First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Should.

What bothers some is the use of the BlueCruise name during adaptive cruise control. Hence the concern. If the concerns end up being valid, which I personally rather doubt, there will be a large hue and cry and probably pitchforks involved.
...and torches...don't forget the torches.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
Should.

What bothers some is the use of the BlueCruise name during adaptive cruise control. Hence the concern. If the concerns end up being valid, which I personally rather doubt, there will be a large hue and cry and probably pitchforks involved.
definitely agree. some of the confusion comes from the fact BlueCruise enhances some of those features (adaptive cruise control becomes "intelligent", lane keeping becomes "lane centering", etc) when it is active so it isn't readily apparent what happens when the subscription goes away.

summerlinLV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Premium RWD; 22 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I don't see how Ford can charge for BC when it showed BC on my window sticker. It does not show that it is a subscription. The only thing that is a subscription that is shown on the window sticker is the built-in navigation. I think Ford has a hard time legally justify to charge for BC when it is shown on the window sticker that it is already part of the feature of the car.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I don't see how Ford can charge for BC when it showed BC on my window sticker. It does not show that it is a subscription. The only thing that is a subscription that is shown on the window sticker is the built-in navigation. I think Ford has a hard time legally justify to charge for BC when it is shown on the window sticker that it is already part of the feature of the car.
Agree, but that was my other thread discussing this exact point-

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/3-yrs-of-bluecruise-on-window-sticker.28138/

This wouldn’t be so complicated if Ford didn’t make all the naming so confusing and if they told us these things UP FRONT and quit changing them.

Reminds me of a story I had a manager tell me years ago about his customer experience story before work that day. It stuck with me.

He went to the Burger King drive through for breakfast. Ordered pancakes. Drove up, paid, got the pancakes, looked in the bag- no syrup.

He asked for syrup and they said “sorry we are out.”

Had they told him they were out of syrup when he ordered, no big deal. But now he already paid, got the pancakes and it’s too late to do anything.

People don’t like surprises. Even if it’s bad news, tell us up front!!

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
This wouldn’t be so complicated if Ford didn’t make all the naming so confusing and if they told us these things UP FRONT and quit changing them.
tell us up front!!
definitely this.

ford has been all over the map on these feature sets and what is covered under subscription so the confusion is warranted - not even ford knows.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
definitely agree. some of the confusion comes from the fact BlueCruise enhances some of those features (adaptive cruise control becomes "intelligent", lane keeping becomes "lane centering", etc) when it is active so it isn't readily apparent what happens when the subscription goes away.
Back before BC came along, it was simply called adaptive cruise control. If you selected speed sign recognition it was called Intelligent cruise control. Later they changed "intelligent cruise control" to "adaptive cruise control with speed sign recognition." Neither of those cruise control modes (adaptive/intelligent) used the eye or hand nanny at that time. They use both now. When my car reverts to non-HFBC status due to the trial period ending (there are no HFBC roads here), I fully expect the hand and eye many to stick around unfortunately.
You paid for the hardware. While I think that should entitle you, and everyone else in the same situation, to a discounted subscription rate compared to those who don't pay for the hardware upfront, Ford appears to disagree — except for Job 1 2021 cars where the purchaser signed an agreement for $600/3 years.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Its going to suck if we lose lane centering when the subscription ends. Lane keep assist just guarantees a ping pong effect. So essentially you need to steer, vs just keeping hands on the wheel.

summerlinLV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Premium RWD; 22 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Back before BC came along, it was simply called adaptive cruise control. If you selected speed sign recognition it was called Intelligent cruise control. Later they changed "intelligent cruise control" to "adaptive cruise control with speed sign recognition." Neither of those cruise control modes (adaptive/intelligent) used the eye or hand nanny at that time. They use both now. When my car reverts to non-HFBC status due to the trial period ending (there are no HFBC roads here), I fully expect the hand and eye many to stick around unfortunately.

You paid for the hardware. While I think that should entitle you, and everyone else in the same situation, to a discounted subscription rate compared to those who don't pay for the hardware upfront, Ford appears to disagree — except for Job 1 2021 cars where the purchaser signed an agreement for $600/3 years.
I believe that I paid for both the hardware and the software for the car. This is not just the software for BC, but all other software to operate the car. Otherwise, the entire car become a subscription.

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
BlueCruise is a sub-feature of the Co-Pilot system. the overall Co-Pilot system is built into the pricing. if you ordered a MY23 before may 3, 2023 the cost of the BlueCruise feature is built into the price of the car (select has a 90-day trial, other trims have 3-yr subscription) and should have a bonus cash offer of $2,000. orders on/after may 3, 2023 have a lower starting price and all trims have a 90-day trial with the option of buying the BlueCruise subscription up front ($2,100) or in installments at annual ($800) or monthly ($75) intervals.
Actually, some Selects, like my '22, with C/T package have 3 Yr. subscription.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I believe that I paid for both the hardware and the software for the car. This is not just the software for BC, but all other software to operate the car. Otherwise, the entire car become a subscription.
You are likely correct. I vaguely recall a $600 price hike on 2021 Job 2 cars. That would be the same as the Job 1 BC subscription for 3 years. All in all a mess in implementation.

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
This isn't accurate. The adaptive cruise can be intelligent without blue cruise. This is just a system of automatically changing the set speed of the cruise based on map and camera data. This has been available for a few years on other Ford cars that do not have Blue Cruise available. For instance the '21 Explorer which does not have Blue Cruise. While it is convenient to combine intelligent adaptive cruise and Blue Cruise they are 2 distinct features and can be used independently of each other.
Also, lane keeping and lane centering are 2 different functions that can also be used together or independently from each other. They also work without Blue Cruise as my '19 Edge has both and does not have Blue Cruise. The lane centering makes sure you are paying attention by monitoring torque inputs on the steering wheel. Thus why it can be tricked with a weight attached to the steering wheel. (Though Blue Cruise equipped cars appear to track eyes when using just lane centering and not Blue Cruise).
Blue Cruise simply allows you to activate Adaptive cruise and Lane centering and it uses eye tracking instead of steering wheel torque to monitor that you are paying attention. In order for Ford to be comfortable with you taking your hands off the wheel, they limit this option to specific roads that they have a detailed mapping of.

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
I suppose it would be the same as having Sirius/XM on the sticker. The car has it, but it doesn't do anything without the subscription.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
from the 2023 owner's manual:
Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 8.33.22 AM.png

that's it. the rest of the driving aids (adaptive cruise control, lane keeping, blind-spot info, cross-traffic alert, pre-collision assist, driver alert, speed sign recognition) should be available if the subscription lapses.
I'm a little confused by this message. I would interpret the screenshot and your comment to mean that lane centering (which is different than lane keeping) is NOT available without subscription. And that would be a really big deal.

thumperr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
96 Probe, 2002 Explorer XLT, 2019 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
BlueCruise is a sub-feature of the Co-Pilot system. the overall Co-Pilot system is built into the pricing. if you ordered a MY23 before may 3, 2023 the cost of the BlueCruise feature is built into the price of the car (select has a 90-day trial, other trims have 3-yr subscription) and should have a bonus cash offer of $2,000. orders on/after may 3, 2023 have a lower starting price and all trims have a 90-day trial with the option of buying the BlueCruise subscription up front ($2,100) or in installments at annual ($800) or monthly ($75) intervals.
thank you. I’m hoping to see what prices look like toward mid and end of June. or waiting till early august.
Sponsored