Mach E effect on Ford stock price?

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
After thinking about it, the Mach E would be very important to the stock price and Ford's reputation. It's their chance to be the initial "legacy" car marking with a really successful full electric vehicle. GM is the one with sales of the Bolt, but they've not been very notable among the car buyers and car enthusiasts.
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
The market has in general been rather down in Ford for quite awhile. Despite their rather nice dividend (until recently) they were significantly under valued in my opinion. Although I do not think the MME will be as significant to their bottom line as the F150 or structural changes in the company, I do believe success with the MME will increase confidence in the company. If I were to wager a guess (and we are talking about the stock market, so it's always a wager) I would say the impact would likely start to show by mid 2021.

OP
OP
mark360

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
The market has in general been rather down in Ford for quite awhile. Despite their rather nice dividend (until recently) they were significantly under valued in my opinion. Although I do not think the MME will be as significant to their bottom line as the F150 or structural changes in the company, I do believe success with the MME will increase confidence in the company. If I were to wager a guess (and we are talking about the stock market, so it's always a wager) I would say the impact would likely start to show by mid 2021.
I completely agree with you JCHLi and I think Ford's undervaluation is what keeps me happy to own their stock. With the Bronco, Mach E, and their other vehicles starting to do exceptionally well I think they are back on the path to $14+ per share if they execute.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
This is all coming from a Tesla Model 3 Owner who can't make himself buy Tesla stock. lol. Tesla is valued over 13x book value. My entry point for TSLA is around $180/share or less.
We should have bought when you posted this in March ;) Tesla is up 200 % since then! Was $400 back then LOL now $1200. Your $180 might be hard to catch.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
FORD MOTOR COMPANY ANNOUNCES DETAILS FOR Q2 2020 EARNINGS CONFERENCE CALL
JUL 10, 2020 | DEARBORN, MICH.

DEARBORN, Michigan, July 10, 2020 – Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) and Ford Motor Credit Company will release their second quarter 2020 financial results at 4:05 p.m. ET on Thursday, July 30.

Following the release, Jim Hackett, Ford president and chief executive officer; Tim Stone, Ford chief financial officer; and members of Ford’s senior management team will host a conference call at 5:00 p.m. ET to discuss the results.

The presentation and supporting material will be available at www.shareholder.ford.com. Representatives of the investment community will have the opportunity to ask questions on the call.

Access Information – Thursday, July 30
Ford Earnings Call: 5:00 p.m. ET
Toll-Free: 1.877.870.8664
International: 1.970.297.2423
Password: Ford Earnings
Webcast: www.shareholder.ford.com
Replay – Available after 8:00 p.m. ET on July 30 through Aug. 5
Toll-Free: 1.855.859.2056
International: 1.404.537.3406
Conference ID: 6694664
Webcast: www.shareholder.ford.com

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Looks like the Bronco has an impact on stock prices. From low 6s to near 6.90 more. I think this is another Mach E effect - in this case Ford can point to tons of online reservations that show they have a winner on their hands.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
Looks like the Bronco has an impact on stock prices. From low 6s to near 6.90 more. I think this is another Mach E effect - in this case Ford can point to tons of online reservations that show they have a winner on their hands.
The stock jumped 5% on the Bronco reveal, and I agree with you that the MME is factoring into it.

I went ahead and bought a small amount even though I think it’s likely there will be a dip in the next couple months where I will buy a larger lot. But a successful vaccine might also appear and there will be no dip.

Last edited:

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
...I also feel comfortable with the assumption that COVID and millennials maturing will keep the suburbs growing and see movements away from the coasts. Ford seems to have a solid plan for electrification and to attract different types of SUV buyers. Or at least a better plan than other automakers.

From my own experience friends have moved from CA->CO and NY->TX due to COVID, WFH ability, family, and quality of life.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
...I also feel comfortable with the assumption that COVID and millennials maturing will keep the suburbs growing and see movements away from the coasts. Ford seems to have a solid plan for electrification and to attract different types of SUV buyers. Or at least a better plan than other automakers.

From my own experience friends have moved from CA->CO and NY->TX due to COVID, WFH ability, family, and quality of life.
And the great "urban migration" of the last half century (due in large measure to more automated farming requiring less workers) may not only have peaked but suddenly starting to reverse due to COVID and the resulting surge of telecommuting (which most directly affects downtown office jobs). Downtown jobs are also the biggest share of transit riders (most US transit systems are geared primarily toward getting downtown workers in/out), meaning people that didn't need a car to get downtown may be looking for one to get around their new digs out in suburb/exburb/rural America. Without being anchored to a job commute, people are more free to live where the lifestyle fits them better. Which probably includes a house with a garage.

Americans are eyeing homes in the suburbs as pent-up demand hits housing market

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...pent-up-demand-hits-housing-market-2020-06-17

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
Earnings Estimates are out. Are we expecting Revenue to drop 50% and this big of a loss? Or is this some analyst that is out of touch.

Earnings for Q2 2020

OP
OP
mark360

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Earnings Estimates are out. Are we expecting Revenue to drop 50% and this big of a loss? Or is this some analyst that is out of touch.

Earnings for Q2 2020
Ford's Q2 was down in the US 33%, so not sure about how revenue would be down 50% as their main hit was cars. Not sure what they will lose, but every automaker has show similar losses so no surprise there. Sales will be back up end of year, into next year. I expect record numbers from Ford next year with their new product launches.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
The thing with Ford is:
  • They report bad news....the stock goes down
  • They report good news....the stock goes down

Can't win for losing.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag

Earnings for Q2 2020
If analysts knew anything, they would be billionaires they wouldn't be analysts.

Apologies to anyone in that line of work...
Sponsored