Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My recent experience in purchasing a new automobiles from Ford, specifically the Mach E GT has been the most disappointing that I have ever experienced. I have purchased more the 10 new cars in my life and this interaction has been like no other. After purchasing the car on April 16, 2022 that I had been waiting for since i placed the order on July 4,2021, I was about to leave the dealership when a fault light came on indicating a critical issue with the transmission. The dealership took a look and said the car was inoperable due to the Transmission - Selector Assembly defect.

Now six weeks later the only information I have is that the part is on "back order" with zero visibility as to a timeframe for delivery. The dealership and Ford Customer Care Representatives have opened emergency cases and are very polite but unable or unwilling to provide any details as to when the car will be drivable. Again, I feel so completely let down by a world wide corporation that places a car into production without spare parts being available to service it and who offer polite lip service to the customer but with no follow through as to actually mitigating the quality defect.

Dejected,
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My recent experience in purchasing a new automobiles from Ford, specifically the Mach E GT has been the most disappointing that I have ever experienced. I have purchased more the 10 new cars in my life and this interaction has been like no other. After purchasing the car on April 16, 2022 that I had been waiting for since i placed the order on July 4,2021, I was about to leave the dealership when a fault light came on indicating a critical issue with the transmission. The dealership took a look and said the car was inoperable due to the Transmission - Selector Assembly defect.

Now six weeks later the only information I have is that the part is on "back order" with zero visibility as to a timeframe for delivery. The dealership and Ford Customer Care Representatives have opened emergency cases and are very polite but unable or unwilling to provide any details as to when the car will be drivable. Again, I feel so completely let down by a world wide corporation that places a car into production without spare parts being available to service it and who offer polite lip service to the customer but with no follow through as to actually mitigating the quality defect.

Dejected,
Welcome to the new world of broken supply chains.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag

Dejected,
This isn't just Ford, it's every manufacturer and every industry. I've been waiting on a part for my Christmas light show since last November and have no idea when it will arrive. I've been waiting on a part for my laser engraver since March and every month they've been adding a month to the delivery date, now supposedly July.

Everybody is at the mercy of the supply chain especially if any of the parts come from China which is in lockdown in many areas right now. And, what company isn't beholden to China for parts?

KidGalahad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Select
Country flag
Not a supply chain issue, but just to share a small part of my awful buying experience: the brand new Mach-E I purchased was given to me with less than 20% charge. My first thought was that they were going to walk me thru the charging process, which would have been an amazing buyer experience. Instead, I was sent on my was to experience range anxiety immediately. I guess they were preparing me for life with an electric car 😂

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Not a supply chain issue, but just to share a small part of my awful buying experience: the brand new Mach-E I purchased was given to me with less than 20% charge. My first thought was that they were going to walk me thru the charging process, which would have been an amazing buyer experience. Instead, I was sent on my was to experience range anxiety immediately. I guess they were preparing me for life with an electric car 😂
Yikes. My dealer was hesitant to deliver when I wanted as they said they couldn’t guarantee it charged to 100%. I said I was happy with 80% if it meant I could get it on my schedule as I did have a bit of a drive. It was at 80% when I took delivery.

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
My dealer had a "rule" that it had to be delivered at 100%. When I arrived at the dealer to pick it up, they said it was on the charger. Three hours later I told them to unplug it and I would drive it home (about 90% as I recall). They could have called me and told me it was on the charger and not to come in until it was at 100%.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
My car was delivered to my house by the salesmen (40 miles from my house) the day after purchase with about 80% charge. This is not a "Ford" issue, it's a dealer issue.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My dealer had a "rule" that it had to be delivered at 100%. When I arrived at the dealer to pick it up, they said it was on the charger. Three hours later I told them to unplug it and I would drive it home (about 90% as I recall). They could have called me and told me it was on the charger and not to come in until it was at 100%.
My car was delivered to my house by the salesmen (40 miles from my house) the day after purchase with about 80% charge. This is not a "Ford" issue, it's a dealer issue.
The MME is supposed to be at 100% charge when the customer takes delivery at the dealer. Several things can effect the soc, including taking delivery somewhere other than the dealer and plugging the car in a bit late prior to delivery. Many people, dealers and owners alike, do not understand just how slow that last 1% is on any L2 charger.

In my case, if the dealer had started from their shop at 100% and brought the car to me, I’d have seen about 36% upon arrival. 80% isn’t all that out of line imo for delivery to a house.

KidGalahad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Select
Country flag
I could go on and on about how awful my experience was. I'm just happy I got the car I wanted, and hopefully I won't have to deal with them again. I've already found another Ford dealership for support.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the shifter. Has @Ford Motor Company from this forum contacted you?