Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, always the hitch mount for bikes. I say this as someone with a roof rack who after a long arduous ride somehow forgot it was up there and rammed my bike into my garage
Is that you in the commercial?????
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
OP
OP

Smurf

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus SC430
Country flag
Yeah, I pretty sure the vehicle's invoice will show the dealer's name on it.
This is why I hate car dealers. Nothing they say is true. They’re also trying to claim they make no money in the transaction. Bull!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Looks cool, but I was thinking of a rack for a kayak. For my bike I think I’m going to go with a trailer-hitch-mounted rack. I’m too short for one of those roof setups. Thanks for the info.

You can mount kayaks to it!
But, if you don't want it up there because of height, I understand.

Seasucker on an audi:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Just got my pony! 1615386197961

OP
OP

Smurf

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus SC430
Country flag
Little bit of an update: nav system, unless there’s something I’m not doing right, is terrible. I asked for directions home while in a county park. No map appeared on the screen and it just kept telling me to proceed to highlighted route, but there was none. Once I found my way out, it directed me in the opposite direction of my home to get home. I think rather than get frustrated, I will use Apple CarPlay. The downside is I am throwing away all privacy, as the entire contents of my iphone is now on the giant screen, appointments and all.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Little bit of an update: nav system, unless there’s something I’m not doing right, is terrible. I asked for directions home while in a county park. No map appeared on the screen and it just kept telling me to proceed to highlighted route, but there was none. Once I found my way out, it directed me in the opposite direction of my home to get home. I think rather than get frustrated, I will use Apple CarPlay. The downside is I am throwing away all privacy, as the entire contents of my iphone is now on the giant screen, appointments and all.
you can remove certain apps from appearing by going to Settings->General->Carplay->Sync4->Customize.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
... No map appeared on the screen and it just kept telling me to proceed to highlighted route, but there was none. ...
Same exact thing happened to me! On my first 200 mile drive home after a stop about 1/2 way. Actually, it was pretty crappy, because more than 6 EA fast chargers had not worked, it just got dark (and very cold) and I was in the EA Walmart parking lot, trying to find my way to a nearby university L2 chargepoint station.

It was around the time that fellow had a loaner with a locked up screen. So I knew to try the Sync 4A reset thing, using the steering wheel buttons right side.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/help-touch-screen-went-black-solved.3195/

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/help-touch-screen-went-black-solved.3195/page-5

see the pic in #71, also, "Yep, exactly. The volume key on the steering wheel is actually a rocker, so just push it to the volume down position and hold that right arrow key for 10 seconds."

After that, Nav worked perfectly, and has not glitched since then.

Last edited:

RW Journey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME FE
Country flag
When I picked up my MME, it had 92% and a range of 191 miles with only 12 miles on the odometer. I let the batter get to about 25% before charging and then the range @ 100% jumped to 302. Just finished a 350 road trip (70-80ish mph) and was getting about 3.1 mi/kWh. Now when I charge to 90% at the house I get between 240mi - 252mi range. Most of my driving is mixed highway/city. Hopefully your range will adjust as you drive it.

Like most owners, I too look for useless trips to take!

OP
OP

Smurf

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus SC430
Country flag
When I picked up my MME, it had 92% and a range of 191 miles with only 12 miles on the odometer. I let the batter get to about 25% before charging and then the range @ 100% jumped to 302. Just finished a 350 road trip (70-80ish mph) and was getting about 3.1 mi/kWh. Now when I charge to 90% at the house I get between 240mi - 252mi range. Most of my driving is mixed highway/city. Hopefully your range will adjust as you drive it.

Like most owners, I too look for useless trips to take!
It is improving. did You get the rwd version?

RW Journey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME FE
Country flag
Wow! You’re getting better range than expected! What’s your secret? ?
The range was better than I expected as well but it still has low miles (1500) and I expect it to be closer to 2.7 mi/kWh after averaging a few trips.

The last trip was mostly flat roads, adaptive cruise (much of the time) and temp was in the 60's so I kept the climate control off.

I have another trip planned for next week but this route has more "hills" and it is supposed to be in the upper 70's to lower 80's, so AC will likely be used.

Haven't had any "range anxiety" yet....

OP
OP

Smurf

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus SC430
Country flag
The range was better than I expected as well but it still has low miles (1500) and I expect it to be closer to 2.7 mi/kWh after averaging a few trips.

The last trip was mostly flat roads, adaptive cruise (much of the time) and temp was in the 60's so I kept the climate control off.

I have another trip planned for next week but this route has more "hills" and it is supposed to be in the upper 70's to lower 80's, so AC will likely be used.

Haven't had any "range anxiety" yet....
I have to remember to use cruise control more often.
Sponsored