License Plate Wrap - Anyone have experience?

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
unfortunately the dealership attached the front bracket despite me insisting otherwise for 6 months. still worth the trouble of removing it and replacing with the sticker? I have to plug the holes first and then get ppf done. anybody know the cost of the vinyl plate?
$85 from License Plate Wrap
Sponsored

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
what does the plate mean?
"Apex Torque".

Meaning 1: When racing around a corner, you want to get to the inside edge of the corner, and then swing out to the outside of the corner. That "rounds out" the corner, giving it a bigger radius...which allows you to attack it at a higher speed. The inside of the turn, at the point you get closest to it, is known as "the apex". The advantage of all EV motors is that their torque (twisting force) is the same at all speeds, irrespective of motor rpm. ICE engines behave VERY differently, having a PEAK torque at 3,000-5,000 rpms, with much less torque below and somewhat less torque above the peak-torque-rpm figure. This makes all EVs into little torque monsters, able to have higher exit speeds out of corners.

Meaning 2: "Apex" is a synonym for "highest", so APXTORQ means "highest torque". At 634 lb/ft of torque, available at all revs, my GTPE is very much a torque monster. Autocross favors cars with high torque, not high horsepower.

Last edited:

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I just ordered mine this weekend. I about ripped off the Sto-N-Sho bracket and had to take it off (hanging) in a parking lot. The bracket is just too low for me and the curbs keep trying their best to rip off the plate. ;) I am going to put mine between the grill and the lower black skirt, on the painted section. I am also researching the 3M vvivid clear paint protection film to put underneath the vinyl plate, so I can remove it easily. I am waiting on black vanity plates to compliement the cyber orange versus the white plates. I definately want to be able to remove the white vinyl and then put on the black. That is where the 3m product comes in. In either case, I want to put the 3M product under the vinyl plate and between the paint. I did the same on my car pool stickers.
Sponsored