Lift Gate occasionally opens on its own?!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I know there were some complaints early on about this. I thought Ford had fixed it. Hadn’t happened for me in about 6mos.

I have the very most recent OTA updates re PAAK and door latches. Today, leaving work, the car detected my PAAK upon approach, woke up, and then opens the lift gate on its own - in a parking garage directly beneath a low concrete column. I dropped everything to lunge toward the door and stop it just an inch shy of the column. I then got in the car, and was told “no key detected.”

Anybody else experience this? I am so sick of the gremlins with this car!!!!
Sponsored

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know there were some complaints early on about this. I thought Ford had fixed it. Hadn’t happened for me in about 6mos.

I have the very most recent OTA updates re PAAK and door latches. Today, leaving work, the car detected my PAAK upon approach, woke up, and then opens the lift gate on its own - in a parking garage directly beneath a low concrete column. I dropped everything to lunge toward the door and stop it just an inch shy of the column. I then got in the car, and was told “no key detected.”

Anybody else experience this? I am so sick of the gremlins with this car!!!!

During almost two years, it’s never happened to me until today!!
Coincidentally I had my arms full of packages for the trunk, so I was impressed, grateful and didn’t give it another thought until now.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I acci-opened mine the other day at the drivers rear tire. My shoes have a bunch of monofilament reflective stuff in them, not sure if that as the cause as my foot never went under the car as I shimmied past the drivers side.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I was a guinea pig for Ford to see if they could resolve it by completely re-building my rear hatch.

I don't think anyone knows the exact cause of it, but it was suspected to be moisture getting into the electronic components. It could be that they fixed it on my car, but they screwed up and let water get inside so they replaced the electronics yet again. It hasn't happened since the second replacement, but I barely drive it anymore so no concrete evidence that it worked or didn't yet.
Sponsored