Z-one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache GTPE
Country flag
I can't remember if anyone else has them on order, or if many are waiting for my feedback LOL.

Originally I had planned to install coils and wheels at the same time, however since I assume some won't be replacing the OEM wheels and tires, I'll install the coils while keeping the OEM Premium trim setup in order to give more aligned feedback.

I'm also trying to track down part numbers for the few items that need to be transferred from the OE suspension to the KW setup. I'd rather buy the spares to install, versus disassembling old. Makes it easier to return to stock down the road.

EDIT:
Adding additional comments for ordering OEM parts for KW installation. The instructions call for an irreversible modification to the upper rear shock mount. Just another reason to order a replacement and keep the existing OE hardware intact.
Out of curiosity have your parts shipped?
Sponsored

Z-one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache GTPE
Country flag
I have a GTPE and only test drove that trim, so I cannot compare to regular GT or other trims...my 2c is ...

However, there is still some bounce over specific types of road imperfections, for example closely spaced manhole covers that are recessed below level pavement grade. I had a Jeep Cherokee, just before the MME, take those types of road imperfections without bouncing up and down like a jackhammer.
For me I am more interested in the harmonic bounce the GT seems to have on certain concrete roads with expansion cracks. I get the car will have some bounce on a manhole cover it is the harmonic bounce that kills me.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
I can't remember if anyone else has them on order, or if many are waiting for my feedback LOL.

Originally I had planned to install coils and wheels at the same time, however since I assume some won't be replacing the OEM wheels and tires, I'll install the coils while keeping the OEM Premium trim setup in order to give more aligned feedback.

I'm also trying to track down part numbers for the few items that need to be transferred from the OE suspension to the KW setup. I'd rather buy the spares to install, versus disassembling old. Makes it easier to return to stock down the road.

EDIT:
Adding additional comments for ordering OEM parts for KW installation. The instructions call for an irreversible modification to the upper rear shock mount. Just another reason to order a replacement and keep the existing OE hardware intact.
I will definately follow your experiences on this. I am kind of fed up with the bouncing/rocking/porpoising of my Mach-E. While I don’t relish the expense, if the KWV3 really settles the car down and improves its ride, etc, I think I would go fo it.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I have a GTPE and have no clue what this guy is talking about. I think the magneride suspension is incredible and love the ability to change how stiff it is with driving modes to match the conditions. Never had anything like a “jackhammer.”
Me either. But to be fair, he was comparing it to a completely different vehicle, not other trims of the Mach E.

My GTPE does ride more stiffly than my wife’s Aviator for example. And if I’m unbridled, it’s pretty stiff and should be.
Meant for performance driving, not for hitting manholes.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag

EDIT:
i am confused! i thought the KW thingies could be swapped for what the vehicle is currently on without anything else needed.

that's what i got from @taikajim's post and also my enquiries with KW!

we need more parts to install the KW coilovers?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
i am confused! i thought the KW thingies could be swapped for what the vehicle is currently on without anything else needed.

I believe taikajim said a hole has to be enlarged on the upper mount for them to fit. It is not clear if the enlarged hole is incompatible with the stock parts though. Has anyone determined that, or is it just an assumption?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

I believe taikajim said a hole has to be enlarged on the upper mount for them to fit. It is not clear if the enlarged hole is incompatible with the stock parts though. Has anyone determined that, or is it just an assumption?
Take a look at the KW installation instructions (attached at the bottom of this post) - specifically page 8 and 10.

Page 8 discusses the usage of the OE top hats from your existing front struts, which requires disassembly of your OE equipment. I am OPTIONALLY choosing to purchase the new top hats (roughly $20/ea) for usage on the KW front components, without the need to disassemble my OE equipment.

Page 10 discusses the usage of the OE upper shock body mounting bracket, which also must be removed from the OE rear strut, AND must be modified to accommodate the larger shock piston rod. Again, I'm OPTIONALLY choosing to purchase a new mount to be paired with the KW suspension, rather than removing from OE equipment.

The purchasing of these components allows for a seamless reinstallation when I decide to revert to stock, AND gives me the benefit for resale of the KW coils to a new buyer, allowing he/she to plug-n-play with zero modification required.

View attachment ea-KWGFwEA-h68630095.pdf

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do the wheels have to be removed to make adjustments? I can’t even see the suspension over my tire? And if it’s lowered a bit even worse. That would be a huge pain every time.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
On the Polestar rental I was able to adjust the front by hand without jacking it up, the rears required raising it up a bit and pulling some clips on the under cladding to access the adjustments (no wheel removal.) You had to do it without seeing the numbers, just turn all the way one direction and count the clicks back to where you wanted it. I would hope these on the MME would be similar or better.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The purchasing of these components allows for a seamless reinstallation when I decide to revert to stock, AND gives me the benefit for resale of the KW coils to a new buyer, allowing he/she to plug-n-play with zero modification required.
View attachment ea-KWGFwEA-h68630095.pdf
That sounds like wise decision making and wise money management.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As I have previously said, I think sometimes I have Stockholm Syndrome with my car, thinking it’s not so bad or the bouncing is getting better. Maybe it’s breaking in. But, I realized tonight after my commute that it tires my neck out. The front muscles in particular are constantly straining from front to back bouncing. I am going to have to do it, even though changing the settings doesn’t seem easy.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As I have previously said, I think sometimes I have Stockholm Syndrome with my car, thinking it’s not so bad or the bouncing is getting better. Maybe it’s breaking in. But, I realized tonight after my commute that it tires my neck out. The front muscles in particular are constantly straining from front to back bouncing. I am going to have to do it, even though changing the settings doesn’t seem easy.
So, I am pulling the trigger today.

RP_GT

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'95 Vette LT1; '06 Mazda6 V6; '22 MME GT
Occupation
Elec. Engr.
Country flag
So, I am pulling the trigger today.
Sounds like a good plan. Let us know how it goes.

I am wondering if I will need this for my eventual GT (ordered March, delivery Oct?) to combat my bad motion sickness. I did finally get to ride in a MME GT for a short drive. Very stiff, but I kinda like that. There was only one place on a familiar uphill off ramp where it seemed under damped in the sense that took the uneven bit and then keep "oscillating" for a couple of extra front to back and front to back bounces. At least this gives us some options. One day I might get to actually drive a MME, but probably just when I take delivery. 😢

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I am wondering if I will need this for my eventual GT (ordered March, delivery Oct?) to combat my bad motion sickness. I did finally get to ride in a MME GT for a short drive. Very stiff, but I kinda like that. There was only one place on a familiar uphill off ramp where it seemed under damped in the sense that took the uneven bit and then keep "oscillating" for a couple of extra front to back and front to back bounces. At least this gives us some options. One day I might get to actually drive a MME, but probably just when I take delivery. 😢
I will let everyone know how it goes. But, yes, under damped is the problem.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

I think a car that sways and rocks is more likely to get someone sick - it is more like a boat in that respect. The GT rebounds quickly and does not sway or rock.
Sponsored