Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am still on Power Update 1.6 and working fine since the original charging update back in April. Now I am worried to get the same issue once I get the newer power update.
Same here 1.6 with 12V also but I did have the paak update done as well. As you all working pretty well.

You have the option to go into the vehicle settings => updates and switching auto updates to off until you have more information and/or feel more comfortable updating.
Sponsored

gtin

First Name
Gilberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX5, Mach-E AWD SR RR
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Country flag
I had the Paak update done at the dealer 2 weeks ago plus an unsuccessful 1.7.1 update that later show up at fordpass as unsuccessful also done at the dealer. After the update, neither my chargepoint or the ford charger can charge my car at level 2. Before the update, I never had any issues charging. 1.7.1 update was successful yesterday via OTA but it did not fixthe charging issue.

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag
I’m wondering if Ford forgot to include the patch in 1.7.1 which fixed the charging problem.

tkompass

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford F150 2008 Audi A8L 2021
Occupation
Auto shop owner
Country flag
I am in Chicago area. I can not charge with the 240v any longer. Have you figured anything out?
Did you just get the new power update? Mine stopped charging since this update.

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag
Still on 1.6.0…..just checked to be sure.

tkompass

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford F150 2008 Audi A8L 2021
Occupation
Auto shop owner
Country flag
Went to dealer to have the charging update reloaded and its charging again. Also had them do the PAAK recall. All is well for now.:)

Edgardk

First Name
Edgard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti QX80, Ford Escape hybrid, MME Premium 4x
Country flag
Went to dealer to have the charging update reloaded and its charging again. Also had them do the PAAK recall. All is well for now.:)
Good for you. On Monday I got the 1.7.1 update and so far I have been able to charge at home.

Petey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 GT-Line, 2022 Premium AWD ER (I hope!)
Country flag
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I don't have my car yet and have a question -

I see people talking about taking the car to the dealer for an update. Won't the car do his on it's own at home when connected to WiFi? Are there certain cases where you are required to take it to the dealer for an update? OTA updates is supposed to be a selling feature - thanks!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I don't have my car yet and have a question -

I see people talking about taking the car to the dealer for an update. Won't the car do his on it's own at home when connected to WiFi? Are there certain cases where you are required to take it to the dealer for an update? OTA updates is supposed to be a selling feature - thanks!
Oh, Petey. If only! ?‍♂

Ok we have had like five to seven OTA updates this year. BUT, Ford is still working out the kinks so most of them have been minor bug fixes, so far. Some of the modules are green lit, others are still in the works. So depending on which modules need fixes, we either have to get them addressed at a dealer, or wait indefinitely for an OTA.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

Oh boy, your newness on the forum is showing heavily! Basically OTA for modules is broken until further notice. Ford has been working on it all year and hasn't really made any significant progress. They found out it was a lot harder to make work than they thought. That means if you need any kind of update, you need to take it to the dealer. It will probably be a another year before your car will get useful OTA module updates.

Carini

First Name
Goose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Are you both in the Chicago area? There was an earlier issue with Chicago's electric utility. Maybe the new update brought back some old settings.
Some days mine works and others it doesn't.

ktgeek

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10FusionHybrid,'18Expedition, RapidRed MME AWD eR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Some days mine works and others it doesn't.
This past 24 hours is the first time since the original "make IL charge again" patch that I haven't been able to 240v charge at home. But I haven't gotten a software update in the past day or so that I'm aware of.

Maybe the wind broke comed again?

BilLongua

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
So I got an amber light on my mobile charger today. Is this going to be a thing? The car didn’t charge last night like it’s programmed to (from 12am to 6am). No issues or notices in the app, it just didn’t charge. I unplugged it from the wall & back in. Light is blue again. Plugged car in and it started charging (which I don’t want it to do immediately), so I went to the app to stop it and wait until midnight. It’s now waiting to charge. Hoping this doesn’t become a thing. Just got the car last week.

Dylancch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
This has been discussed in several other threads, but you do need a neutral in a NEMA 14-50 outlet, even if the charger doesn't use it. If you hard wired the charger you don't need it, but the outlet does.
Correct I believe it uses the neutral as a reference
Sponsored