Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It definitely gets wonky in the rain/snow. Frankly, I’m surprised it works as well as it does in inclement weather.

When it was still snowy, I had a spray bottle and squeegee in the garage next to the MMe to keep the center part clean.
I spent most of a day driving in rain coming back from FL. Despite that, ACC/ICC worked fine all but an hour or two.
Sponsored

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Fine mist confuses ACC sonar on our Camry and it disengages with no backup available. Hard rain interestingly doesn’t. No lane centering on that car, so no ping pong. Kudos to Ford for having cruise control that supports three modes and can fall back to “standard” operation in rain from my point of view. We get a lot up here, the misty kind that challenges the Toyota models.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
One way I like to remember it, Is if you can't make out the lines on the road, the vehicle can't either. Although it actually does decent with weak markings.

It actually can do decent in some rain, but around here a lot of the lines lose all reflectivity when they get wet and almost disappear, especially in the evening when the sun is going down, but your headlights don't really do much yet.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I remember in my escape manual, there were explicit warnings not to use the ACC or lane keeping in inclement weather. I’m surprised there aren’t similar warnings in the Mustang Mach E manual (I haven’t read all of it yet).

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I remember in my escape manual, there were explicit warnings not to use the ACC or lane keeping in inclement weather. I’m surprised there aren’t similar warnings in the Mustang Mach E manual (I haven’t read all of it yet).
Page 213 is about as close to this as I quickly found (there may be other cautions)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Lane Keeping, ACC, darkness, and rain Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 2.30.00 PM
Sponsored