SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag
I had a very weird issue when I picked up my Mach-E yesterday. I finished everything, inspected many of the items on this list as best I could and everything seemed cool. I had not done a test drive because it was terrible weather. Anyway, on my way out of the dealership, I heard a LOUD popping sound as I turned the wheel. I quickly turned into a parking spot and checked under the front wheels and saw a huge rubber spacer (?) that was in the springs/suspension. I assume Ford puts these in the springs for some protection reason during shipping??

Anyway, So the dealership put it up on a lift and successfully removed the rubber spacer. No issues once removed so just FYI for everyone, check that the dealership removed this item assuming Ford puts these on all Mach-E's for delivery.
Well, that proves that your dealer doesn't do a good Quality Check before delivery...
Sponsored

YAbo71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium, 2021 GMC 2500HD AT4 Diesel
Country flag
I had a very weird issue when I picked up my Mach-E yesterday. I finished everything, inspected many of the items on this list as best I could and everything seemed cool. I had not done a test drive because it was terrible weather. Anyway, on my way out of the dealership, I heard a LOUD popping sound as I turned the wheel. I quickly turned into a parking spot and checked under the front wheels and saw a huge rubber spacer (?) that was in the springs/suspension. I assume Ford puts these in the springs for some protection reason during shipping??

Anyway, So the dealership put it up on a lift and successfully removed the rubber spacer. No issues once removed so just FYI for everyone, check that the dealership removed this item assuming Ford puts these on all Mach-E's for delivery.
Same exact thing happened to us last night. This is what they look like.

puck.jpg

youdiscussedme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME CR1
Country flag
Took delivery of my vehicle on 28 Dec 2022 (MY '23, CR1 in my profile photo). Just wanted to thank the creator (@ChasingCoral) for making this as thorough as it is. Fortunately, my dealership has wholeheartedly embraced getting on board with EV sales and maintenance, but even the maintenance bay guys said "oh, you have a checklist :oops:" when they saw me out in the bay, walking around with the checklist/pen in hand just prior to taking delivery. I used to work on weapons in the Air Force, and I've got to say, this checklist is right on par with the level of attention to detail expected with them. Cheers!🍻
Sponsored