TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
I confess I'm a bit surprised section 4 "Functional Checks and Set-up" isn't completely automated and missing some key factors.

I would think there would be one button -- albeit buried deep in the settings -- that covers all of the steps beyond disabling Transport mode, the current time zone (if GPS doesn't update zones?), and setting the prefered language of the customer. All the other steps -- including radio auto-presets -- can be done with automation.

I'm also surprised what isn't listed:
  • No OTA update initiation.
    • I would hope that when driving off the lot, the latest available is already in the car and loaded. But as listed in the docs, this is not the case.
  • No checking the knob functionality.
    • I don't think "instrument cluster" counts with the knob?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I confess I'm a bit surprised section 4 "Functional Checks and Set-up" isn't completely automated and missing some key factors.

I would think there would be one button -- albeit buried deep in the settings -- that covers all of the steps beyond disabling Transport mode, the current time zone (if GPS doesn't update zones?), and setting the prefered language of the customer. All the other steps -- including radio auto-presets -- can be done with automation.

I'm also surprised what isn't listed:
  • No OTA update initiation.
    • I would hope that when driving off the lot, the latest available is already in the car and loaded. But as listed in the docs, this is not the case.
  • No checking the knob functionality.
    • I don't think "instrument cluster" counts with the knob?
When Transport Mode is turned off......the system searches for updates automatically.

The language is set at first flash but could have been changed along the way for any reason so it is good to check. I actually like that check item.

The other stuff, I have no clue. :)

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I usually say "or I will not take delivery of the vehicle" to add a little emphasis. I do that with the front license plate brackets, the dealer decals/placards they put on the back or dealer logo'd license plate frames. I don't want holes in the front of my car and I don't do free advertising.
The only way to get a Mach-E without the front plate bracket is to order one in a state without front plates. Not sure where the closest one to you is, but that was your way to get one without.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
The only way to get a Mach-E without the front plate bracket is to order one in a state without front plates. Not sure where the closest one to you is, but that was your way to get one without.
Well I was able to convince my VW dealership to not install it. I think I can manage that again

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Well I was able to convince my VW dealership to not install it. I think I can manage that again
It comes from the factory on Mach-E if the ordering dealer is in a state with front plates.

The only way to get a Mach-E without a front plate bracket is to order one from a dealer in a state that does not require them.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yep. It will be pretty easy to convince them not to install it since it will already be on the car when it arrives. (Assuming your car was ordered with the option code)

Last edited:

mh58

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME P4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone worried about a dealership washboy taking care of their Mach-E?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dealer Pre-Delivery Checklist for the Mach-E Appearance sectio

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Anyone worried about a dealership washboy taking care of their Mach-E?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dealer Pre-Delivery Checklist for the Mach-E Appearance sectio
I've instructed to my salesperson and the general sales manager that I want no washing or detailing of any kind and that I would prefer that all interior factory protections stay in place. Basically told them they could remove the white plastic film from the outside and the brake covers and that's it.

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I usually say "or I will not take delivery of the vehicle" to add a little emphasis. I do that with the front license plate brackets, the dealer decals/placards they put on the back or dealer logo'd license plate frames. I don't want holes in the front of my car and I don't do free advertising.
Don’t think the dealer will be too concerned if you don’t take delivery. They’ll sell it within 48hrs.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Im not ready to die on the hill yet, or take this thread OT again... but I did talk to two different dealers tonight that are convinced the front brackets weren't installed when the car came in.

Of course they didn't prove it what any photographic evidence. One was looking for a $5k ADM on the FE they have available now- I'm assuming any declined will be this way for the foreseeable future.

Nice to see this prep document- I'll assume they can handle cleaning this one time. Needs to be clean and out of the rain for my pre-buying inspection anyway.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Lots of discussion about the real and potential ADMs out there. Well here’s one to beat all. The was posted on an Audi web site today for an Audi RS6.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dealer Pre-Delivery Checklist for the Mach-E CEC1FEED-5A2E-4BF0-B51C-C95534032EFC
Wow - speechless

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Yep. It will be pretty easy to convince them not to install it since it will already be on the car when it arrives. (Assuming your car was ordered with the option code)
I live in NM, a 'no front plate state'.....

I've emailed my Dealer to re-iterate that I do NOT want them to install a front bracket, nor do I want them to let Staff or prospective customers test ride my car. I got no response, so I'll probably stop in person prior to my est delivery date to remind them.

palsapp.com shows my MME arrive in KC today, so I'm hoping the transport from KC to NM doesn't take more than a week? two at the outside?
Sponsored