summerlinLV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Premium RWD; 22 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I suppose it would be the same as having Sirius/XM on the sticker. The car has it, but it doesn't do anything without the subscription.
I went back and look at my window sticker and it does not show Sirius/XM as a standard or optional equipment although it is included.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
I'm a little confused by this message. I would interpret the screenshot and your comment to mean that lane centering (which is different than lane keeping) is NOT available without subscription. And that would be a really big deal.
from the jan 2023 MY23 order guide:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Lane assist without BC subscription? Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 11.20.05 AM
Ford Mustang Mach-E Lane assist without BC subscription? Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 11.23.59 AM

whereas, the aug 2022 version of the MY23 order guide:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Lane assist without BC subscription? Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 11.21.51 AM
Ford Mustang Mach-E Lane assist without BC subscription? Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 11.22.36 AM

so, ford is definitely changing things midstream even at this late of a date. the MY21-22 years had similar changes in what was included.

it would be useful for ford to declare some specifics but they appear to be organizationally unable to do that.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
This isn't accurate. The adaptive cruise can be intelligent without blue cruise. This is just a system of automatically changing the set speed of the cruise based on map and camera data. This has been available for a few years on other Ford cars that do not have Blue Cruise available. For instance the '21 Explorer which does not have Blue Cruise. While it is convenient to combine intelligent adaptive cruise and Blue Cruise they are 2 distinct features and can be used independently of each other.
Also, lane keeping and lane centering are 2 different functions that can also be used together or independently from each other. They also work without Blue Cruise as my '19 Edge has both and does not have Blue Cruise. The lane centering makes sure you are paying attention by monitoring torque inputs on the steering wheel. Thus why it can be tricked with a weight attached to the steering wheel. (Though Blue Cruise equipped cars appear to track eyes when using just lane centering and not Blue Cruise).
Blue Cruise simply allows you to activate Adaptive cruise and Lane centering and it uses eye tracking instead of steering wheel torque to monitor that you are paying attention. In order for Ford to be comfortable with you taking your hands off the wheel, they limit this option to specific roads that they have a detailed mapping of.
thank you for the treatise. everything you've noted supports my statement that BlueCruise enhances other existing features and that it isn't clear what happens when the subscription on a Mach-E ends.

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
I went back and look at my window sticker and it does not show Sirius/XM as a standard or optional equipment although it is included.
I was talking more broadly than just the Mach-E. My point being that Ford "got away with" putting something on the window sticker that requires a subscription, so I don't see why this would be any different.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Lane assist without BC subscription? 1684868514348

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I'm a little confused by this message. I would interpret the screenshot and your comment to mean that lane centering (which is different than lane keeping) is NOT available without subscription. And that would be a really big deal.
The inexact terminology Ford uses to describe “Bluecruise” is what creates the confusion.

But here is the simple truth, before the “hands free” functionality was enabled, my 2021 had all the other driver assist tech which used to collectively be called CoPilot360 - including Intelligent Cruise Control and Lane Centering.

The “BlueCruise” that requires a subscription was just the hands-free bit - which turns your screen blue and enables the eye nanny in lieu of the hand nanny.

So when the subscription lapses, I think the odds are very high that the only thing you’ll lose is the hands-free function. If Ford tries to take anything else away from me, I’ll sue them. Seriously.

Another way of looking at this is “blue screen” versus “not blue screen.” I am highly confident that the only thing you’ll lose when the subscription lapses is “blue screen.” The only additional feature with “blue screen” is the hands-free bit. Everything else works with the non blue screen.

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thank you for the treatise. everything you've noted supports my statement that BlueCruise enhances other existing features and that it isn't clear what happens when the subscription on a Mach-E ends.
While you might be able to argue that it enhances the lane centering. It doesn't do anything to lane keeping, adaptive cruise, intelligent cruise or any of the other features that work exactly the same on other cars without Blue Cruise.
I think it's pretty clear that when the subscription ends, that enhancement ends and all those features that work the same and are named the same on cars without Blue Cruise will revert to that functionality.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
While you might be able to argue that it enhances the lane centering. It doesn't do anything to lane keeping, adaptive cruise, intelligent cruise or any of the other features that work exactly the same on other cars without Blue Cruise.

I think it's pretty clear that when the subscription ends, that enhancement ends and all those features that work the same and are named the same on cars without Blue Cruise will revert to that functionality.
Blue Cruise does not enhance the accuracy of Lane Centering. If anyone said that, there is absolutely zero evidence for that. The subscription was to swap the eye-nanny for the hand-nanny. Everything else I already had prior to the subscription.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
from the jan 2023 MY23 order guide:
Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 11.20.05 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 11.23.59 AM.png

whereas, the aug 2022 version of the MY23 order guide:
Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 11.21.51 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 11.22.36 AM.png

so, ford is definitely changing things midstream even at this late of a date. the MY21-22 years had similar changes in what was included.

it would be useful for ford to declare some specifics but they appear to be organizationally unable to do that.
The differences between those guides simply reflect the new features of BC 1.2.

Last edited:

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Blue Cruise does not enhance the accuracy of Lane Centering. If anyone said that, there is absolutely zero evidence for that. The subscription was to swap the eye-nanny for the hand-nanny. Everything else I already had prior to the subscription.
I completely agree, the "enhancement" is only in being able to remove your hands from the steering wheel. Honestly I'm not sure that's an enhancement but I was trying to meet kodiakng half way.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The inexact terminology Ford uses to describe “Bluecruise” is what creates the confusion.

But here is the simple truth, before the “hands free” functionality was enabled, my 2021 had all the other driver assist tech which used to collectively be called CoPilot360 - including Intelligent Cruise Control and Lane Centering.

The “BlueCruise” that requires a subscription was just the hands-free bit - which turns your screen blue and enables the eye nanny in lieu of the hand nanny.

So when the subscription lapses, I think the odds are very high that the only thing you’ll lose is the hands-free function. If Ford tries to take anything else away from me, I’ll sue them. Seriously.

Another way of looking at this is “blue screen” versus “not blue screen.” I am highly confident that the only thing you’ll lose when the subscription lapses is “blue screen.” The only additional feature with “blue screen” is the hands-free bit. Everything else works with the non blue screen.
Truly hope you're right!

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I was talking more broadly than just the Mach-E. My point being that Ford "got away with" putting something on the window sticker that requires a subscription, so I don't see why this would be any different.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Lane assist without BC subscription? 1684868514348
That is a good point about XM being on the sticker.

The important differences being-

1. I paid $1900 for a line item “Bluecruise”

and

2. Neither on the sticker, nor in the order guide does it mention “3 years“ except in reference to Navigation.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Lane assist without BC subscription? IMG_8488

Ford Mustang Mach-E Lane assist without BC subscription? IMG_8463

jpiazza67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium x
Country flag
Should.

What bothers some is the use of the BlueCruise name during adaptive cruise control. Hence the concern. If the concerns end up being valid, which I personally rather doubt, there will be a large hue and cry and probably pitchforks involved.
My window sticker says I have Copilot 360, Active 2.0 prep package. This gives my car (Job 1 sold 2/21) everything it needed for the later BC download. It's bought and part of the car, the BC is the subscription. It only covers hand free sometimes. Everything else is part of the car. That's my interpretation anyways.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
What worries me is the terminology.

The little bubble is still called “Bluecruise.”

In fact with the little bubble the screen pops up and says “Bluecruise on.”

IMG_8244.jpeg
My car does not have the face nanny or any other BC specific hardware.

When I turn on Adaptive Cruise, I get the blue circle just like shown in your picture.

Adaptive Cruise allows me to take my hands off the steering wheel for about 10-15 seconds before the car starts fussing at me. It keeps the car centered in the lane and adapts to the speed of the cars in front of me. It brings me to a complete stop, and will move again once traffic starts moving. I usually push on the go pedal to get it moving again after a stop. Because I am impatient.

With Adaptive Cruise off, Lane Assist is still on but it is much weaker than when cruise is on. It will not keep you centered. It will nudge you back into the lane if you stray too close to the edge of the lane. I think it will also buzz the steering wheel but I hate that feature and have it turned off.

jpiazza67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium x
Country flag
I got a verification from the Fordpass customer service. A Bluecruise subsription is for hands free driving only. My window sticker shows the following related standard equipment for my 2021 J1 MME Premium: Co-pilot 360, Active 2.0 Prep Package. Without BC, everything else but hands free will continue to work. I was told that the listed equipment is part of the car, not part of a subscription. Off topic slightly, but I also learned that Nav is $80/yr when it expires.
Sponsored