OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Golf Mill Ford in Niles. I’ve been having the issue since the first week I’ve had the car in February and so many have had a very similar experience too, but it’s strange that I was able to charge without any issues for about 2 weeks in April. Thanks so much- I’ll for sure PM you.
My car has been fine since the update, so if you're not getting results, go to the other dealer. This was not an OTA fix, the dealer will need it for at least three hours. Good luck!
Sponsored

kfer

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mach-E Premium
Occupation
High School Science Teacher
Country flag
My car has been fine since the update, so if you're not getting results, go to the other dealer. This was not an OTA fix, the dealer will need it for at least three hours. Good luck!
Thanks! They did the update yesterday and it didn’t work. They’re going to try it again today- let’s hope it works this time!

kfer

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Country flag
I sure hope it does. Fingers crossed.
So it was updated again yesterday at the dealer and still isn’t charging on the 240. Dealer has been much more helpful and has been in contact with the Ford engineering team. Ford is aware that this update is not working on some cars and are apparently figuring out a solution/ new update. Unfortunately my car is one of those few, so I’m playing the waiting game again.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
So it was updated again yesterday at the dealer and still isn’t charging on the 240. Dealer has been much more helpful and has been in contact with the Ford engineering team. Ford is aware that this update is not working on some cars and are apparently figuring out a solution/ new update. Unfortunately my car is one of those few, so I’m playing the waiting game again.
It is coming. My car got the second update installed last Friday. After that update, I have been able to fully charge at home. Just to verify, you are able to charge from a 240V at the dealer.....just not at home? If it is the former, you may have a different issue as all of us (or almost all) was having a problem charging from a 240V at our homes.

Thanks,

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
It is coming. My car got the second update installed last Friday. After that update, I have been able to fully charge at home. Just to verify, you are able to charge from a 240V at the dealer.....just not at home? If it is the former, you may have a different issue as all of us (or almost all) was having a problem charging from a 240V at our homes.

Thanks,
Has Ford issued a new TSB for v2.0 of the update, @Brademcee? I'm not charging very often right now, so my fear is that all of a sudden it won't work. I've literally only plugged in twice since I got the car back from the dealer a few weeks ago.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has Ford issued a new TSB for v2.0 of the update, @Brademcee? I'm not charging very often right now, so my fear is that all of a sudden it won't work. I've literally only plugged in twice since I got the car back from the dealer a few weeks ago.
Sounds like it will be pushed out to all dealers next week, or at least that is their plan. I’ll ask him for the bulletin info when it’s released.

kfer

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Country flag

Thanks,
The dealer didn’t have a 240 outlet. It doesn’t charge on the 240 at my house. Hopefully I’ll be able to get that new update soon.

Edgardk

First Name
Edgard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti QX80, Ford Escape hybrid, MME Premium 4x
Country flag

Thanks,
Is this 2nd update for all the car which got the first version or just the cars with unresolved issue with the first version because since I got my update over 2 weeks, I didn’t have any issues charging at 240V at home.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is this 2nd update for all the car which got the first version or just the cars with unresolved issue with the first version because since I got my update over 2 weeks, I didn’t have any issues charging at 240V at home.
Just if you are still having an issue. It is not required if after the first update you are no longer having any issues. Since I got the 2nd update it has been rock solid.

kfer

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Country flag
Update: as of June 23 I am able to charge on a 240 outlet! Brought the car in on Monday again because dealer was in contact with Ford engineering so more modules were updated. Car is charging now at home! It took 4 months for a fix so I hope this is the last of my charging issues.

tkompass

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford F150 2008 Audi A8L 2021
Occupation
Auto shop owner
Country flag
Same problem again since new power update 1.7.1. Cannot charge at home but works fine everywhere else :(

Carini

First Name
Goose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Same problem again since new power update 1.7.1. Cannot charge at home but works fine everywhere else :(
I am in Chicago area. I can not charge with the 240v any longer. Have you figured anything out?

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I am in Chicago area. I can not charge with the 240v any longer. Have you figured anything out?
Are you both in the Chicago area? There was an earlier issue with Chicago's electric utility. Maybe the new update brought back some old settings.

Edgardk

First Name
Edgard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti QX80, Ford Escape hybrid, MME Premium 4x
Country flag
I am still on Power Update 1.6 and working fine since the original charging update back in April. Now I am worried to get the same issue once I get the newer power update.
Sponsored