Level 2 EVSE Recommendations

427sideoiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue GTPE
Country flag
Probably been covered here, but looking for recommendation for level 2 wall charger to use with Mach-E. I wired 6 gauge from a subpanel in my garage to 2 boxes (one in front of each bay - back wall) of my garage. Looking for a wallmounted unit to plug into 220. Would be nice to be able to control with app and schedule for overnight charging. I'd want to be able to do this for 2 vehicles and alternate charging times.

What are you using as a level 2 EVSE? What would you recommend?
I would suggest you watch this review for the Wallbox Pulsar Plus. It has the ability with a 2nd unit to power share a single circuit - which sounds like what you configured. It seems like it would deal with demand from each car so if one did not need much to reach its max charge, it would redirect the full power to the other car once the other one was done - instead of waiting on a scheduled time to start up.

Sponsored

OP
OP

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
For those debating buying a charger, in addition to faster charging, and not having to rely on FordPass or the vehicle for scheduling, keep in mind:

- your utility company may provide a rebate, and that rebate may be restricted to specific brands and/or models.

- if you're paying to have wiring done, you get back 30% of the cost of the wiring and charger cost in a tax credit.

Therefore, the true out of pocket cost of the charger MAY be very little, or in fact a profit.

Example:

JuiceBox 48 - $639 + 6% tax = $677.34
Less $500 rebate
Less 30% tax credit of 203.20

End cost = $25.86 PROFIT
I would suggest you watch this review for the Wallbox Pulsar Plus. It has the ability with a 2nd unit to power share a single circuit - which sounds like what you configured. It seems like it would deal with demand from each car so if one did not need much to reach its max charge, it would redirect the full power to the other car once the other one was done - instead of waiting on a scheduled time to start up.

Actually, I ran 2 circuits This was in anticipation of a second EV. Will probably use 2nd for welder or plasma cutter until then. The charge management is interesting to consider however.