scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Someone at Ford customer service closed my case because Kestrel's vin is registered in my husband's name. Despite me explaining when I called in that we have different last names and the car is in his name, they created the case file in my name. At some point someone noticed (or the system flagged) that the VIN name and case name didn't match, the case got closed.

It's 2022. Sometimes women don't change their name when they get married and we should be all be able to understand that and deal with it?

I'm sorry. I'm venting. I was very nice and polite to the person I just spoke with because it wasn't her fault and she was literally just the messenger, but I'm annoyed.

Going to have a cup of tea and a biscuit (cookie) and I'll be calm again, I promise.
That's really pretty out of touch. Are there any female executives or customer facing leaders at Ford?
Sponsored

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Didn't Op state it was while sitting, the MachE was Parked not driving? What safety concern? Maybe I missed something.
After all the replies, are you convinced that being stranded im any situation can be a safety concern?

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Someone at Ford customer service closed my case because Kestrel's vin is registered in my husband's name. Despite me explaining when I called in that we have different last names and the car is in his name, they created the case file in my name. At some point someone noticed (or the system flagged) that the VIN name and case name didn't match, the case got closed.

It's 2022. Sometimes women don't change their name when they get married and we should be all be able to understand that and deal with it?

I'm sorry. I'm venting. I was very nice and polite to the person I just spoke with because it wasn't her fault and she was literally just the messenger, but I'm annoyed.

Going to have a cup of tea and a biscuit (cookie) and I'll be calm again, I promise.
To hell with calm! That is outrageous!
I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Job 2
Occupation
Finance
So, is the car back now from the dealer. Did they change the HVJB to the new version? Checking to see if now you got your car back

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag

cinzen

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Sorry to see this. If there are other Ford dealers nearby, I’d suggest you call their service departments to see if you can get your vehicle addressed sooner and if so, have the tow truck take it there. Three weeks is far too long for a bricked car.
Wish I could say that three weeks is too long, but I had the same issue. just shy of a month now, and although the dealership worked me in ( great dealership Suntrup Ford Kirkwood) Ford will not authorize them for rental car reimbursement.
As a company I have had it with Ford, my car has been in the dealership almost 1/3 of the time I have owned it.

OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
So, is the car back now from the dealer. Did they change the HVJB to the new version? Checking to see if now you got your car back
Still don’t have the car back. They finally agreed that the HVBJB needs replacing, but apparently it’s backordered and no eta. I reopened my case with Ford corporate and they are supposed to be calling around to see if they can find one more quickly.

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Still don’t have the car back. They finally agreed that the HVBJB needs replacing, but apparently it’s backordered and no eta. I reopened my case with Ford corporate and they are supposed to be calling around to see if they can find one more quickly.
I read somewhere that the new HVJB should be available, some dealers were using the old part number and that was backordered. Maybe check to see which part they ordered.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I read somewhere that the new HVJB should be available, some dealers were using the old part number and that was backordered. Maybe check to see which part they ordered.
If you attempt to order the old HVBJB, it just automatically orders the newer part "B." If you are lucky enough to find "C" in stock, no one is sure of the difference between the two, you have to order it purposefully.

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
If you attempt to order the old HVBJB, it just automatically orders the newer part "B." If you are lucky enough to find "C" in stock, no one is sure of the difference between the two, you have to order it purposefully.
What's the difference between part B and part C ?

OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Does anyone have confirmation that the HVBJB is in stock, and what stock number I should tell them to order?

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So. We know Ford's strategy on this matter. Although I'm not a fan of it, and I think that in the end, they need to eat the cost of replacing everyone's HVJB proactively, I'm not sure how that's something we can force (class action isn't going to do it).
Since I am also a Chevy Bolt owner, this is like deja vu for me, although it appears the HVJB issue is more likely than the battery fires. GM initially tried a software monitoring fix (sound familiar?), a couple of fires subsequently occurred (sound familiar?), then they decided to replace the batteries.

In both cases there is significant labor involved, the batteries have to be dropped. But the cost to replace the HVJB is still less than a whole new battery.

It is simply a matter of time before they decide that all HVJBs will be replaced. It will be done to save their reputation, if for no other reason.

awiginton

First Name
Alesia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
So sorry!! I haven’t received the over the air update yet, but sounds like I don’t want it.
Sponsored