Just got a 2024 Kia EV6 from Avis on a rental...

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Avis in Covington KY had a few 2024 Mach Es for rental.

IMG20240319121002.jpg
Sponsored

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (Job 2)
Country flag
I got a Solterra once as a loaner from a Subaru dealer. I didn't even know this car existed. But I thought the ride quality was pretty good, it had the usual EV quickness, and it had a 'power meter' which I wish the MME had ..
It mostly just felt and looked like a typical ICE car that happened to be electric
Ford Mustang Mach-E Just got a 2024 Kia EV6 from Avis on a rental... IMG20240319121002
Yeah the drive was actually decently pleasant for me. You’re spot on that it really did just feel like any other ICE car that happened to be electric. Also looks like yours had a slightly bigger screen, the one I rented was more like this - it was laughable in comparison to other EVs (maybe I’m also spoiled with the huge screen on the MME).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Just got a 2024 Kia EV6 from Avis on a rental... IMG_1330

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Not to pile on the EV 6 Hater Wagon, but I'm of two minds about it. I do really like the looks, especially in all black, but I sat in it at the car show last month and immediately thought "Yeah, I made the right choice"...at least from the perspective of the interior. Both my daughters agreed, and you can't argue with a Gen Z's aesthetic :cool:

The Mach-E Premium is almost Scandi by comparison.

Unobtanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6 GT
Country flag
I've owned a fair bit of newer cars, my latest being an ev6 GT. I agree that the interior doesnt hit quite at the $60k price point. More $40k. That said, the powertrain and suspension make up for it. Nothing under $80k comes close in the EV world. 21k rpm motors, car pulls low, mid, high, it just pulls. I trapped 142.95 in the 1/2 mile...and nothing melted. There is a reason it won Performance Car of The Year when it came out.

Also, the base models get HDA that ping pongs between lanes until it upsets. The Gt and Gt Line get HDA that works pretty well. Any better and I'm afraid it would lead to "Tesla events".

Body panel alignment is some of the best. Its up there with my rav4 prime and mazda cx5. Way better than my Volvo, Rdx, and GM products.

Futureproofing is excellent, with 800v architecture, and rapid charging.

Dealedship experience is...abysmal.
Sponsored