Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
When do you guess FE production will be finished?
That depends on how many FEs are being produced, when FE production will begin, and the throughput of the assembly line. We don't have answers to any of those yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
That depends on how many FEs are being produced, when FE production will begin, and the throughput of the assembly line. We don't have answers to any of those yet.
Very true.

If I was to speculate I would say by mid-October that all of the FE for the NA market would have been made. Guessing that the first ones are made by mid-September for mid-November customer delivery. From what I’ve heard there will be about 3k FE. So maybe 4-5 weeks worth of production time to account for the ramp up time.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
Well, just for some wild guess fun speculation --- I’ll put some numbers out and if I am close maybe I’ll earn a beer.

Assumption #1 --- Ford needs to build 50,000 Mach-E’s in about 52 weeks or about 1,000 / Week so assembly line will be setup to do at least that rate.

Assumption #2 --- The % of FE to the total reservation and order lists available here on the forums is approx. 17%. So 17% of the 20,000 N.A. allotment is about 3,500 First Editions.

Assumption #3 --- Ford gets the line up and running in the next 8 weeks or around the beginning of Sept. and pushes these out in about 3 ½ weeks.

This part I like --- We all get delivery of our new First Edition’s in the first part of October in time to make some of the Mustang Club of America Shows / Rally’s and show them off. :)

Note : Aggh --- hybrid2bev beat my reply, but actually we are not that far apart on our speculations.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Note : Aggh --- hybrid2bev beat my reply, but actually we are not that far apart on our speculations.
I like your speculation. Last I heard was mid to late November for first deliveries. We’ll see. I’d like your timing better so I can get my Premium sooner than expected.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The local fleet manager called me after I placed my order and we spoke for awhile. He said they were expecting the FE in September originally, but now think by November FEs would be in and a good % of Premium delivered by end of December. We'll see.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I've been chatting with my contact in Cuautitlan. These seem about right but production could be starting in August. I'm preparing an update for that thread now.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Assumption #1 --- Ford needs to build 50,000 Mach-E’s in about 52 weeks or about 1,000 / Month so assembly line will be setup to do at least that rate.
I assume that's a type and you meant 1000/week.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I mostly agree. Except with these tweaks.

My guess on that part is:
1) All FEs have to convert by 31 July. They will definitely be delivered first among the customer units. They will probably all be produced by reservation timestamp order since orders will be in well before production starts.

2) Premium production will begin before 31 December immediately after the FE and Among those who order well ahead of production start (maybe 31 August?), production will be by timestamp order.

3) Cars will be produced based on orders in hand. Late Premium reservations (before 31 December) will be honored before they start cranking out and they will be mixed in with Selects and CA Route 1s for early 2021 delivery. Of course, at some point the European orders start to get mixed in too.

4) Production will begin before everyone converts to an order. Once your order is received and production has started for your trim level you'll be put into the next available spot in the production queue and prioritized by timestamp.

Punchline: if you want your premium in 2020, don't dawdle too long on your ordering.
After I converted the reservation to an order this morning, I (and many others) were given our same reservation numbers as the “order number”. How does that get taken into account in the queue process?

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After I converted the reservation to an order this morning, I (and many others) were given our same reservation numbers as the “order number”. How does that get taken into account in the queue process?
It doesn’t. Your reservation time stamp determines your production sequencing priority. Not your order number/reservation number.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I went to look at the owner.ford.com site to potentially convert, and I noticed the Account page is a lot nicer. My guess is that it was updated because of us jokers and our Mustangs ;)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E customer order bank will open June 26! 1593297321809

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
OK, I'm looking at my order page, and I see no way to change the options or color on my First Edition. Is there some obvious thing I'm missing???

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
OK, I'm looking at my order page, and I see no way to change the options or color on my First Edition. Is there some obvious thing I'm missing???
never mind, it's in the FAQ:

Can I change my reservation configuration before I submit my order?
Yes, you can modify your configuration prior to order (this excludes First Edition reservationists, please contact Dealer to make changes.)​

this is dumb.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Others with FE reservations have reported the same issue. If you need to make changes, I would wait until help line is open tomorrow.
Sponsored