Lane assist without BC subscription?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Anyone know what we get if we don’t renew BC?

My wife’s Aviator doesn’t have BC, but does have hands on lane keeping assist.

One thing about it I actually prefer? It’s on all the time above 40 mph. No cruise control needed.

Will the Mach E work that same way?

Follow up- how does the lane keep work on Mach Es that never had Bluecruise? Does it work like the Lincoln, or is it only available when cruise control is on?

Here is how the Lincoln works-

https://www.linautilus.com/lincoln_...ons_lane_keeping_system_limitations-1105.html
Sponsored

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I have been assuming that only hands-free would go away.

Those of us with 2021 Job 1's did not originally have BC installed on our cars, but features like lane centering and adaptive cruise control worked just fine.
I wonder if it depends on when you bought your car and how ford configured it. I had to pay $1900 for the BC package (2021 GT reservation). Those that didn't pay, didn't have the eye camera or 360 camera view. But is that the only difference?

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Mine (Select AWD) was built in April 2021. I have the Comfort and Technology Package, so all of the gear was there for BC. BC just wasn't ready at the time.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have been assuming that only hands-free would go away.

Those of us with 2021 Job 1's did not originally have BC installed on our cars, but features like lane centering and adaptive cruise control worked just fine.
How did they work though?

Is lane centering active all the time? Only above certain speeds, or only when cruise control on?

I just went out and checked my lane centering settings, and apparently since Oct 2021, i had it on “alert only.” I just changed it to “alert and aid,” so I guess I will see what that changes. It didn’t activate on my short drive to work.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Most people seem to trust that we'll continue to have hands-on Bluecruise (bubble around the car image, which is ACC and lane centering) without the subscription. I'm not so confident because my trust level with Ford is pretty low at the moment, and they seem desperate to go after subscription revenue.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Most people seem to trust that we'll continue to have hands-on Bluecruise (bubble around the car image, which is ACC and lane centering) without the subscription. I'm not so confident because my trust level with Ford is pretty low at the moment, and they seem desperate to go after subscription revenue.
What worries me is the terminology.

The little bubble is still called “Bluecruise.”

In fact with the little bubble the screen pops up and says “Bluecruise on.”

Ford Mustang Mach-E Lane assist without BC subscription? IMG_8244

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag

Is lane centering active all the time? Only above certain speeds, or only when cruise control on?

I just went out and checked my lane centering settings, and apparently since Oct 2021, i had it on “alert only.” I just changed it to “alert and aid,” so I guess I will see what that changes. It didn’t activate on my short drive to work.
I run with alert and aid. It sort of works w/o cruise on at 40 mph, but not very well IMHO. Much better when cruise is enabled. It might have gotten a little better recently after some OTA, or I am imagining it. This is one of my biggest gripes.

In contrast, my 2017 Audi worked extremely well (2 levels of "insistence") and I rarely used cruise. My wife's Honda has it as well but it has to be turned on every drive if you want it. Can't really say how well that work.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

Lane centering and lane keeping are two different things.

Lane centering is only active with cruise control (BCHF or BCHO). Lane centering works to actively hold you in the center of the lane while using cruise control.

Lane Keeping can be on all the time. Alert+Aid is for lane keeping not lane centering (lane keeping only does something if you drift out of the lane it can vibrate the steering wheel and nudge you back into the lane).

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lane centering and lane keeping are two different things.

Lane centering is only active with cruise control (BCHF or BCHO). Lane centering works to actively hold you in the center of the lane while using cruise control.

Lane Keeping can be on all the time. Alert+Aid is for lane keeping not lane centering (lane keeping only does something if you drift out of the lane it can vibrate the steering wheel and nudge you back into the lane).
Ok, it’s all starting to become more clear now.

I don’t think I saw a “lane centering” setting, but makes sense that that is what it’s doing with cruise.

So here would be the big question- is hands on lane centering available without the BC subscription?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Ok, it’s all starting to become more clear now.

I don’t think I saw a “lane centering” setting, but makes sense that that is what it’s doing with cruise.

So here would be the big question- is hands on lane centering available without the BC subscription?
Lane Centering with hands on cruise worked just fine before I got BCHF installed.

So I think BCHO + Lane Centering would work just fine without a subscription. That's the Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 package.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Lane assist without BC subscription? 1684853819205

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/features/technology/#smarten_up_your_drive

thumperr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
96 Probe, 2002 Explorer XLT, 2019 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
i have this question, the co-pilot 360 is not mentioned with the new 23 builds. How will ford account for this?
I had to pay for the co-pilot 360 like features with me 2019 Explorer. do I have to pay the 2100 for blue cruise in the new 23 Mach-e? It is not clear To me at this point.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
from the 2023 owner's manual:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Lane assist without BC subscription? Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 8.33.22 AM

that's it. the rest of the driving aids (adaptive cruise control, lane keeping, blind-spot info, cross-traffic alert, pre-collision assist, driver alert, speed sign recognition) should be available if the subscription lapses.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
i have this question, the co-pilot 360 is not mentioned with the new 23 builds. How will ford account for this?
I had to pay for the co-pilot 360 like features with me 2019 Explorer. do I have to pay the 2100 for blue cruise in the new 23 Mach-e? It is not clear To me at this point.
BlueCruise is a sub-feature of the Co-Pilot system. the overall Co-Pilot system is built into the pricing. if you ordered a MY23 before may 3, 2023 the cost of the BlueCruise feature is built into the price of the car (select has a 90-day trial, other trims have 3-yr subscription) and should have a bonus cash offer of $2,000. orders on/after may 3, 2023 have a lower starting price and all trims have a 90-day trial with the option of buying the BlueCruise subscription up front ($2,100) or in installments at annual ($800) or monthly ($75) intervals.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
lane keeping, blind-spot info, cross-traffic alert, pre-collision assist, driver alert, speed sign recognition) should be available if the subscription lapses.
Should.

What bothers some is the use of the BlueCruise name during adaptive cruise control. Hence the concern. If the concerns end up being valid, which I personally rather doubt, there will be a large hue and cry and probably pitchforks involved.
Sponsored