Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
@DevSecOps @Gimme_my_MME

I got my car back at the end of Tuesday, after 72 days in the shop, which started as a bad fluid pump and turned into a front drive unit replacement because the pump didn’t work and caused metal shavings to develop in the front drive unit. I drove about 150-200 miles today with 80MPH speeds on the interstate between OKC and Seminole, OK and used DCFC early this afternoon from 2pm to 3pm. After I finished DCFC, we ran several short errands in a short area of OKC and ended the day with an hour drive to back to my mom’s house in Seminole.

At 7:15pm, I backed into the garage, plugged in the Ford mobile charger, and got an error that there was a problem charging. I unplugged the charger and tried again but it was a no go. Next, I connected my Veepeak OBD2 adapter and pulled the codes below. I can’t get the car to start so I can’t drive. It displays Stop Safely Now. This has the recall software, or at least it did before the front drive unit was replaced. The front drive unit was replaced this past week and I assume the current module versions are up to date.

Would it do any good to try and clear the DTCs and drive it back to OKC, an hour away? Or should I tow it?

And I guess I’ll go look at the HVBJB mega thread and follow those steps. I still have a case open for the issue for the past 72 days. Do I use that one or start a new one?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Just got a Stop Safely Now with Recall SW 1666485651139
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
bncwhite

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
@Gimme_my_MME i really needed to see that right now after the last two months nightmare service. 😂

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Clearing codes and making a run for it is certainly risky, if you can even get it to start after clearing them. Again, IF you get going, you aren't gonna want to stop so you will need enough charge to make it (no you can't even stop to DCFC).

What most likely happened is the software just didn't have enough time to detect an issue after it got wiped during service

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yeah you can try to clear codes and hope you make it back in one go. Try to drive slow. But no guarantees, sometimes SSN will come back right away after clearing so then you’re screwed.