Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Switched out the center caps, I also ordered new electric Mach E logo center caps. photo attached.

20230531_134755.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-31 140054.jpg

NuAlphaMan

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Picked up my car on Monday, new wheels installed on Wednesday :cool:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures Screenshot 2023-05-31 140054

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures Screenshot 2023-05-31 140054

Hey, I'm thinking about getting these wheels. Since you didn't have the car long before you changed the wheels, I guess you wouldn't have an idea of the range you were getting with the stock wheels. So, since you've put them on, what type of range are you getting? What's the specs for your car?

LanceL218

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ldlnet.net
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E California Route 1 Edition
Occupation
IT
Country flag

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag

JoBe

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD LR
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hi all,

I have read through this thread maybe three times and am still trying to work up the courage go ”wider” than oem. There are so many good looking set ups and options in this thread that are really inspiring. It has been really helpful reading and I think I finally know what I want.

But, as I regularly load up the mme with three kids and a wife plus the usual ”good to have with kids onboard” I still have worries about rubbing, mainly on the outsides. Speed bumps are very popular in my area for some mysterious reason.

The wheel and tire setup I want to buy atm is 9x20 et 38,5 rims and 255/45R20 tires. Asking those here that have tried this or wider. With this combination, and my ”usual” load as stated above, would rubbing be an issue with this combination do you think?

Thanks in advance.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
My setup is very similar 20x8.5 +45 255/45/20 105 XL running at 36psi. No rubbing issues whatsoever. Also with the lower pressure it took some of the harshness out of the ride.

The wheel offset will make the biggest difference in your setup. I like a setup that is recessed from the wheel arch lip so the +45 offset is perfect for that. Initially went with a 20x9 +35 offset they stuck outside of the front wheel wells I didn't like the look but that's a personal preference

20230531_134755.jpg

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi all,

I have read through this thread maybe three times and am still trying to work up the courage go ”wider” than oem. There are so many good looking set ups and options in this thread that are really inspiring. It has been really helpful reading and I think I finally know what I want.

But, as I regularly load up the mme with three kids and a wife plus the usual ”good to have with kids onboard” I still have worries about rubbing, mainly on the outsides. Speed bumps are very popular in my area for some mysterious reason.

The wheel and tire setup I want to buy atm is 9x20 et 38,5 rims and 255/45R20 tires. Asking those here that have tried this or wider. With this combination, and my ”usual” load as stated above, would rubbing be an issue with this combination do you think?

Thanks in advance.
Hey Johan, I agree with Brian above and having an offset of around 45 will definitely keep the tire sidewall inset from the wheel arch lip. However, to answer your question if you will have problems running a 38.5 offset with 20x9 wheels and 255/45/20 tires, no you will not. My fronts right now are 34 offset with the same size wheels and tires and I have the car lowered with no issues whatsoever. As far as the rears, from the factory they are set in a few mm more so you will have even more clearance back there so you will be fine running that setup.

JoBe

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD LR
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thank you Brian and Mark. The rims I am looking at also come in smaller sizes but hearing from you I will choose the wider stance as I wanted.

Thanks again, and I hope to be able return with some pics in a couple of weeks.

/J

JoBe

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD LR
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Driving home from work the other day, daydreaming in slow moving heavy traffic, someone ahead did a sudden stop and I bumped into the car in front at maybe 10 mph. The car is not seriously damaged but repairs are needed. Insured and covered to 100%, but repair wont be until August due to lack of parts. And I had plans for this car. Guess they will have to wait a bit.

But to the point, @markboris and @tuminatr, since you both were kind enough to reply to my question earlier. How much poke outside of the fender should I expect with my proposed setup? If any? I tried the online calculators but your experience is worth more.

Thanks

JavaCoolDude

First Name
Abba Zabba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Select
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hello,
I am the happy owner of a Blue 2023 Mach-E Select.
I am thinking about ditching my stock 18" tires for the wheels and tires you see on this showroom beast.
Can any of you fine people help me locate what I'm looking for online?
I also want the calipers covers and the Mustang wheels cap
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures Mach-E
Thank you!

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello,
I am the happy owner of a Blue 2023 Mach-E Select.
I am thinking about ditching my stock 18" tires for the wheels and tires you see on this showroom beast.
Can any of you fine people help me locate what I'm looking for online?
I also want the calipers covers and the Mustang wheels cap
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Aftermarket wheel and tire information and pictures Mach-E
Thank you!
Those wheels are the GT Performance Edition wheels in black because that is the Night Pony edition. You should be able to buy those wheels in their standard form from several suppliers online for around $1400 the set and then you can have them painted or plasti diped.

JavaCoolDude

First Name
Abba Zabba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Select
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Those wheels are the GT Performance Edition wheels in black because that is the Night Pony edition. You should be able to buy those wheels in their standard form from several suppliers online for around $1400 the set and then you can have them painted or plasti diped.
Hey Mark,
Thank you for the prompt reply, much appreciated.
Is there a set a of tires you would recommend to go along with the wheels?
Thanks again

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey Mark,
Thank you for the prompt reply, much appreciated.
Is there a set a of tires you would recommend to go along with the wheels?
Thanks again
Don't get me started on tires..... I have tested 9 different ones on the Mach-E and it all depends on what you are looking for in a tire. Being in SoCal, I would assume an all-season would work well for you if you sometimes go to the snow or see temps below 45˚. Also and all-season will last longer and are quieter with a softer ride. If you want more performance you can go with a summer tire but you will loose some of those things. Then there is range. Some want to squeeze every last mile out of their car while others, like me, are more into a well performing, quiet, smooth riding tire. For that you should go with a high performance all-season tire but they can get quite expensive.

There are many many threads here on tires for the Mach-E. If you have some time, search and there will be quite a bit of reading to do.

I would personally go one size larger than come stock on the GTPE to a 255/45/20. There are many more options in that size and you can run the pressure a few pounds less giving you a better ride and still maintain the load rating Ford recommends. Here is one of my posts of EV tires for the Mach-E available in the US if you are looking for that type of tire and at the end a few of my non-EV tire recommendations https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/tire-suggestions.28543/page-3#post-653387

This thread I posted is more about running staggered wheel/tire setup but I do have short reviews of tires I have tested https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/my-staggered-wheel-tire-setups-info-specs-opinions.28097/

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Ive got Firestone Indy 500 tires and love them !
Sponsored