[L2 Charging Issue] Received the E-pony; all good except ...

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What, did I hear June! All I want to do is charge with a 240 outlet.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Here's an update from Ford research on this topic -
"The high voltage (HV) battery will not charge using a level 3 DC fast charging station/electrical vehicle supply equipment (EVSE). The HV battery will still charge with a level 1 and level 2 EVSE. The customer can disconnect the Level 3 DC fast charger coupler from the vehicle, then reconnect to reset the OBCC and allow charging. Engineering is currently working on a revised OBCC calibration to correct for this concern that should be available late May 2021. Let the customer know they can continue to drive the vehicle and schedule a follow-up appointment for repair in June 2021."

While I'm satisfied they acknowledged the issue, I'm unable to distinguish if mobile charger using 240V is Level 2. Based on their response, Level 2 should still work, but it isn't and they're talking about Level 3 as the known issue. Any thoughts?
It means they have acknowledged a problem with DCFC. By saying "The HV battery will still charge with a level 1 and level 2 EVSE", they really mean "if level 1 or 2 don't work, it's a different issue/fix."

OP
OP

arafeeq

First Name
Rafeeq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
After a gruesome 2 weeks of effort to diagnose the problem with the dealer, I still have no success. The dealer installed a 240V charger at their location, however, it was a 3 phase 208V split (read commercial) line - and it charged perfectly. My home outlet is powered by 2 phase 240V split line (read residential).

I was hoping that the first OTA update would fix the issue; however even after that the Level 2 - 240V charging at home doesn't work.

Not sure what to do from here.
Sponsored