Lots of bugs... (activation & connected services fails)

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Is anyone seeing a change in Ford Pass app? My iOS app updated two days ago and no longer shows if the car is plugged in or not. Also, there used to be a refresh button that has need removed. It looks like the added “drag down” to refresh the pages but now I can’t see if the car is charging either.

4C06410B-4FA5-41EE-954D-7CFD8A625D36.jpeg

9280167D-BD93-4A24-A703-A5FDB67D6AEB.jpeg

OP
OP
TheVirtualTim

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Is anyone seeing a change in Ford Pass app? My iOS app updated two days ago and no longer shows if the car is plugged in or not. Also, there used to be a refresh button that has need removed. It looks like the added “drag down” to refresh the pages but now I can’t see if the car is charging either.
It's still there but you have to dig for it.

Tap "Vehicle" (at the bottom), then "Manage EV", then "Manage Charging" ... and it'll show you the status.

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
It's still there but you have to dig for it.

Tap "Vehicle" (at the bottom), then "Manage EV", then "Manage Charging" ... and it'll show you the status.
Thanks! Too bad it is not at a glance, like phones show state of charge so you know it is charging. Even a simple lightning bolt indicator would be good. I also get a strange shutter of the whole interface after dragging down to refresh the pages.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maybe this is a good thread for @Ford Team to look into?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Mine updated yesterday and the charging status went away. However, today on a new charging session its back.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Thanks! Too bad it is not at a glance, like phones show state of charge so you know it is charging. Even a simple lightning bolt indicator would be good. I also get a strange shutter of the whole interface after dragging down to refresh the pages.
I have seen the shutter effect a few times. The App for sure is not robust. It has not shown the home charging station in saved location for hours and then shows it , I am still learning what teh app does.
One thing I am concerned with the App is the rear trunk button - accidentally my fingers land on that a few times and on the first night I had to run to the garage to make sure the rear trunk did not open and destroy the closed garage door or worse the MME. That button worries me the most on that screen.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have seen the shutter effect a few times. The App for sure is not robust. It has not shown the home charging station in saved location for hours and then shows it , I am still learning what teh app does.
One thing I am concerned with the App is the rear trunk button - accidentally my fingers land on that a few times and on the first night I had to run to the garage to make sure the rear trunk did not open and destroy the closed garage door or worse the MME. That button worries me the most on that screen.
You have to press and hold for like 5 seconds before any of those buttons will do anything.
Sponsored