First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So I got an amber light on my mobile charger today. Is this going to be a thing? The car didn’t charge last night like it’s programmed to (from 12am to 6am). No issues or notices in the app, it just didn’t charge. I unplugged it from the wall & back in. Light is blue again. Plugged car in and it started charging (which I don’t want it to do immediately), so I went to the app to stop it and wait until midnight. It’s now waiting to charge. Hoping this doesn’t become a thing. Just got the car last week.
First, be sure the pigtail is completely seated into the EVSE (mobile charger). It requires a very firm squeeze to fully seat.

If that's not it, here is troubleshooting info for the amber indicators:

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=usa&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False
Sponsored

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag

Paddy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lincoln PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the confirmation @TFLtommy , I was pretty sure that's what you had described on TFLtalk. We now have at least 2 owners reporting the exact same issue. It's definitely a weird one.
Three! I have had 4 different Level 2 chargers that haven't charged our 2021 Lincoln Corsair GT PHEV and two electricians who tested our 240VAC. The second electrician brought a new Juice Box and it would not charge, however, the owner brought his Tesla S over and it charged the Tesla fine. They concluded it is the car. Lincoln won't believe them because the car Level 2 charges at the dealer. The second electrician is a certified Tesla charging station installer. He says it is the same problem Tesla had until they changed software to allow more variance in the level of 240VAC supplied. He has seen the same with several Mach-e installations. There is a Ford Mach-e TSB that covers "charges at dealer but not at residence" Level 2 charging. The Lincoln dealer knows of the TSB but because it was not issued for the Corsair, he ignores it.

Attachments

BilLongua

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Three! I have had 4 different Level 2 chargers that haven't charged our 2021 Lincoln Corsair GT PHEV and two electricians who tested our 240VAC. The second electrician brought a new Juice Box and it would not charge, however, the owner brought his Tesla S over and it charged the Tesla fine. They concluded it is the car. Lincoln won't believe them because the car Level 2 charges at the dealer. The second electrician is a certified Tesla charging station installer. He says it is the same problem Tesla had until they changed software to allow more variance in the level of 240VAC supplied. He has seen the same with several Mach-e installations. There is a Ford Mach-e TSB that covers "charges at dealer but not at residence" Level 2 charging. The Lincoln dealer knows of the TSB but because it was not issued for the Corsair, he ignores it.
Yup, this is very likely your problem since I see you're in Illinois. I would guess that Lincoln will need to make a similar update available for their PHEVs, but there's not much your dealer will be able to do until that update is available. Does your Lincoln dealer also sell and service Fords?

BilLongua

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
So I ordered a new Wallbox charger for my garage. (Best deal was on Google Shopping). Instead of buying another Ford charger, it seemed like that one had the best reviews and overall design for the price. I’ll let you all know if my car blows up.

Paddy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lincoln PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yup, this is very likely your problem since I see you're in Illinois. I would guess that Lincoln will need to make a similar update available for their PHEVs, but there's not much your dealer will be able to do until that update is available. Does your Lincoln dealer also sell and service Fords?
Wickstrom Ford/Lincoln in Barrington, IL. They have had the car in 4 times for a total 26 days. They refuse to believe it is anything but our wiring. I have now taken it to Rohrman Lincoln in Schaumburg, IL. The car charged there but they have not closed the ticket as I gave them the Mach-e TSB and they want to check it out. They complain that Ford does not share issues with them and, even if it is the fix, they cannot be paid to do it because it is a Ford TSB. What a company!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
They complain that Ford does not share issues with them and, even if it is the fix, they cannot be paid to do it because it is a Ford TSB. What a company!
Well, they're correct that they can't apply this Ford TSB to a Lincoln since it's a software update that won't show up in FDRS for your car. Lincoln will need to issue a module update of their own.

ABMust

First Name
ALBMustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium EXTended
Country flag
the question here is if you can charge your MME with 277VAC. ??? thats it!
Sponsored