Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
If you look at time 12:17 you get a good look at the front trunk. At the back, you can plainly see that the divider is held in place by two screws/snaps, so it looks like user removal shouldn’t be too terribly difficult for those who want to put in a koi pond ? And is that an INCANDESCENT light I see on the passenger front side illuminating the front trunk? Please tell me this is just an artifact of bad color balance and, of course there are no incandescent lamps anywhere in the Mustang Mach E. I would expect all lighting to be LED. Much more efficient and longer lasting!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
If you look at time 12:17 you get a good look at the front trunk. At the back, you can plainly see that the divider is held in place by two screws/snaps, so it looks like user removal shouldn’t be too terribly difficult for those who want to put in a koi pond ? And is that an INCANDESCENT light I see on the passenger front side illuminating the front trunk? Please tell me this is just an artifact of bad color balance and, of course there are no incandescent lamps anywhere in the Mustang Mach E. I would expect all lighting to be LED. Much more efficient and longer lasting!
It's a glow-in-the-dark button. The koi would use it for emergency release should the water become too tepid.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
It looks to be similar (but larger )to the lights in the trunk - but cant tell if they are LEDs - hope so

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I'd certainly hope it isn't incandescent. I guess you're making that assumption because of the warmer color temp, which isn't really indicative of LED vs. incandescent - you can get LED bulbs in any color temp you want.

I'm more concerned that it's an LED that isn't easily replaceable, because it does look too warm for my tastes. It's pre-production though, so who knows.

Lantermacay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X2
Country flag
I know this thread is from a few years ago, but it's always fun to revisit those key social media posts and relive the excitement. Matt, a 14-minute video with lots of driving time sounds like a real treat, even if it's in German! Jim, your attention to detail is impressive. It's interesting how the front trunk divider can be easily removed, making it convenient for those who have unique ideas like turning it into a koi pond. And I'm with you on the lighting. LED lights are definitely more efficient and longer-lasting than incandescent ones. By the way, speaking of social media, have you ever tried to Buy Linkedin Accounts? Thanks for sharing your thoughts, guys! Even though this thread is a few years old, it's still cool to connect and discuss our passions.

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I know this thread is from a few years ago, but it's always fun to revisit those key social media posts and relive the excitement. Matt, a 14-minute video with lots of driving time sounds like a real treat, even if it's in German!
When I saw this come up again, I was hoping for something newsworthy - like another tweet from Farley announcing the imminent release of the remote frunk release in FordPass 😀😀😀

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Yes, I like to watch this video to remind me of a time when the GT didn't have any limitations:

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
When I saw this come up again, I was hoping for something newsworthy - like another tweet from Farley announcing the imminent release of the remote frunk release in FordPass 😀😀😀
Learn to live with dissapointment.
It's the only way.
Sponsored