JuiceBox 40 vs Grizzl-e avalanche

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Would love to hear your opinions!
Have you read any of the many threads discussing these?

Have you checked with your electric utility to see if they give discounts or rebates for particular makes and models?

I have a JuiceBox 48, to which my utility company rebated $500, so after last year's now-expired 30% tax credit, I paid almost nothing for. Works great, good reports and data.

OP
OP

Aferreira613

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
Have you read any of the many threads discussing these?

Have you checked with your electric utility to see if they give discounts or rebates for particular makes and models?

I have a JuiceBox 48, to which my utility company rebated $500, so after last year's now-expired 30% tax credit, I paid almost nothing for. Works great, good reports and data.
I have read the threads discussing the various chargers on the market but didn’t find any that do a direct comparison between these two. I’m new here though, so maybe I missed it. I’m located in Ontario and as far as I can tell, there are currently no rebates being offered.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I got the Juicebox years ago, and have never had trouble with it. I am not familiar with the Avalanche.

KlueBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E AWD Premium, 2021 Mustang GT
Country flag
Here are some pretty comprehensive reviews of both units:

Juicebox

Grizzle-E

Note that the Grizzle-E review is for the "smart" version. I chose this version of the review because it is closer to the the spec that United Chargers sells for all versions now. Back when they were new, you could get the Grizzle-E with either a long or short cord. You could also get a "standard" or "premium" quality cable. Now all Grizzle-E models sold have the long 24' long cord in the "premium" material. United Chargers claims the premium cable is better for cold climates than then now discontinued "standard" cable.

I chose the Grizzle-E from United Chargers for the same reasons most choose it. It is competitively priced, has a long cord, is well weatherproofed, and it's cable should remain flexible when installed outside in Michigan winters. I also got the wifi enabled version with hopes that new features will be made available in the future. As it stands today, the wifi functionality on the Grizzle-E is pretty useless. So consider carefully if the extra cost is worth it for you.
Sponsored