SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
While I’m still a couple months away from taking delivery of my Mach-E, today I installed the JuiceBox that arrived from our power utility. (They had an instant $500 rebate if you ordered it directly from them, so this was $150.) We had the 50A service and NEMA 14-50 outlet installed (including permits) back in February, for about $775. So all told, we’re under $1000 for a complete home charging setup.

Installation was largely a matter of figuring out how much play I had in the plug cable, making sure I installed the included mounting bracket on studs and that it was level. Only real hiccup I had was my IPhone wouldn’t connect to it’s built-in WIFI network while it was powering up. I had to cut power at the breaker and try again … second time it connected right up. The app seems … perfunctory. Obviously there isn’t much I can do with it now, but the pony’s stable has a feed bag all ready to overextend the analogy. 🤣

Ford Mustang Mach-E JuiceBox 40 installed! 16DAFEE9-DD4F-4EED-8BA4-9D0B96FE0021
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The ground is supposed to be up, not down, with the outlet below the JB if you refer to the instructions. The idea is that the cord would not be bent like that. Might want to see if you can turn off the breaker and then rotate the outlet 180 degrees.

OP
OP
SuperRob

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The ground is supposed to be up, not down, with the outlet below the JB if you refer to the instructions. The idea is that the cord would not be bent like that. Might want to see if you can turn off the breaker and then rotate the outlet 180 degrees.
i’ll look into that, Rick. Thanks!

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The ground is up in this setup. This is exactly how my JuiceBox is plugged in and the ground is at the top of the outlet.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
With the setup shown, I’d rotate 90 degrees so the cord extends to the right.

kwlinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The Juicebox plug is set up for ground down if the plug is directly below the unit (ground away from the unit). Each EVSE orients differently, one thing to keep in mind when having the outlet installed (not that its hard to rotate it after the fact).

Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 3.07.58 PM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
SuperRob

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Juicebox plug is set up for ground down if the plug is directly below the unit (ground away from the unit). Each EVSE orients differently, one thing to keep in mind when having the outlet installed (not that its hard to rotate it after the fact).

Ford Mustang Mach-E JuiceBox 40 installed! Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 3.07.58 PM
As I mentioned in my post, the outlet was installed months before I got the EVSE. At the time, I didn't know which one I was going to settle on, so they installed it ground-up as is 'standard.'

I may open it up and see if I can give the outlet a quarter turn. There's no other place I can put the JuiceBox (you can barely tell, but the coiled cord is blocking a standard outlet), so I have to make this setup work.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
As I mentioned in my post, the outlet was installed months before I got the EVSE. At the time, I didn't know which one I was going to settle on, so they installed it ground-up as is 'standard.'

I may open it up and see if I can give the outlet a quarter turn. There's no other place I can put the JuiceBox (you can barely tell, but the coiled cord is blocking a standard outlet), so I have to make this setup work.
You can rotate the cover 1/4 turn without even messing with the receptacle. The only issue may be how jammed in the wires are.

eBullitt

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda CR-V Hybrid; 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I just started to research EVSE’s in earnest as my Mach-e is scheduled for delivery at the end of next month. The enel x website has a video posted that is titled “Juicebox Plug-in Installation Walkthrough,” in which the NEMA 14-50 outlet is positioned to the left of the center of the Juicebox. When I zoom-in on the NEMA 14-50 outlet, the ground, to my eye appears to be positioned “up.” This seems to be contrary to the installation instructions posted in this thread. Am I missing something?

Mach Tuch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 23 MME GT, 08 Mustang GT Vert, 19 Audi Q7
Country flag
I have a juicebox 40 sitting on my dining room floor. Ive read the online manuals and watched their installation videos. There is no recommendation from Juicebox on direction of plug. They say install the unit:
  • Non-GFI circuit breaker
  • Via national and local Code
  • Within reach of the vehicle's charge port
  • 18 inches above the floor or ground
  • If applicable, within range of a cellular connection or the local Wi-Fi network.
The photos from their website show the plug in the upright position, with the neutral on top, to the left (if facing) of the juicebox. I'm going to install it just like the picture
Ford Mustang Mach-E JuiceBox 40 installed! how-to-install-an-ev-charger-at-home
Ford Mustang Mach-E JuiceBox 40 installed! images (1)
Ford Mustang Mach-E JuiceBox 40 installed! images

Last edited: