drives me nuts.

DK922

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I also lost Bluecruise after installing the attached update, and it wiped out my Ford Pass app settings, so my car will only charge to 100% now. Sucks..

D134D280-3885-4A49-98F9-401B9DF30ED6.jpeg

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I lost hands-free Bluecruise again during a 220-mile trip on confirmed Bluecruise highways. I reset the infotainment system twice without luck. Really frustrating for a feature that was part of my decision making to buy a MME.

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I have now had my blue cruise stop working on 4 separate occasions. No error messages it just acts like it's on a non blue cruise road but it has been on my daily commute, so I know exactly where blue cruise doesn't work. I have just received that update listed above , which deleted my home and work charging stations leading to 100% charge, so I will wait and see if that fixes it.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
This happens to me occasionally. No amount of rebooting helps. The only way to get it to come back is let the car sit off for a while and then it seems to come back next time I drive.
Sponsored