Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium, AWD, Extended Range, Rapid Red
Occupation
Semi-retired
Country flag
Anyone have any ideas about the Ford Options lease?
Is it fair? How much? What about the end (1 dealer told me that the turn in value of the Mach e could be a lesser value than Ford anticipates, therefore I would have to pay the difference!!!) My fear is that EV batteries will be Better-Lighter-Less Expensive in 36 months and lower the value of older EVs. This is why I want to lease an EV at this time.
Thanks
Rick G
Caught between Mach e and Model Y (Tesla may have the GREEN or CARS tax credit soon)
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Anyone have any ideas about the Ford Options lease?
Is it fair? How much? What about the end (1 dealer told me that the turn in value of the Mach e could be a lesser value than Ford anticipates, therefore I would have to pay the difference!!!) My fear is that EV batteries will be Better-Lighter-Less Expensive in 36 months and lower the value of older EVs. This is why I want to lease an EV at this time.
Thanks
Rick G
Caught between Mach e and Model Y (Tesla may have the GREEN or CARS tax credit soon)
The dealer is wrong and Options is not a lease. If you search on here for Options or Ford Options you’ll find lots of information on here. Start here:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ndard-lease-similarities-and-differences.883/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick Gentile

Rick Gentile

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-retired
Country flag

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are right... It is not a lease, but I think that it's the Turn-In value is what can vary. Unlike a lease which has a set value.
You are guaranteed a turn in value with Ford Options when you sign the contract. That amount on your contract can vary based on the vehicle trim and the number of miles you select per year. But if the vehicle is worth less than the balloon then you are covered. The market value of the vehicle does not determine how much you owe if you return the vehicle to Ford Credit at the end of your term. (Market value would only affect the value if you were to trade it in instead of returning)

If you return the vehicle at the end of the term a credit will be applied to your account equal to the balloon amount. You are then responsible for more if your full principal balance is not satisfied plus mileage/wear and the disposal fee.

Here is an example from my contract: see the 'third' option. Ford will apply an amount equal to your balloon regardless of the market value.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Leasing 1614603529819

OP
OP
Rick Gentile

Rick Gentile

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-retired
Country flag
You are guaranteed a turn in value with Ford Options when you sign the contract. That amount on your contract can vary based on the vehicle trim and the number of miles you select per year. But if the vehicle is worth less than the balloon then you are covered. The market value of the vehicle does not determine how much you owe if you return the vehicle to Ford Credit at the end of your term. (Market value would only affect the value if you were to trade it in instead of returning)

If you return the vehicle at the end of the term a credit will be applied to your account equal to the balloon amount. You are then responsible for more if your full principal balance is not satisfied plus mileage/wear and the disposal fee.

Here is an example from my contract: see the 'third' option. Ford will apply an amount equal to your balloon regardless of the market value.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Leasing 1614603529819
Thanks for the quick reply.
I think that this dealer didn't either know for sure or didn't want to get involver with the program. I have a second dealer now working up a quote today.
BTW, if you don't mind, what would the monthly payments be with the Ford Options program (I realize that it will vary depending on your ZIP code, up front costs, mileage, etc.)
Thanks
Rick

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I think that this dealer didn't either know for sure or didn't want to get involver with the program. I have a second dealer now working up a quote today.
BTW, if you don't mind, what would the monthly payments be with the Ford Options program (I realize that it will vary depending on your ZIP code, up front costs, mileage, etc.)
Thanks
Rick
If you follow the link that hybrid2bev shared, that thread has an Excel payment calculation sheet. you can work up estimated payments there.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks
Rick
If you go to the Ford.com site and build a Mach-E and configure it just as if you're going to order it. Then click on the "finance" calculator it will give you an estimated payment, but the purchase price amount does not include sales tax or other fees.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Leasing 1614606424228

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks
Rick
Or check out this calculator as mentioned above.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/poll-ford-options-vs-finance.2883/post-92089
Sponsored