Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hope so too! Tesla let me take a Model 3 for a weekend. Loved the driving experience, but talk about glued to a charger... Anything to increase range will be golden.
I'm assuming you got the base version, which is still 250 miles on a full charge. That's more than the select trim on the mach e. I'd reconsider if you're thinking there is going to be a huge difference.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Touran
Country flag
From the european reveal in Oslo, Norway November 17th (myself I ordered a grabber blue first edition in the middle of the night, some hours before I got to see the car live. I was not disappointet!).
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Exterior and Interior Videos B361549A-B941-4240-9CEF-BBDC0A0BD8B4
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Exterior and Interior Videos 42F54D98-442E-4D5C-8CC1-E462B69E1675
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Exterior and Interior Videos 25758171-DBB1-4519-A87F-77C4D4E4BBB6
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Exterior and Interior Videos D261BE37-2504-4076-8DCF-C0248DD8485F
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Exterior and Interior Videos 24CD4E87-FBC8-44B6-BA94-BF0AD49907B9

ODBMongoose

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR RWD Mach-E Star White Tech Pack Plus
Country flag
A recent video from Germany.
Please note at the end of the video you see them driving the Mach-E in the showroom.
Odd sound...

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
That odd sound is likely the required pedestrian warning sound that is required when going <10mph or so.

Check that off as another EV advantage: You can start and drive the car indoors without requiring a ventilation system. I often start my Bolt in the garage with the door closed--still raises the hair on the back of my neck but its completely safe LOL.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
A recent video from Germany.
Please note at the end of the video you see them driving the Mach-E in the showroom.
Odd sound...

I heard that too. It sounds like a pump running. Since the grill shutters appeared open I wonder if the BMS was running the AC system to condition the battery.

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
I heard that too. It sounds like a pump running. Since the grill shutters appeared open I wonder if the BMS was running the AC system to condition the battery.
I believe he's talking about the beeps. They occur 3 times while it's being driven. Its almost a UFO sort of sound. For instance, at the 6:50 mark.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
I still think the "pump" sound is just the pedestrian alert noise it makes at slow speed. The automakers try to make that sound like an ICE idling so it sounding like a "pump" is quite logical.

The beeps (almost sounds like movie sonar noises) are likely proximity warnings as it is being driven inside an office with people all around.

I hope the pumps aren't that loud! They weren't in my Focus Electric and they aren't in the Bolt.

(The only really "loud" thing I've heard on the outside of the Bolt is the cooling fans when plugged into a DCFC--then it sounds like its trying to lift off LOL)

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I still think the "pump" sound is just the pedestrian alert noise it makes at slow speed. The automakers try to make that sound like an ICE idling so it sounding like a "pump" is quite logical.

The beeps (almost sounds like movie sonar noises) are likely proximity warnings as it is being driven inside an office with people all around.

I hope the pumps aren't that loud! They weren't in my Focus Electric and they aren't in the Bolt.

(The only really "loud" thing I've heard on the outside of the Bolt is the cooling fans when plugged into a DCFC--then it sounds like its trying to lift off LOL)
It sounds very similar to the electric A/C on my C-Max. They had to release a TSB stating that the loudness is normal. Does the FFE not have a loud A/C?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
It sounds very similar to the electric A/C on my C-Max. They had to release a TSB stating that the loudness is normal. Does the FFE not have a loud A/C?
Not loud enough for me to notice (granted I haven't had the FFE for almost 5 years now but if the A/C was noisy enough that it bothered me I think I would remember that).

On the Bolt I barely hear any pumps or solenoids or anything...

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Not loud enough for me to notice (granted I haven't had the FFE for almost 5 years now but if the A/C was noisy enough that it bothered me I think I would remember that).

On the Bolt I barely hear any pumps or solenoids or anything...
Interesting.

C-Max Hybrid (don't know about Energi) has this noise which I think is the vacuum pump for brakes, maybe emissions check too. You can hear that start just by opening the door.

At about this mark, you can hear the A/C, which is a lower-volume "grinding" noise.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Just spotted this video from way back at the November reveal in LA. It's from Lebanese auto journalist Alam Al Sayarat. I don't speak Arabic, but it has good video shots of a white Premium with the lighter interior, showing a good view of the frunk, trunk, and EVSEs.

Also some quick views of the blue GT interior.

Sponsored